Jump to content
The Education Forum
Rich Pope

Oswald's Behavior

Recommended Posts

 

Let me start by saying, I don't believe Oswald shot President Kennedy.  However, I have some concerns about his behavior AFTER the president was shot.  His return to his boarding house, getting his .38 revolver, changing his clothes, leaving the boarding house, heading in the general direction of Jack Ruby's apartment and then winding-up in the TT bobbing from person to person in an apparent effort to make contact with someone.  All of this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Is anyone else in the same predicament I'm in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, Rich. This, of course, has been discussed on this Forum before. However, with our search engine, it may be difficult to find.  I found this thread for you here at the Forum by typing in "Oswald's behavior after leaving the TSBD ed forum" into Google. It gave me this link:

You'll find that the topics you have posted on are probably discussed here somewhere, and you can add to those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kathy Beckett said:

Hey, Rich. This, of course, has been discussed on this Forum before. However, with our search engine, it may be difficult to find.  I found this thread for you here at the Forum by typing in "Oswald's behavior after leaving the TSBD ed forum" into Google. It gave me this link:

You'll find that the topics you have posted on are probably discussed here somewhere, and you can add to those.

Kathy,

Thank you very much.  I'm overwhelmed by the massive amount of information on the forum.  It's going to take me a while to sift through everything.  I appreciate your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thread Kathy is linking you to Rich is extensively posted.

I just very briefly browsed it because I too have had specific interest in Oswald's behavior once he left the Texas School Book Depository and ending with his arrest and a perfectly incriminating photo-op display to an instantly large lynch mob crowd ( with shouts of "kill him"-"hang him" ) outside of the Texas theater.

That whole outside crowd and press scene seemed too instantly large to me.

Also, you read about Oswald walking up to single and couples theater audience patrons in the Texas theater and sitting "right next to them" even though the theater was a large seat number one and sparsely attended.

Here we have another odd fact reported by at least some of the theater patrons, but we can't prove Oswald did this.

Because if Oswald really did this sidling up to others in a seat right next to them, there has to be some other reason behind this odd action besides his just liking to be shoulder to shoulder with others versus sitting by himself while watching the movies.

Like all of us here, I have gone to the movies hundreds if not thousands of times in my 67 years.  I have never had anyone ( a stranger ) sit "right next to me" if the theater was only 20% full and there were many open seats all around my single one.

If they did ( and they didn't look like Pamela Anderson ) I would feel so uncomfortable I would instantly move.

This reported theater seat moving action on Oswald part ( if true ) is clearly worthy of suspicion beyond meaningless.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe, don't you think if someone was in the theater causing a disturbance someone would have gone to the lobby to report it? Apparently that did not happen here.  So did it happen or was everyone in the theater in on "it".

Edited by Cory Santos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corey, did any theater seated audience member proven present before the police came in ever say that Oswald kept changing seats more than normal or even sat right next to other patrons in this unusual musical chairs action?

Was it more than one or two that said this?  Or was it just a single theater usher who said this?

Were these statements made to the police or members of the press and restated in published or recorded testimony form?

Oswald's reported seat changing is mentioned in the following Popular Mechanics article:

 

Don’t bother trying to find the infamous seat. There is no marker, and Oswald moved seats several times as the movie played. Besides, the theater owner may have removed the seat before the FBI seized it. No one really knows where Oswald sat or what became of the seat.

If I personally saw this action by another theater patron I wouldn't have reported this to the theater management. It wasn't arm waving and shouting behavior.

I would have just given it a brief curious thought and even if I was sat next to, if the person who did this got up within a few seconds I probably wouldn't even have moved to a new seat.

But, after the crazy scene that followed with the arrival of the police I would have mentioned it because it involved the person who was hauled off and was instantly notorious.

I guess the question is, how many theater patrons actually mentioned this action by Oswald?

If it were more than one, two or three, I would consider this a serious point of witness testimony to consider regards Oswald's possible motive for going into the theater besides just a random desperately selected hideout.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning Rich...your concerns about Oswald's post-assassination behavior is the thesis for my recent book "Malcontent: Lee Harvey Oswald's Confession By Conduct".  Most of the Oswald Computer Voice Stress Analysis charts can be found on my website seandegrilla.com.  I hope you like it; email me with any questions.  Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/MALCONTENT-Harvey-Oswalds-Confession-Conduct/dp/1733029206

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sean DeGrilla said:

Good morning Rich...your concerns about Oswald's post-assassination behavior is the thesis for my recent book "Malcontent: Lee Harvey Oswald's Confession By Conduct".  Most of the Oswald Computer Voice Stress Analysis charts can be found on my website seandegrilla.com.  I hope you like it; email me with any questions.  Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/MALCONTENT-Harvey-Oswalds-Confession-Conduct/dp/1733029206

 

Sean,

Thanks for the link.  I just purchased your book and I'll let you know if I have questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 2:15 PM, Rich Pope said:

Let me start by saying, I don't believe Oswald shot President Kennedy.  However, I have some concerns about his behavior AFTER the president was shot.  His return to his boarding house, getting his .38 revolver, changing his clothes, leaving the boarding house, heading in the general direction of Jack Ruby's apartment and then winding-up in the TT bobbing from person to person in an apparent effort to make contact with someone.  All of this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Is anyone else in the same predicament I'm in?

Hi Rich:

If you view Oswald as a patsy, and this is how he describes himself, then leaving the TBSD and getting his gun makes sense. He told the press that he was a patsy i.e he was set up to take the blame for Kennedy's death. His statement to the press indicates that others must have been involved in JFK's murder, and that these other people want him to be blamed for it. After Kennedy was killed he must have realized that what ever reason he was given to be in the TBSD on November 22 was a lie and that and that his own life could be in danger, and that is why he went back to his rooming house to get his gun.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John,

Yes, if you look at it those terms...I can understand his behavior a little bit better.  For me, the assassination has always hinged on the idea that the Carcano rifle could NOT have been the murder weapon no matter who was holding it because it was such a non-working, piece of junk.  The fact that the FBI found the mounted scope to be worthless among other things it very telling IMHO.  We can argue all day long about who was involved and what role they played but it doesn't have to be so complicated if we simply focus on the rifle and how the FBI and the WC painted itself into a corner with its lone-nut/Carcano rifle scenario.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that Oswald felt like a patsy until after his arrest and charges. That he ever had a gun is fuzzy at best. Everything hinged on whatever the police said.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Karl Hilliard said:

I don't think that Oswald felt like a patsy until after his arrest and charges. That he ever had a gun is fuzzy at best. Everything hinged on whatever the police said.

 

Well, I don't trust the Dallas Police as far as I can throw them, or the FBI for that matter.  I agree Oswald may have not felt like a patsy until he realized he was hung out to dry and that would be when the police charged him with both deaths (Tippit and JFK).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...