The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

1. I thought we were talking about the Missile Crisis

2. I do not for three seconds think MM was murdered.  I have not finished MCGovern's book, but I maintain by my previous article and research it was accidental.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

BTw, this shows you how badly managed this is.

I call my primary physician about a test.

Her secretary says, either call the county health department or 211.

I call the county health department, and the lady says we don't do them here.

Call your primary doctor, or 211.  

I call 211, number is not working.

Now, if you do not do  testing for anyone who wants it, how do you detect an accurate number of  cases. And if you do not, then are not those undetected cases possibly spreading the virus?

Edited by James DiEugenio
1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

BTw, this shows you how badly managed this is.

I call my primary physician about a test.

Her secretary says, either call the county health department or 211.

I call the county health department, and the lady says we don't do them here.

Call your primary doctor, or 211.  

I call 211, number is not working.

Now, if you do not do  testing for anyone who wants it, how do you detect an accurate number of  cases. And if you do not, then are not those undetected cases possibly spreading the virus?

This is the biggest screw up, thus far, in our national response to the pandemic.

3,800 passengers disembarked from a cruise ship in Miami on March 8th, without screening or quarantine, and flew to destinations throughout North America from Miami International Airport.

One of those passengers has tested positive for Covid-19-- in Canada.

And, in addition to a lack of testing, many doctors and nurses in the U.S. don't even have adequate protection from Covid-19!

https://www.motherjones.com/coronavirus-updates/2020/03/in-private-facebook-groups-doctors-share-their-worst-fears-we-talked-to-one-of-them/

Edited by W. Niederhut

They don't have enough test kits available to test anyone who wants it, let alone those already showing minor symptoms. That is why the emphasis is on "social distancing" (i.e. staying at home), and the temporary shuttering of restaurants/clubs/bars etc. The NHL has told its players and staffs that the suspension of the season will continue for at least 60 days, so that could be taken as an indicator that this social distancing is the new normal for at least a couple of months. Possibly longer.  

On 3/15/2020 at 3:30 PM, Ron Ecker said:

I think "brainwashed" might be the best explanation. I say that because I think Trump supporters get most of their "news" from FoxNews, which has become a Trump propaganda network. (The latest I've heard is that Trish Regan has blamed the coronavirus on the Democrats. Apparently that was too much even for Fox, and Trish is on "hiatus." IOW she'll be back, don't worry.) CNN is accused of a liberal bias, but at least you can get some real news or real-world perspective there as opposed to the Trump idolatry at Fox. Rupert Murdoch should be real proud.

So Trish Regan of Fox News is on hiatus.

Okay, but is she hot?

Edited by Sandy Larsen
Posted (edited)

She gave one of the most truly demented tirades about the virus there ever was.  Made Hannity look like Edward R. Murrow.

She actually screamed it was all a Democratic Party  plot because Schiff failed at impeachment.

I was at the gym and they usually play Fox next to CNN.

Even for Fox that was too much.

Also, you would not recognize her without her make up.  Sort of like the Faith Hill experience.

I think the most common accusation I've heard from Trump supporters is that the Democrats are just full of hatred for Trump. How stupid is that? Who is more full of hatred than Trump himself? He can't get through a day without bullying or insulting somebody. He glories in his hatred in his Trumpberg rally rants. He finds anything he can to hate no matter how trivial, like a South Korean movie winning an Oscar. Oh the Hollywood tragedy! (Then he says something about "Give me Gone with the Wind," a movie he of course loves with its prologue, written on the screen, that glorifies a lost civilization "of Master and Slave.") I think it's natural that people that hateful get hatred in return. It's like his supporters are totally blind to his hatred and see it only in the opposition. Just weird.

Edited by Ron Ecker
On 3/15/2020 at 6:37 PM, Ron Ecker said:

If a Trump supporter hasn't been brainwashed, then his or her support of Trump is even farther beyond my understanding.

The word "delusional" comes to mind.

de-lu-sion-al

adjective

characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

Only a week ago, Trump said this:March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.”

Trumps first appearance on Prime Time about the Virus, you know when his face looked like a piece  of pottery(southwestern motif) and looked completely despondent? That set off a broad sell off in Dow futures that night that culminated in the greatest point loss of all time in the next session.  Then Trump scheduled intentionally a news conference on Friday  where he appeared to rely more on the experts and that spurred a late session rally. Then thinking he could presume on that.He scheduled another late market session conference today where the the market  already  had the worse point loss of all time and his conference further pushed the market to finish at the lows. .

Trish Regan, I suppose she would be hot Sandy, if you like that TV series "Dallas" look. She was an underling doing little business stories at CNBC. No "big hair" look at the time.. Then years later i see she's a talking head at Fox? Another completely overblown  business reporter who defected to Fox was Maria Bartiromo.

Yeah Looking forward to that JFK/MM dog poo Jim!  heh heh!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway
22 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

I think the most common accusation I've heard from Trump supporters is that the Democrats are just full of hatred for Trump. How stupid is that? Who is more full of hatred than Trump himself? He can't get through a day without bullying or insulting somebody. He glories in his hatred in his Trumpberg rally rants. He finds anything he can to hate no matter how trivial, like a South Korean movie winning an Oscar. Oh the Hollywood tragedy! (Then he says something about "Give me Gone with the Wind," a movie he of course loves with its prologue, written on the screen, that glorifies a lost civilization "of Master and Slave.") I think it's natural that people that hateful get hatred in return. It's like his supporters are totally blind to his hatred and see it only in the opposition. Just weird.

That's exactly right Ron. There's no real thinking or ideology behind it, it's just sticking it to those "liberals". To them,  It's purely a culture war. And they're parroting out Trump. .And they want to think we're as impassioned as them. When the left acts  "morally enraged" about Trump, that's just music to their ears. It's best to make your arguments cool and fact based.

44 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Just an effing nightmare that shows how income and security are easily toppled illusions under capitalism.  It means that the employment system was in need of repair for decades, and has only continued on mass delusion.

Posted (edited)

Bernie was harping on this during the debate.

He was right.

Bernie probably will not win, but I think he has pulled Biden a little left.  Not much, but a little.