The Education Forum

Oliver Stone and Judyth Baker

He also believed Beverly Oliver, I'm a bit of a skeptic on that one.

For what it's worth.

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/oliver-stone-who-killed-john-f-kennedy

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am posting this article shortly after midnight but will comment later today on its significance to this thread when I am more awake.

Historians Find Another Spy in the U.S. Atomic Bomb Project

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/historians-find-another-spy-in-the-us-atomic-bomb-project/ar-BBXcVER?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE07DHP

Oliver spoke a few hours back at CAPA. He mentioned something about the "aggression in the Ukraine," which sounded like he was denouncing Russian aggression in the Ukraine, but I'm pretty sure meant the opposite...like those darned Ukrainians. 

Cyril Wecht is of course the leading light of CAPA. And he spoke at the Judyth conference... So...it appears there's an informal peace treaty between the two conferences. I think most are so burned out by the division within the country, that the division within the research community just seems stupid. As Oliver pointed out, we pretty much all believe JFK was killed because he wanted to build a better world. So why argue about the shot sequence? Why does that matter? 

As far as Judyth getting into his new series...it seems doubtful. Oliver said Jim D was writing the series, and I'm fairly certain Jim is not a fan. 

22 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Oliver Stone and Judyth Baker within the hour in Dallas at the Doubletree Hotel as photographed by Peter Battani, one of my Facebook friends..

When they were done talking, Stone got this beautiful grin on his face, put his arms around Judyth warmly said to her, "I believe you."

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and indoor

There is only one source for the "I believe you" quote which is Peter Battani

Is there anyone else who can confirm this? Or is there any video?

Oh and O.S. did a 20 minute talk in the evening at CAPA, and was surrounded afterwards and left for the JVB Conf again.

Edited by Bart Kamp

A good omen is that Stone bought the rights to Marita Lorenz's story, but he never filmed it.

28 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Perhaps Oliver Stone was simply being kind to Ms. Baker.  Can't fault him for that.

Maybe he said something like "I believe you in your own mind." (Ever said that to a patient?)

I was watching the JVB Conference YouTube feed live when Stone came in and interrupted Christopher Fulton's talk. Stone hugged JVB and said~quote ~"You're a great lady with a great mind."
~ Complimented her on doing a good job "running these conferences ", and told her he couldn't stay, he had to speak at "the other thing", and told her "there will be other times, I can be with you."

As relayed to me by Doug Campbell of the Dallas Action Podcast 

Suggestion for a movie.  Stone can do the 3 women (Marina, Marita, and Judith) in Oswald's life and can title it They Knew Lee Harvey Oswald's Secrets.

I would be willing to go see it.

Edited by John Butler

Just guessing that Stone's bigger goal is to avoid the division that typically wastes so much energy among researchers. If a blurb from him appears on the back of Trine Day's next Baker book (they haven't announced one but I'm sure she'll do another one) then I'll start shaking my head. But keeping good relations with Baker means he can communicate to everyone watching or attending her conference. And it's good he's back pushing the subject again so I don't want to knock.

6 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Maybe he said something like "I believe you in your own mind." (Ever said that to a patient?)

I've never said that to a patient, Ron, but I will say this.

Confronting people about their delusions is an endless, glamorless, thankless job that doesn't necessarily have to be done.

Sometimes it's better to let rabid, sleeping dogs lie.

3 hours ago, John Butler said:

Suggestion for a movie.  Stone can do the 3 women (Marina, Marita, and Judith) in Oswald's life and can title it They Knew Lee Harvey Oswald's Secrets.

I would be willing to go see it.

Working title: Oswald's Women.

I hate to say it, but there is something like cinematic potential in Baker's Me and Lee - especially that Cancun holiday, with Lee and Judy rolling in the surf like Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr.  But the cancer angle is a potential buzzkill.

Note who gets the superior pronoun in Baker's book title.  It says a lot, and that ordering would never fly at a major publishing house, where it would come out as Lee and Me.

Edited by David Andrews

I like the title: Oswald's women. 

"But the cancer angle is a potential buzzkill."

I don't know about this.  I am an old guy with many visits with medical people in recent years.  When I mention the book, Dr. Mary's Monkey, the medical people invariably sit up, so to speak, pay attention and start nodding their heads. 

Potential cancer from polio vaccines given long ago is something they knew about.  To me this is one of the great conspiracies of the 20th Century.  There are lots of medical secrets that Doctors, etc. keep secret from the public.  Just read up on the drugs they prescribe and the procedures they advocate such as colonoscopies.

The only problem I find with Judith Baker is there are no photos of Oswald and her.  Oswald was a camera guy and always taking pictures.

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

I like the title: Oswald's women. 

"But the cancer angle is a potential buzzkill."

I don't know about this.  I am an old guy with many visits with medical people in recent years.  When I mention the book, Dr. Mary's Monkey, the medical people invariably sit up, so to speak, pay attention and start nodding their heads. 

Potential cancer from polio vaccines given long ago is something they knew about.  To me this is one of the great conspiracies of the 20th Century.  There are lots of medical secrets that Doctors, etc. keep secret from the public.  Just read up on the drugs they prescribe and the procedures they advocate such as colonoscopies.

The only problem I find with Judith Baker is there are no photos of Oswald and her.  Oswald was a camera guy and always taking pictures.

'When I mention the book, DR. Mary's Monkey, the medical people invariably sit up, so to speak, pay attention and start nodding their heads."  Do they  gather in a circle to do this and start chanting?