The Education Forum

LBJ intervened to keep JFK from going to Waco on 11-22-63?

Joseph McBride

As I read it, LBJ was simply complying with a request from Baylor that the idea of JFK getting an honorary degree there be dropped. It seems evident that JFK was not welcome at Baylor, which saw any JFK visit there as political. Of course it was also convenient for the plotters (whether they included LBJ or not) that JFK accordingly did not go to Waco instead of Dallas.

4 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

As I read it, LBJ was simply complying with a request from Baylor that the idea of JFK getting an honorary degree there be dropped. It seems evident that JFK was not welcome at Baylor, which saw any JFK visit there as political. Of course it was also convenient for the plotters (whether they included LBJ or not) that JFK accordingly did not go to Waco instead of Dallas.

True.  And if JFK had visited Baylor on 11/22/63, they could have simply re-scheduled his fatal visit to the Dallas Trade Mart for a different day.

5 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Yes, Ron, that's the way I read the article, too. Whatever we may think LBJ's role in the assassination was, this article provides no support for anything.