The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

It was classified because *call someone a name*. Nice argument.

I said this months ago. Concord was fishing because the Russians well know they're compromised.

They do this all the time. SOP. Let me put it this way. The only reason Concord went to court was to get discovery. That's it. They didn't have to respond like the other defendants.

Either the government had a case or they did not. An indictment amounts to a statement by the prosecution that they have a case they can win in court. It turns out that they did not have a case. Therefore the assertion that Concord's digital marketing enterprise was a Russian military intelligence operation to sway the 2016 election to Trump is downgraded to, at best, someone's opinion. The government prosecutors are conceding that they cannot prove the allegation. Concord had every right as a defendant to request discovery - it's a crucial part of the legal system. 

It was highly irresponsible to assert that Russia intervened in a contentious US election, and inflame a significant portion of the populace, without proof. The prosecution should apologize to the American people. The New York Times, which assured its readership last summer that these allegations were "established fact", should apologize as well. That "Russiagate" was a hoax was clear all along, as any close reading of the government''s own case revealed.

A "one time" $1,000 check?

Ridiculous.

Not even enough to get a small family by for one month.

They should be sending these checks until the crisis is under control enough that 80% of lost job people are back to full time work and their kids are back in school.

And Trump & Mnuchin are trumpeting this as if it is "their " money and they are being so generous and caring of job loss victims to do this.

Hey!  It's "OUR" money...not yours!

You are darn right it should come back to us in a situation as dire as this.

If you didn't do something like this we would be kicking you out of office!

Edited by Joe Bauer

32 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

Either the government had a case or they did not. An indictment amounts to a statement by the prosecution that they have a case they can win in court. It turns out that they did not have a case. Therefore the assertion that Concord's digital marketing enterprise was a Russian military intelligence operation to sway the 2016 election to Trump is downgraded to, at best, someone's opinion. The government prosecutors are conceding that they cannot prove the allegation. Concord had every right as a defendant to request discovery - it's a crucial part of the legal system. 

It was highly irresponsible to assert that Russia intervened in a contentious US election, and inflame a significant portion of the populace, without proof. The prosecution should apologize to the American people. The New York Times, which assured its readership last summer that these allegations were "established fact", should apologize as well. That "Russiagate" was a hoax was clear all along, as any close reading of the government''s own case revealed.

Jeff. Who was going to show up for them to convict? Nobody.

The lawyers were acting as "of Counsel" but weren't their attorneys.

And yet they wanted to to view the evidence in camera in Russia.

You don't know what you're talking about. Sorry.

Indictment/Arrest of Havard Professor Charles Lieber related to 21 Vials of Coronavirus Bio-Weapon seized at the U.S. Border by U.S. Customs Inctment: Case 1:20-cr-10015-DJC

Edited by Douglas Caddy

17 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Bob, its not the conviction that matters, only the Headline at Indictment.

• 12 Russian Agents Indicted in Mueller Investigation  - NYT - 7/13/18
  • Mueller indicts 12 Russians for DNC hacking as Trump-Putin ...   Politico (Good one Politico, you got "Hacking" into the headline.) 7/13
  • Read Mueller's new indictment against 12 Russian GRU spies  ... Vox 7/13 (oh my God! GRU Spies!)

and on and on for a News Cycle

Nearly two years later, Team Mueller says "never-mind."

verbal_Kint 2020-03-17 170306.jpg

They remain indicted. They Dropped Concord which was essentially looking for discovery to find out what the IC knows.

You and Jeff please read the following underlying motions and get back to me:

Concord filed numerous motions to dismiss, motions for bills of particulars, motions to conduct discovery of prosecutorial decision-making, motions seeking grand jury materials, and motions to compel other discovery. See, e.g., ECF Nos. 11, 36, 46, 78, 93, 104, 181, 229, 241, 251, 256, 257, 264. Concord also received substantial discovery and engaged in extensive litigation aimed at housing that discovery in Russia. See, e.g., ECF Nos. 27, 37, 39, 77, 121, 187. But Concord has failed to protect at least some of that discovery from improper use. See ECF No. 94, at 8-11; Classified Addendum.

Edited by Bob Ness

37 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Indictment/Arrest of Havard Professor Charles Lieber related to 21 Vials of Coronavirus Bio-Weapon seized at the U.S. Border by U.S. Customs Inctment: Case 1:20-cr-10015-DJC

I plowed through that link and failed to find any reference to "vials of coronavirus bio-weapon." So I Googled Charles Lieber and found this:

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/no-link-between-harvard-scientist-charles-lieber-and-coronavirus/

1 minute ago, Ron Ecker said:

I plowed through that link and failed to find any reference to "vials of coronavirus bio-weapon." So I Googled Charles Lieber and found this:

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/no-link-between-harvard-scientist-charles-lieber-and-coronavirus/

In the .pdf are indictment papers for two Chinese illegally smuggling biomaterials out of the US, but I don't see Corona specified.

10 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

In the .pdf are indictment papers for two Chinese illegally smuggling biomaterials out of the US, but I don't see Corona specified.

That makes two of us, which makes me conclude that there is no corona specified.

17 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

Source you cited is dated 2/21. Justice Dept. announcement was today. I suspect what was has revealed today is only the tip of the iceberg with more to come.

1 hour ago, Jeff Carter said:

Hoax? Give me a break. If you work for RT you should disclose it. Did you know for instance that the Mueller Investigation was ordered by Republicans?

How many indictments and convictions were there? Indicted, convicted or plead 34 people and 3 companies including top Trump advisors such as Flynn, Gates, Cohen and Stone. You think that's a failure??? And you think prosecutors should apologize? I just can't imagine the world you're living in when you take a position that all that was a hoax. What "close reading" were you doing Jeff? Helen Keller's?

This is aside from the undisputed FACT that Trump entered into Mutual Defense Agreements with I think 6 convicted felons and a suspected Russian asset and has threatened to hand out pardons for their cooperation. They're all on the same team?

Yikes!

Edited by Bob Ness

1 minute ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Source you cited is dated 2/21. Justice Dept. announcement was today. I suspect what was has revealed today is only the tip of the iceberg with more to come.

I didn't see any Justice Dept. announcement in the link. If there is some kind of coronavirus conspiracy here, then I assume the MSM won't cover it, I'm surprised that DOJ would announce it, and I guess I'm left in the dark.

10 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

That makes two of us, which makes me conclude that there is no corona specified.

About five weeks ago I posted on the forum the FBI's arrest of the Harvard U. professor, his assistant, a woman who is an agent of Chinese Military Intelligence, and a Chinese national who was arrested at the Boston airport as he was about to fly to China carrying 21 vials of bioweapon material.  I think I posted this info in this thread but it is so long now I may not have time to go back and find it. Since the arrests, the case as been gathering steam. The vials were headed towards the lab in China where the coronavirus originated. I short, there have been many deliveries over time from the Harvard prof. to China.