Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

You know a lot Ron.

Am I being manipulated?

I don't know you from Adam, except that you're a Trump supporter, and based on that I can honestly say that I don't understand you.

16 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

I don't know you from Adam, except that you're a Trump supporter, and based on that I can honestly say that I don't understand you.

You don't understand me, a Trump supporter, but Trump supporters are manipulated.

Can you square that?

3 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

You don't understand me, a Trump supporter, but Trump supporters are manipulated.

Can you square that?

I'm not interested in playing word games with you.

On 3/6/2020 at 2:31 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

Nate Silver? The guy who said in 2016 that Donald Trump had a 5% chance of winning the presidency?

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

In November, Silver gave Trump a 29 per cent chance of winning the Electoral College.

I stand corrected. My comment was sloppy in that it didn't give a date for Nate Silver's 5% figure, nor whether the figure was for an electoral or popular win. What Jim writes here is more specific, more relevant, and is correct.

16 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

I'm not interested in playing word games with you.

Then stop making assertions you can't back up.

You have been here since 2004 and have no idea who is being manipulated.

13 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Yes, sir.

34 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

"Stop making assertions you cant back up"????  says Robert Q Wheeler?? You mean like the meeting between your all powerful Godly figure, Donald Trump, the most powerful man to hear you tell it of this century or maybe any,  with his in your words  "sword of Damocles" And George Bush?.

Tell us about the meeting  when  Trump went to George's Bush and said "I now have the documents and I know you   killed JFK"",and your role in Iran Contra and your role in destroying the WTC??? Tell us about the look on GW's face!! This is the moment you've been working so hard for, to have everybody's attention.  Don't let us down, Robert!!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway
3 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

All things considered, weighing on Trump and his diseased mind, I think there's a chance, however slight, that he could go completely berserk before the election and have to be institutionalized. (Unless, of course, his White House lackeys hide him away and hire Alec Baldwin or someone to impersonate him.) If that happens, I guess the Dems will just have to worry about beating Mike Pence, whose main qualification will be he's not crazy.

Ron,

Speaking as a (retired) psychiatrist, I really don't foresee Trump having a psychotic break.  I have studied his history and behavior fairly closely since 2016, (from public documents, videos, etc.) and my diagnostic impression is that he has an extremely narcissistic personality disorder with sociopathic features.  I have also believed (since watching his debates with Hillary Clinton in 2016) that he is using stimulants-- either Adderall and/or cocaine-- and I say this as a physician who prescribed a lot of stimulants in my career, for adults with ADHD, and even published a book on the subject in 2005.*  (This is not an ad-- just a reference about Trump and stimulants.)

If you watch Trump's public speeches at his rallies, (or his 2016 debates) he looks like a 70-something comedian who is high on blow-- extremely confident, aggressive, elated, and quick-witted in his inimitable, baboon-like manner.  He also paces around, at times, and makes strange, frequent snorting noises, as if his nasal sinuses are irritated.

https://www.amazon.com/COBAD-SYNDROME-Suffering-Inherited-Childhood-Onset/dp/1420867016/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=COBAD+Syndrome&qid=1583711874&sr=8-1

Trump has a history of using the government to line his own pockets.  He does not care about the American People. He probably does not pay federal income taxes.  That is why he does not want his tax returns released (and he would have to disclose foreign bank accounts and/or loans ) .  I was reading how  Trump's Secretary of the Treasury (Mnunchin) used the 2008 crisis to acquire wealth..

Mnuchin and his investment partners took over IndyMac after it failed in 2008, with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) covering the bank’s losses on foreclosed single-family, owner-occupied loans. An estimated 35,000 foreclosures took place, with losses estimated at $4.6 billion. The FDIC paid the bank $1.2 billion, leaving the bank to absorb $3.4 billion in losses. Politico reported that Mnuchin still came out ahead after OneWest merged with CIT Bank worth $3.4 billion last year. In that case, Mnuchin took home a $10.9 million payout and left CIT’s board in early December after Trump’s nomination.

Allegations that OneWest preyed on the disadvantaged aren’t new. Advocacy groups previously alleged that OneWest failed to serve and discriminated against minority homeowners. Their complaint said that OneWest’s discriminatory practices began in 2011 at a time when Mnuchin’s investment group owned the bank. They alleged that OneWest made few loans to both African-American and Asian-American borrowers, had only a handful of branches in minority neighborhoods, and allowed properties repossessed in nonwhite neighborhoods to fall into disrepair, the Los Angeles Times reported in November.

30 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Now he's just sad to watch.

But Trump has the "mental" issues.

Big deal... Biden caught stumbling over his words. Compare that to how many times a day Trump tells a lie.

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

In November, Silver gave Trump a 29 per cent chance of winning the Electoral College.

Which was  higher than almost anyone else.  Especially the Ny Times and Huffpost.

In fact, Huffpost wrote a column criticizing Silver about a week before the election for giving him that big of a chance.

Giving Pollsters wrong information is a Republican "thing" in practice. Not all Republican voters of course, just the more actively inclined. I doubt anyone on Free Republic has given a Pollster a correct answer since 1996.

It's not about manipulating the polls to show "R" has more momentum than "D", it has more to do with making the poll useless (so hopefully the MSM will stop pretending polls are "news.")

The idea is to screw up the correlation coefficients so that the predicative models spit out garbage. It is easy with the small sample sizes that are used for extrapolation. Out of a sample of 300, it only takes two or three outliers (ie. White male gun owners making over $150k per year who voted for Romney in 2012 say they will vote for Hillary in 2016) to over amplify the trend when applied to the entire demographic.

I would doubt if more than 50% of actively engaged Republicans (read the news, pay attention to issues, vote at least once every four years) give honest answers. That's a lot.

Polls are so Democrats and the MSM can make themselves feel good up until Election day.