The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

It is really something how quickly the party is rallying around a guy who, to me, represents just about everything we want to get rid of in the Democratic establishment.

Plus now, I think there are some really worrisome signs that Biden is getting a bit senile.

Very disappointing. Who would you take:  AOC or Amy K?  No brainer.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is, admittedly, a cheap shot, but I had to laugh when I saw it at Common Dreams today.

There's a reason, IMO, that Biden went 0-for-3 in the first three Democratic primaries/caucuses. 

He simply wasn't sharp in the debates.

(My apologies, in advance, to Biden supporters.)

.https://memedad.com/memes/1608418.jpg

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

This is, admittedly, a cheap shot, but I had to laugh when I saw it at Common Dreams today.

There's a reason, IMO, that Biden went 0-for-3 in the first three Democratic primaries/caucuses. 

He simply wasn't sharp in the debates.

(My apologies, in advance, to Biden supporters.)

.https://memedad.com/memes/1608418.jpg

I liked his last town hall though. Gave me a bit more ease if it turns out to be him. The debates make everyone look stupid at least part of the time. I don't pay any attention to them.

Just 41% of Americans approve of how President Trump is handling his job, while 54% disapprove, the March IBD/TIPP Poll finds. That negative 13-point differential has nearly doubled in the past month. In late January, Trump's job approval registered 44% and disapproval 51%.

Now just 37% of independents give Trump positive reviews, while 57% disapprove. That's down from 39%-53% in late January.

44 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

I liked his last town hall though. Gave me a bit more ease if it turns out to be him. The debates make everyone look stupid at least part of the time.

True enough.

Things are looking up for Biden so far tonight.  Winning Virginia and North Carolina is significant because those are two swing states that the Democrats have to win in November.  Obama won them, and Hillary didn't, as I recall.

4 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

The party is coming together (ha).  Exit polls say 81% will vote for whoever the nominee is in November.  Hope that's enough.

It looks like we'll get to choose between two septuagenarian, cognitively-impaired white guys in November.

Lucky us... 😬

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

It looks like we'll get to choose between two septuagenarian, cognitively-impaired white guys in November.

Lucky us... 😬

Haha. Better than an ego syntonic Adderal fiend with clinically critical narcissistic sociopathy and megalomania saturating every cell of his brain. Or something like that.

As the old sage stated, it ain't over until its over.

I have to say that sometime in the future, I really do hope someone goes over this all with a fine tooth comb. 

Buttigieg was important e.g. deprived Bernie of a clean win in Iowa, narrowed the gap in New Hampshire, and then was influential in the rally for Biden yesterday. The other factor is whatever that PAC was that gave Warren nine million to stay in a race that she cannot win.  Because if one looks at the margins in some of the states Biden won, without Warren I think Sanders could have taken them.  The other point is that Super Tuesday is heavily concentrated in southern states, most of which, the Democrats will not win in the general election. That was a lifesaver for Biden.

The Democratic establishment will resort to anything in order  to stop Bernie.  They did a good job tonight in achieving that end.

Edited by James DiEugenio

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Lucky us... 😬

One guy is running for President. The other guy is running for Emperor.

Is all the false equivalence necessary?

31 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

One guy is running for President. The other guy is running for Emperor.

Is all the false equivalence necessary?

Think he was referring to Biden and Bernie.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Because if one looks at the margins in some of the states Biden won, without Warren I think Sanders could have taken them.  The other point is that Super Tuesday is heavily concentrated in southern states, most of which, the Democrats will not win in the general election.

The Democratic establishment will resort to anything in order  to stop Bernie.  They did a good job tonight in achieving that end.

Yep I agree. The problem is Bernie's not really a Democrat even though I agree with him quite often. His other problem is he probably won't get any support for his initiatives if he becomes POTUS.

People are tired of the bickering. I think there's a good chance a more centrist candidate would send Florida blue. If so, that removes the Rube Goldberg math for a Dem win. Trump goes packing.

That's the most important thing by a factor of 100.

15 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Biden and Trump.  Bernie isn't cognitively impaired.

Ah. Right. They're all septugenarians... Trump's far beyond cognitively impaired though. That would be an upgrade.