The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

Some dude just suffered a seizure during Roger Stone's trial. That sounds familiar.

Yes, and after endless delays, the notorious CREEPster Roger Stone suffered from a bout of "food poisoning" today.

Will he experience a debilitating case of phlebitis next, like his hero Dick Nixon?

W. Niederhut said: 

Indeed, the Bush clan are Connecticut Yankee blue bloods with deep roots in the New England W.A.S.P. establishment, Wall Street, and, of course, the CIA.

Growing up in Fairfield, CT, with extended family with ancestors on the Mayflower, graduates of Yale, and with deep roots in the New England WASP establishment, I can confirm that they and their friends heartily disliked the Kennedys and considered them to be vulgar and neuveau riche.  

1 hour ago, Pamela Brown said:

W. Niederhut said: 

Indeed, the Bush clan are Connecticut Yankee blue bloods with deep roots in the New England W.A.S.P. establishment, Wall Street, and, of course, the CIA.

Growing up in Fairfield, CT, with extended family with ancestors on the Mayflower, graduates of Yale, and with deep roots in the New England WASP establishment, I can confirm that they and their friends heartily disliked the Kennedys and considered them to be vulgar and neuveau riche.  

That New England caste system was also the subject of Harvard classicist Erich Segal's 1970 best selling novel, Love Story, and the film, starring Ryan O'Neal and Ali McGraw (though not entirely analogous to the Kennedy case, in that the Roman Catholic Italian girl in Love Story was from the working class.)

1 hour ago, Pamela Brown said:

W. Niederhut said: 

JMHO, maybe one of the most prescient things ever said on the forum.  The Kennedy's were neuveau riche and JFK's power was despised by the true powers that be.

3 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

W. Niederhut said: 

So funny because I've always suspected a little dollup in the ol' Bush gene pool. Missing a brick or two off the pallet so to speak. Not the sort of people who give rise to feelings of inferiority on my part.

Yes, Mark Zaid called it right. It started in January 2017 right after Trump being sworn in as president before a rather small crowd. It began with hundreds of thousands of women flooding the streets of the capital to protest Trump being declared president when he got three and a half million less votes than Hillary. Indeed the coup's publicized crusade has never faltered. The end of the Trump era is now within sight with the results of the elections yesterday around the country. Delaware County that includes Philadelphia elected the full slate of Democratic County Commissioners  ending the Republicans control of the county government that began at the end of the Civil War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Women's_March

On 11/5/2019 at 7:04 PM, Pamela Brown said:

W. Niederhut said: 

If the Mayflower descendant New England WASP Bush/Pierce bloodline considered the Kennedy's "vulgar" and  neuveau rich, one can wonder what they think of the initial cheap housing, tax cheating and unsavory perhaps even money laundering character associating wealth acquiring Trump clan and especially the constantly cursing and bragging Donald Trump?

By far the crudest, most vulger, amoral and insecurely self-promoting and self-obsessed President this country has ever seen or heard! *

And one of the least intellectual ( GW wasn't real bright either but he didn't talk like a threatening street thug ) and who personally directed his dark trademark junior high school bully taunts and insults at Jeb Bush himself on 2016 primary national TV ..."you're weak Jeb"... WEAK!    Maybe your mother should be running?

Educated, well read, high plane witty Kennedy versus low brow WWF cursing, trash talking and personally insulting Trump?      HA!

Profiles In Courage JFK versus draft dodging "Pu$$y Grabbing" bragging Trump?

The ultimate "classy versus crude" comparison analogy.

We have our own on stage crazy hyperbole yelling Hulk Hogan in the White House now.

With an accompanying almost daily twitter and/or staged rally insult circus.

It's all a national and even international disgrace and an embarrassment to us all.

And very unfortunately this no respectful proprietaries boundaries president's election reflects the mentality, character and values of half our citizens.

A very sad and even tragic fact.

What say the elitist Bushs about the Kennedys now ... after Trump?

* End note.

LBJ was as vulgar, crude and amoral, but he at least kept this side of him in a private realm versus the public one.

Edited by Joe Bauer

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

If the Mayflower descendant New England WASP Bush/Pierce bloodline considered the Kennedy's "vulgar" and  neuveau rich, one can wonder what they think of the initial cheap housing, tax cheating and unsavory perhaps even money laundering character associating wealth acquiring Trump clan and especially the constantly cursing and bragging Donald Trump?

By far the crudest, most vulger, amoral and insecurely self-promoting and self-obsessed President this country has ever seen or heard! *

And one of the least intellectual ( GW wasn't real bright either but he didn't talk like a threatening street thug ) and who personally directed his dark trademark junior high school bully taunts and insults at Jeb Bush himself on 2016 primary national TV ..."you're weak Jeb"... WEAK!    Maybe your mother should be running?

Educated, well read, high plane witty Kennedy versus low brow WWF cursing, trash talking and personally insulting Trump?      HA!

Profiles In Courage JFK versus draft dodging "Pu$$y Grabbing" bragging Trump?

The ultimate "classy versus crude" comparison analogy.

The Neanderthal regression comparison is clear here.

We have our own on stage crazy hyperbole yelling Hulk Hogan in the White House now.

With an accompanying almost daily twitter and/or staged rally insult circus.

It's all a national and even international disgrace and an embarrassment to us all.

And very unfortunately this no respectful proprietaries boundaries president's election reflects the mentality, character and values of half our citizens.

A very sad and even tragic fact.

What say the elitist Bush's about the Kennedy's now ... after Trump?

* End note.

LBJ was as vulgar, crude and amoral, but he at least kept this side of him in private realm versus the public one.

Edited by Kenneth Drew

Robert:

I think most, if not all, missed the point of the Zaid tweet in relation to my article.  Either that, or they wish to deliberately ignore the implication. 

As I was at pains to show, almost immediately after graduating from a law school that was not exactly as distinguished as Yale, Zaid began to take a rather large part in the JFK community at the rather crucial time of the creation of the ARRB and the beginning of the reaction by the MSM to the furor created by Stone's film. Yet the problem I saw with Zaid was that with almost every article he wrote in Third Decade, with almost every appearance he made at a conference, he tried to sow the seeds of doubt about whether or not our side was right.  In fact, he actually conferred with Posner about certain evidentiary points.  A move that was beyond my field of understanding.

But right after this, after the MSM began to promote Posner's book as the be all and end all of any questions about the Kennedy case, he then sprang up in Washington as part of a large international law firm.  And he begins to work these high level national security cases.  He had just graduated from a place called Albany Law School of Union University.

Zaid then plays a rather questionable role in high profile cases like the Sterling and Kiriakou cases.  Although, IMO, they seem to show him siding with the CIA at the expense of the defendants. Again, that was ignored by virtually everyone.  BTW, he was also involved in the case against Libya over the Lockerbie bombing.  Which today, almost everyone who examined the case thinks he was wrong; it was not Libya that did it. But that lawsuit was part of the crusade that villified Gaddafi. And we know how that ended up don't we. Another issue everyone wishes to ignore.

So now, as many people have written, like Mr. Wheeler, there appears to be a movement to dethrone Trump, which began with the Steele Dossier--which was circulated before he was even elected.  The fact that it was so unsubstantiated Mueller could not use it--what with its golden showers and Trump was being cultivated as a Russian agent back in 1987--that is also ignored.  As are the FBI circles that were around George P and Mr. Flynn.  As is the fact that these guys wanted to use the 25th amendment to remove Trump from office.

And now we have the same Mr. Zaid saying in January of 2017--please note that date, Trump had been in the White House for 11 days--that the "coup has started."  He then adds that impeachment will follow and that CNN will play a strong role in it.  In other words, Zaid somehow could not find any reason for there being an overthrow in the JFK case, but he was with the likes of McCabe and the FBI guys in removing Trump before he even took office.

As I have said, I really did not like Nixon.  I thought he was a criminal from way back.  But I also did not like the fact that America was played like an accordion by the Bradlee/Woodward/Helms/McCord stealth plot that eventually won out.  And it won out because the MSM refused to countenance all the indications of that plot  as it occurred.  Everyone who is concerned about the encroachment of a so called shadow government, should not let that happen again.

Now, Mr. Van Ness will say: geez Jim, I like your posts.  But who the heck cares.  I like Jake Tapper and CNN more. Thus ignoring what Zaid predicted would happen. And what he did in 1993.

Go back to sleep you Lucky Pierre. Wait for Jim Hougan to write his book on this 10 years from now.

Edited by James DiEugenio

6 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Robert: Like Trump,  you chose to deflect discussion of the issue presented and instead raise a totally unrelated one. It no longer works for Trump and doesn't work for you.

Amen.

Donald Trump is a crass, bigoted, poorly educated, sociopathic salesman who is so narcissistic that he craps in a gold toilet -- "a racist, a con man, and a cheat," in the words of his own former personal attorney and fixer, Michael Cohen.

It's way past time for Trump's  delusional (and/or dishonest) enablers to end the farce and stop colluding with Trump's endless bald-faced lies, false narratives, "conspiracy theories," and ad hominem attacks on his many victims and witnesses.

Trump never takes an iota of responsibility for his many mistakes and his life of crime.  It's a YUGE character flaw that originated in his sociopathic childhood.

As for Trump's decades-long involvement with the Russian mafia, Felix Sater, (and with Putin's billionaire oligarchs) it has been well-documented by Russ Baker and others in recent years.

And the Steele Dossier has been largely verified, after being completely suppressed by the FBI, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and the U.S. mainstream media prior to the 2016 election.

WN:

If the Steele Dossier has been "largely verified" . can you explain to my why Mueller did not use it?

Secondly, how can you possibly say that pile whatever was "completely suppressed"?  I mean you really did not know any of the following?

Steele shopped the report around but it was David Kramer – an expert on Russian affairs and long-time aide to Sen. John McCain – who spread the anti-Trump dossier all over Washington and leaked it to the media, including CNN, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, NPR and BuzzFeed.

We know that from Kramer’s own testimony in a libel suit that was recently made public. Apparently Kramer showed the document to BuzzFeed reporter Ken Bensinger. Claiming he was a slow reader Benzinger asked to take pictures of the dossier. Kramer says he asked him not to, but then left the room for 20-30 minutes.

Kramer also claims he was “shocked” when BuzzFeed later published the entire dossier.

You just can’t make this stuff up.

McCain also gave the dossier to James Comey, but the FBI Director had previously received it directly from the Clinton campaign and Steele. That led directly to the FBI’s investigation into Trump’s ties to Russia, including FISA warrants and wire taps of Trump’s associates — this was all under the Obama Administration, mind you — and ultimately special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe.

Edited by James DiEugenio