The Education Forum

John Newman posting on Facebook today

[Posting on Facebook today by John Newman. Be sure to scroll up and down to see full posting.]

One month to go before the CAPA event in Dallas. My presentation will be on Saturday, 23 November: “Turning Antonio Veciana’s Misdirection into a Roadmap.” I only have one hour. I suggest familiarizing yourself with Chapters Three and (especially) Eleven in Volume III (“Into the Storm”) if your intent is to gain the most from the new material—which will be from my forthcoming Volume IV (“Armageddon”). The attached four slides are the only preview I will post prior to the event. When viewing them, those knowledgeable about the case might ask: What does it matter to the assassination of President Kennedy who Veciana was working for in late August-early September 1963?

Image may contain: text
Edited by Douglas Caddy

The answer to all of Newman's questions is, of course, the Army. Some might argue about what agency could predict Alpha 66/SNFE operations though, as the FBI also had some very good informants inside those organizations-Godoy of the MRP being one. Why does it matter who Veciana worked for? One reason is that if he really was working for ("with" might be a better way to put it) the Army and not the CIA as he now maintains, what else has he lied about?

What we do know for certain is that the CIA had an informant close to people inside Alpha 66,  he was the fellow who has initially provided the Tejana for CIA  infiltration operations.  Years ago I wrote about a document in which Morales expressed the irony that the CIA was being provided advance info on Alpha 66 missions via him as an asset - and was doing nothing to interdict the missions. Alpha 66 was providing information if not mission plans to the Army in exchange for some supplies, that's in the documents. The CIA knew about missions in advance through their own source. As far as bases, I would imagine both Army and CIA had information from where Alpha 66 was launching its missions. What we do know for sure is that overall Alpha 66 did not trust CIA at all while they were willing to be more open to the Army, especially circa 1962.   However in 1963 when Army personnel in the Special Group proposed using Alpha 66 operationally, the CIA opposed doing so on the grounds that they could not be controlled. 

I have no idea what John may have that's new, all the above is from the 2010 version of SWHT and from NEXUS - the source documents are cited there.

John has posted additional comments in the FB thread. He also noted that the next book in the series was originally scheduled for 2021 due to the amount of new material he feels he’s dug up, but might get out earlier as progress on the book is ahead of schedule.

Edited by Anthony Thorne

John Newman posted these comments following his original Facebook post:

John Newman: But Trained To Kill came out 20 years after Fabian Escalante saw the problem. However, Fabian changed the chronology but not the paradigm. No worries anymore. A hard rain is underway now. We have to completely rethink where the galactic center of this case has been all of this time. And the orchards we are walking in are full of low hanging fruit everywhere we look.

John Newman: Army is the answer to all of the questions. Veciana's Trained to Kill, however, tells a completely fictional story.....

Doug Campbell replied: The Ghosts Of Army Intelligence ". They're everywhere with this thing. Just out of focus...

• John Newman And while we're using that metaphor, I would add that Veciana has turned the ghostly Angletonion CIA "willing handmaiden" into the ghastly "Grim Reaper
    •  

41 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

John Newman: Army is the answer to all of the questions. Veciana's Trained to Kill, however, tells a completely fictional story.....

Newman is correct. The more one looks at Trained to Kill, the more you realize it is virtually a fictional account. For starters, you have two accounts of the alleged meeting between Veciana and Bishop in Havana-the original 1960 account and the newly minted 1959 account. Both are now shown by Newman to be false and could not occurred as stated. The new 1959 account is extremely laugh worthy with all of its James Bond-like claims. Veciana also takes credit for the Pedro Pan exodus which thee is no evidence that he did anything to cause. That was possibly orchestrated by the CIA (who Veciana was not working for) and the Catholic Church.

He also claims that he was responsible for the El Encanto firebombing. In addition to the fact that he has no evidence for this and another individual was convicted, there is the fact that Veciana was an organizer and finance man-not an action man. Even in the 1961 assassination attempt against Castro that he was involved in, Reinol Gonzales described him as the organizer of the plot. Much more material there to work with.