The Education Forum

JFK Assassination Photo of Foot Hanging Over Car Door

I was watching the SM Holland interview with Mark Lane recently (who IMO offers the most damning evidence of a shot from the front) and noticed this photo at the end.  I had never seen it before but it was included after Holland said JFK was hit so hard by the shot from the knoll that it "flipped him over" and his foot was hanging over the car door.

You don't really see this in the Zapruder film but is this true? 

image.png.98bebc10fc3dc4d92e0292a8635b1d32.png

image.png.dea0789e1900e278943792402e8de925.png

Like David said there's a back thread.  If I remember right this is well past Dealy Plaza and the Zapruder film.  Taken along Stemmons Freeway on the way to Parkland Hospital.  The Corham sign in the background of the zoomed out second picture was discussed.  Seems it was a furniture store or something similar along Stemmons.  

In the first zoomed in picture if that's Clint Hill's foot, based on his torso in it, he would have been in Parkland for knee or ankle surgery afterwards.  And, as prior to orthoscopic surgery, in a cast for about three months afterward.  Your foot doesn't twist to such an angle without breaking the ankle or severely xxxxing up your knee.  I'm not an orthopedic surgeon (bless them) but know this from personal experience after proving I was not an expert snow skier in 1984.  Knee ligaments are crucial to walking.  Limbs are not meant to twist that way.

The picture made me sad when I first saw it a few years back.  And it still does.  Not because of my own misfortune.  But because I believe it's JFK's foot.  I believe JFK died in Dealy Plaza.  With the exit wound Dr. McClellan and others saw at Parkland it had to be instantaneous, a blessing for JFK at least, in a sense.  By the time the picture was taken Jackie was cradling his head in her lap.  I believe his foot was stuck over the side in his death throes leaving Dealy Plaza/entering the Stemmons Freeway ramp.  I don't mean to be callous here, for the sake of his memory and family.

My photobucket account got locked... but you can still see that it is actually JFK's hand, not a foot....

There is literally no position JFK or Hill could be in that would allow that to be a foot....  start with that... in what position could JFK possibly be if that was his foot?

JFKhandonlimo.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

It's interesting to watch the video and see S. M. Holland walk the route from the underpass to the parking lot with Mark Lane.  I hadn't realized that the parking lot is almost level with the top of the underpass, because the streets descend so much.

Edited by David Andrews

Okay if it's a hand where is his head? I'm going to make an assumption that Kennedy's torso and head are down in the foot area of Jackie's portion of the seat. If he was laying on the seat himself Clint Hill's knees would be in his back. And I can't figure out where Clint Hill's lower legs would be anyway folded back underneath him? It looks like his knees would be hitting the seat cushions. I don't think it's fake I just can't figure out where those lower legs are.

Some may remember that I started this up a decade or so ago and it ended up being one of the most contentious threads in the history of the forum, with some denying that anything was done to the photo to make it look more like a foot. In the end, one of the members went out into his garage and tried to reproduce the photo and came back in claiming it must have been Clint Hill's left foot. 

The strange thing is Holland is absolutely clear on the details on what he heard and saw, and his testimony perfectly matches what everyone can see in the Z film, IMO. And about six guys went with him to the picket fence so they must have heard and saw the same thing.

I can't believe he was wrong about the foot.  Why would he even say it if he didn't see it?  Then it shows up in a photo of the limo on the way to Parkland?  That's quite a coincidence if Holland got it wrong.

My guess is JFK was in his death throes as the limo came out from the under bridge and that's when Holland saw his foot hanging over the car door.

I only brought this horrific scene up because for me it again reinforces that the head shot came from the front right as Holland and his fellow railroad men saw it.

One more thing - I heard both Wesley Frazier and another key witness at a JFK Lancer conference both say the last two shots were almost simultaneous just as Holland heard it, like many witnesses have said.  That negates the possibility that the Carcano did all the shooting.

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy