The Education Forum

The assassination of JFK: Who was the Mastermind?

Douglas Caddy

2 hours ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

I think Alan Dulles was the mastermind of the Big Event.  And, that was why LBJ put him on the WC.  LBJ knew that Alan Dulles knew what to keep secret and how to keep it secret. Dulles was the only one on the WC that worked full time on the WC. Most had full time jobs and worked on the WC part time. Dulles, in essence , controlled the WC.  Charles Cabell , who worked for Dulles in the CIA, was a general in the Army Air Force and could have had a rapport with other Generals such  as Lemay or Lenmitzer.

On a personal note, I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Bladder Cancer in the Fall of 2017 and had 6 cycles of chemo ( which killed the cancer) and then had major surgery. So far, my cancer has not returned. I echo Jim's point on health insurance. If I had to pay for my chemo and/or surgery out of my own pocket, I would be broke.  For instance, I know (through my health insurance "Explanation of Benefits" ) my chemo cost $20,000 per cycle and my surgery cost $44,000. And, there were/are much more costs that my insurance also covers.

Chuck - congratulations. I know how difficult chemo can be, having just watched my girlfriend go through 18 weeks for peritoneal stage 3B. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/14/2019 at 10:55 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Yes, there is.  A memo from FBI Director J Edgar Hoover briefing George Bush of the CIA on the assassination the day after.

Funny.  Hoover was busy conversing with his neighbor and frequent guest the new president that day about the death of his predecessor, as well as going to the track to bet on the ponies, but found time to brief George Bush, of the CIA.

Not funny.   Why didn't the Warren Omission know about this, investigate it?  They weren't an investigative body.  They were dependent on Hoover and his FBI to voluntarily provide this and much more,  but didn't.  In Fact suppressed information.

On 10/22/2019 at 10:55 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Not funny.   Why didn't the Warren Omission know about this, investigate it?  They weren't an investigative body.  They were dependent on Hoover and his FBI to voluntarily provide this and much more,  but didn't.  In Fact suppressed information.

Well yes, Ron. The Warren Commission not only conducted no honest investigation, they conducted no investigation at all. They only evaluated whatever "evidence" the FBI gave them. They only interviewed those witnesses cleared by the FBI. 

The Warren Commission had only one objective: to issue a report that blamed "Oswald" and "Oswald" alone for the assassination. The only acceptable "Oswald" motive for the Warren Commission was that "Oswald" was a nut.

Nothing else was permissible. 

The most benign explanation for this is that the commission members honestly believed that a cover-up was preferable to what they believed (wrongly) was the alternative: to tell the country that the president's murder was the result of a foreign-based plot. (Of course it wasn't, but this explanation says that men around Earl Warren worried about that.)

I reject that explanation.

While some of the commissioners may have believed this, Dulles and McCloy certainly knew better. No foreign power would have used "Oswald" and Ruby as assets in an assassination. Dulles knew better than anyone that "Oswald" shot no one. And Dulles and McCloy were the ultimate Wall Street insiders, men with profound and  prolonged professional and social connections to highest levels of the Deep State. 

Dulles and McCloy (and Ford?) knew perfectly well they were issuing a lie.

So who did it?

I don't know for certain, but Jefferson Morley argues that James Angleton knew exactly for whom he was covering:

"Morley raises the possibility that Angleton "manipulated Oswald as part of an assassination plot," but admits we simply don't know. However, "he certainly abetted those who did. Whoever killed JFK, Angleton protected them. He masterminded the JFK conspiracy cover-up."

https://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/new-book-reveals-secrets-about-boise-born-spy-james-angleton/Content?oid=7397602

Edited by Paul Jolliffe

On 10/25/2019 at 3:14 PM, Paul Jolliffe said:

Well yes, Ron. The Warren Commission not only conducted no honest investigation, they conducted no investigation at all. They only evaluated whatever "evidence" the FBI gave them. They only interviewed those witnesses cleared by the FBI. 

The Warren Commission had only one objective: to issue a report that blamed "Oswald" and "Oswald" alone for the assassination. The only acceptable "Oswald" motive for the Warren Commission was that "Oswald" was a nut.

Nothing else was permissible. 

The most benign explanation for this is that the commission members honestly believed that a cover-up was preferable to what they believed (wrongly) was the alternative: to tell the country that the president's murder was the result of a foreign-based plot. (Of course it wasn't, but this explanation says that men around Earl Warren worried about that.)

I reject that explanation.

While some of the commissioners may have believed this, Dulles and McCloy certainly knew better. No foreign power would have used "Oswald" and Ruby as assets in an assassination. Dulles knew better than anyone that "Oswald" shot no one. And Dulles and McCloy were the ultimate Wall Street insiders, men with profound and  prolonged professional and social connections to highest levels of the Deep State. 

Dulles and McCloy (and Ford?) knew perfectly well they were issuing a lie.

So who did it?

I don't know for certain, but Jefferson Morley argues that James Angleton knew exactly for whom he was covering:

"Morley raises the possibility that Angleton "manipulated Oswald as part of an assassination plot," but admits we simply don't know. However, "he certainly abetted those who did. Whoever killed JFK, Angleton protected them. He masterminded the JFK conspiracy cover-up."

https://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/new-book-reveals-secrets-about-boise-born-spy-james-angleton/Content?oid=7397602

Angleton knew for whom he worked.  Jeff was right in many respects.