The Education Forum

Who was Mrs Robert Reid?

I bring this up since I think its related to Givens.

But before posting, please read this fascinating thread at ROKC. 

http://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t559-geraldean-reid

A lot of people have it out for ROKC, but IMO, they do a lot of really good work there. It appears that Mrs. Robert Reid was one Jeraldean Reid.  Am I right on this?  How could she have seen Oswald at 12:33 when many writers and witnesses say he left the TSBD at that time?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what Bart Kamp says about her:

http://www.prayer-man.com/tsbd/mrs-robert-reid/

I would have to agree with him.  Geneva Hine really KO's her.

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

This is what Bart Kamp says about her:

http://www.prayer-man.com/tsbd/mrs-robert-reid/

I would have to agree with him.  Geneva Hine really KO's her.

Thanks for the acknowledgement of ROKC and its research.

Her FBI statement killed it at first and her WC testimony added more weight as she just would not want to rat out a fellow colleague who was her boss.

http://www.prayer-man.com/tsbd/geneva-hine/ 

Edited by Bart Kamp

8 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

But before posting, please read this fascinating thread at ROKC. 

http://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t559-geraldean-reid

A lot of people have it out for ROKC, but IMO, they do a lot of really good work there. It appears that Mrs. Robert Reid was one Jeraldean Reid.  Am I right on this?  How could she have seen Oswald at 12:33 when many writers and witnesses say he left the TSBD at that time?

Jim,

According to the 1940 Census, her name was Jeraldean.

She gave an affidavit to the Dallas Police on November 23, 1964. It was taken by James Leavelle. You can find it in the DPD Archives in Box 2, Folder# 2, Item# 17 here:

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box2.htm

Her FBI statement was given on March 18,1964 here:

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh22/pdf/WH22_CE_1381.pdf

page 39.

As Bob Ness pointed out:

https://billiongraves.com/grave/person/5462540

She was married to Robert Anthony

It's interesting. A Robert Reid gave a statement to the FBI on January 10, 1964. He was a Court Clerk in the Dallas District Clerk's Office.

I do not know if he was Robert Antthony, He told the FBI:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/exhibits/ce2099.htm

"ROBERT REID, Deputy Distruct Court Clerk, Dallas District Court, Clerk's Office, Records Building, advised that on November 22, 1963 he was observing the Presidential Motorcade from the window of Judge HENRY KING's court room, and followed the progress of the Presidential Motorcade from the second floor windows of the court house as it progressed down Main Street on to Houston Street and west on Elm Street from Houston Street.

Mr. Reid believes that Mrs. LILLIAN MOONEYHAM and CECIL AULT, Deputy District Court Clerks, Criminal Courts Building, as well as others not recalled, were also observing the Presidential Motorcade from Judge KING's court room window."

Lillian Mooneyham told the FBI:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/exhibits/ce2098.htm

"LILLIAN MOONEYHAM, Deputy District Court Clerk, 85th Court, Records Building, advised that she watched the Presidential Motorcade on November 22, 1963 from the windows of the court house. She, along with Mrs. ROSE CLARK and JEANETTE E. HOOKER, observed the Presidential Motorcade proceeding down Main Street from the window of Judge J. FRANK WILSON'S courtroom, overlooking Main Street. As the motorcade passed them on Main Street, MOONEYHAM, CLARK and HOOKER ran to Judge HENTY KING's courtroom window, which faces Houston Street, in time to see the motorcade turn west from Elm Street on Houston. Mrs MOONEYHAM believes that BOB REID, Deputy District Court Clerk, Dallas, Texas, was in Judge KING's courtroom watching the motorcade at te same time as was MOONEYHAM, CLARK and HOOKER."

" Mrs MOONEYHAM believes that BOB REID, Deputy District Court Clerk, Dallas, Texas, was in Judge KING's courtroom watching the motorcade at the same time as was MOONEYHAM, CLARK and HOOKER."

" Mrs. MOONEYHAM and Mrs. CLARK left Judge KING's courtroom and went to the office of Judge Julien C. Hyer on the third floor of the Records Building, where they continued to observe the happenings from Judge HYER's window."

Around 4-5 minutes after the assassination, she saw a man on the sixth floor of the TSBD.

"Mr. REID stated he observed nothing significant and at no time did he observe the windows of the TSBD building." 

Steve Thomas

One of my favorite testimony passages is REID here trying NOT to say Oswald was in the lunchroom with "them/they"...
Didn't anyone ever teach BELIN about leading a witness ??  :up

Mr. BELIN. All right. Do you know about what time it was that you left the lunchroom, was it 12, 12:15?
Mrs. REID. I think around 12:30 somewhere along in there.
Mr. BELIN. All right. When you left the lunchroom, did you leave with the other girls?

Mrs. REID. No; I didn't. The younger girls had gone and I left alone.
Mr. BELIN. Were you the last person in the lunchroom?
Mrs. REID. No; I could not say that because I don't remember that part of it because I was going out of the building by myself, I wasn't even, you know, connected with anyone at all.
Mr. BELIN. Were there any men in the lunchroom when you left there?
Mrs. REID. I can't, I don't, remember that.   ["don't" what?]
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mrs. REID. I can't remember the time they left.

7 hours ago, David Josephs said:

One of my favorite testimony passages is REID here trying NOT to say Oswald was in the lunchroom with "them/they"...
Didn't anyone ever teach BELIN about leading a witness ??  :up

Mr. BELIN. All right. Do you know about what time it was that you left the lunchroom, was it 12, 12:15?
Mrs. REID. I think around 12:30 somewhere along in there.
Mr. BELIN. All right. When you left the lunchroom, did you leave with the other girls?

Mrs. REID. No; I didn't. The younger girls had gone and I left alone.
Mr. BELIN. Were you the last person in the lunchroom?
Mrs. REID. No; I could not say that because I don't remember that part of it because I was going out of the building by myself, I wasn't even, you know, connected with anyone at all.
Mrs. REID. I can't, I don't, remember that.   ["don't" what?]
Mr. BELIN. All right.

I must be missing something. Do you think she's lying? And that she saw Oswald in the lunchroom (which is on the second floor)?

The evidence, IMO, points to Oswald being in the domino room (which is on the first floor) at the time of the shooting. 

While the fact there were two lunch rooms is confusing to some, it makes perfect sense to me. Having worked in both the warehouse and the offices of a large music distributor, I know firsthand the culture of a place like the TSBD. And the fact is that the warehouse workers, no matter their race, would be expected to eat together. And leave the office workers alone. 

It largely comes down to this...warehouse workers are sweaty and have B.O. And cuss. And make the ladies and gentlemen...uncomfortable. When you take into account that a number of the TSBD's workers had brown skin, and that this was 1963 Texas, for that matter, it's easy to see how the office workers and warehouse workers would barely know each other. Let's remember as well that a number of the office workers said they had little to no recollection of ever seeing Oswald. If he had swam against the tide, and had eaten lunch with the ladies, well, they would most certainly have noticed him, and talked to him, and discovered he'd just had a baby, etc. That they knew so little about him, then, is clear evidence to me that he did not frequent the lunch room, outside of perhaps buying a coke. 

Edited by Pat Speer

Who “determined” that one of the ladies in the Wiegman film is Mrs. Reid??? Was it a process of elimination? I doubt that this lady is in the color photo made public by a certain banned member. I’m not allowed to mention his name and I cannot post the color photo since I don’t have the permission of that banned individual.

Edited by Denis Morissette

13 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I must be missing something. Do you think she's lying? And that she saw Oswald in the lunchroom (which is on the second floor)?

The evidence, IMO, points to Oswald being in the domino room (which is on the first floor) at the time of the shooting. 

While the fact there were two lunch rooms is confusing to some, it makes perfect sense to me. Having worked in both the warehouse and the offices of a large music distributor, I know firsthand the culture of a place like the TSBD. And the fact is that the warehouse workers, no matter their race, would be expected to eat together. And leave the office workers alone. 

It largely comes down to this...warehouse workers are sweaty and have B.O. And cuss. And make the ladies and gentlemen...uncomfortable. When you take into account that a number of the TSBD's workers had brown skin, and that this was 1963 Texas, for that matter, it's easy to see how the office workers and warehouse workers would barely know each other. Let's remember as well that a number of the office workers said they had little to no recollection of ever seeing Oswald. If he had swam against the tide, and had eaten lunch with the ladies, well, they would most certainly have noticed him, and talked to him, and discovered he'd just had a baby, etc. That they knew so little about him, then, is clear evidence to me that he did not frequent the lunch room, outside of perhaps buying a coke. 

Yes Pat, I think she is hiding the fact she saw someone looking like Oswald in the lunchroom as well as walking thru the office in only a t-shirt...  we both know that Oswald wore that Briarloom button-down collared shirt over his white T-shirt...   Whether "Lee" to our man's Harvey... or another look-a-like, there was most definitely a second Oswald-looking character in that building....

As for his being in the Domino Room....  Eddie Piper claims he was down there around 11:50-12:00  https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=35#relPageId=393&tab=page

But then he leaves and goes to the front of the building on the 1st floor.... (and then lies his butt off IMO)

You write:    "but recalled possibly two negro employees walking through the room in this period. "
which does not sound like "having lunch with 2 colored boys"   - you SURE Oswald was in there during lunch?

Mr. BALL. Where were you when you ate your lunch?
Mr. NORMAN. In the domino room, as I recall.
Mr. BALL. Who was with you at that time?
Mr. NORMAN. I can't remember who ate in the lunchroom, I mean the domino room, with me.
Mr. BALL. Did some other employees eat there?
Mr. NORMAN. I think there was someone else in there because we usually played dominoes in there but that particular day we didn't play that morning.
Mr. BALL. Why didn't you play that morning?
Mr. NORMAN. Well, didn't nobody show up there to play like the guys usually come in to play.

He says "DOMINO" 11 times yet no Oswald.

Mr. McCLOY. You testified that you had not seen Oswald except this one occasion in the morning. Did you hear any of your friends or coworkers say whether they had seen Oswald on that morning?
Mr. NORMAN. Not until after
Mr. McCLOY. After the assassination?
Mr. NORMAN. Yes, sir; that is the only time.

Mr. BALL. Did you remember seeing him at any time that morning?
Mr. NORMAN. Yes; around about 10 or 10:15, somewhere in the neighborhood of that.

Sure doesn't sound like a person who ate his lunch with Oswald and Jarman....  but more like your quote...  "walking thru the room"
From the evidence it appears no one was left in the Domino Room after Piper, Jarman and Norman see Oswald around noon.

PAT - How exactly does this preclude him from being in the 2nd floor lunchroom between 12 and 12:30 when REID is there?

An 11-23-63 statement to the Dallas County Sheriff’s Dept. signed by depository janitor Eddie Piper confirms:Yesterday, at 12:00 noon, this fellow Lee says to me 'I’m going up to eat' and I went on to my lunch. I went to a front window on the first floor and ate my lunch and waited to see the President's parade go by. I saw the President pass and heard some shots and looked at the clock there and saw it was 12:25PM.” (19H499)

Pat, "I'm going up to eat" surely suggests that Oswald did NOT eat in the Domino room as the rest of the evidence shows....  I read MRS. REID's testimony at that spot and it seems to me she is avoiding saying that while she was left alone by the younger girls, "THEY" = "MEN" from BELIN's question

Mrs. REID. I can't, I don't, remember that.
Mr. BELIN. All right.

While I appreciate your colorful description of the circumstances... but it amounts to you guessing, speculating, adding facts where there are none... etc.
Mrs REID and Mr. CRAIG see a different man they call Oswald than was the man Ruby killed.

Sorry - but these two men aren't the same person...  that more was afoot inside the TSBD than we know is no real big surprise....

59f2660f2179b_63-11-221963v1959Oswald.thumb.jpg.54814dc6efe612f762f160c339ab3242.jpg

"sure."

Mr. BELIN. How did you know the person you saw was Lee Harvey Oswald on the second floor?
Mrs. REID. Because it looked just like him.
Mr. BELIN. You mean the picture with the name Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mrs. REID. Oh, yes.
Mr. BELIN. But you had seen him in the building?
Mrs. REID. Other than that day, sure.

Mr. BELIN. Do you remember what clothes he had on when you saw him?
Mrs. REID. What he was wearing, he had on a white T-shirt and some kind of wash trousers. What color I couldn't tell you.
Mr. BELIN. I am going to hand you what has been marked Commission Exhibit, first 157 and then 158, and I will ask you if either or both look like they might have been the trousers that you saw him wear or can you tell?
Mrs. REID. I just couldn't be positive about that. I would rather not say, because I just cannot.
Mr. BELIN. Do you remember whether he had any shirt or jacket on over his T-shirt?
Mrs. REID. He did not. He did not have any jacket on.
Mr. BELIN. Have you ever seen anyone working at the book depository wearing any kind of a shirt or jacket similar to Commission Exhibit 150 or do you know?
Mrs. REID. No; I do not. I have never, so far as I know ever seen that shirt. I have been asked about that shirt before, I have seen it once before but not since all this happened.

Mrs. REID. Well, I kept walking and I looked up and Oswald was coming in the back door of the office. I met him by the time I passed my desk several feet and I told him, I said, "Oh, the President has been shot, but maybe they didn't hit him."
He mumbled something to me, I kept walking, he did, too. I didn't pay any attention to what he said because I had no thoughts of anything of him having any connection with it at all because he was very calm. He had gotten a coke and was holding it in his hands and I guess the reason it impressed me seeing him in there I thought it was a little strange that one of -the warehouse boys would be up in the office at the time, not that he had done anything wrong. The only time I had seen him in the office was to come and get change and he already had his coke in his hand so he didn't come for change and I dismissed him. I didn't think anything else.

Reid never saw him but in his T-shirt!

Thanks to Malcolm Blunt

Malcolm-Archive-Feb-2018345.jpg

And Marrion Baker said he was wearing what exactly?

Mr. BAKER - At that particular time I was looking at his face, and it seemed to me like he had a light brown jacket on and maybe some kind of white-looking shirt.
Anyway, as I noticed him walking away from me, it was kind of dim in there that particular day, and it was hanging out to his side.
Mr. BELIN - Handing you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit 150, would this appear to be anything that you have ever seen before?
Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir; I believe that is the shirt that he had on when he came. I wouldn't be sure of that. It seemed to me like that other shirt was a little bit darker than that whenever I saw him in the homicide office there.
Mr. BELIN - What about when you saw him in the School Book Depository Building, does this look familiar as anything he was wearing, if you know?
Mr. BAKER - I couldn't say whether that was--it seemed to me it was a light-colored brown but I couldn't say it was that or not.
Mr. DULLES - Lighter brown did you say, I am just asking what you said. I couldn't quite hear.
Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir; all I can remember it was in my recollection of it it was a light brown jacket.
Mr. BELIN - Are you referring to this Exhibit 150 as being similar to the jacket or similar to the shirt that you saw or, if not, similar to either one?
Mr. BAKER - Well, it would be similar in color to it--I assume it was a jacket, it was hanging out. Now, I was looking at his face and I wasn't really paying any attention. After Mr. Truly said he knew him, so I didn't pay any attention to him, so I just turned and went on.
Mr. BELIN - Now, you did see him later at the police station, is that correct?
Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN - Was he wearing anything that looked like Exhibit 150 at the police station?
Mr. BAKER - He did have a brown-type shirt on that was out.
Mr. BELIN - Did it appear to be similar to any clothing you had seen when you saw him at the School Book Depository Building?
Mr. BAKER - I could have mistaken it for a jacket, but to my recollection it was a little colored jacket, that is all I can say.

Edited by Bart Kamp