The Education Forum

Oliver Stone and Judyth Baker

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean this  Jim?

http://doctormarysmonkey.com/jvb/pages/Witnesses to Anna Lewis interview.htm

Martin Shackleford has the audacity to debate people on FB and accuse them of making things up. I blocked that tw*t ages ago already and sometimes I get news from others and it is never positive. This is someone that ought to be avoided at all costs.

I am just so surprised and let down that Oliver Stone has 'aligned' with her. The whole 'I believe you' farce is just too much to stomach in all honesty, I'd expect that people like Stone would do their homework a bit better.

Edited by Bart Kamp

Shackleford is a historian?  Really?

They met Marcello at the 500 club?  How, why?

They asked Debra to film this and she came away not buying the whole thing. Platzman wanted her to publish a book at the time.  Conway refused. 

Platzman sent me that manuscript back then also.  I think he wanted me to excerpt it in Probe.  I had the same reaction as Debra.

Judyth posted the following on Facebook today:

Had been blocked from posting for days, so sorry, my friends! Three hours spent with Oliver Stone, much to say about that! He has finally read ME & LEE!!!!!!! 2764.png<3 Here with Oliver Stone, Ed Haslam and Edgar Tatro.

Image may contain: 4 people, including Judyth Baker, people smiling, people standing

Oliver Stone is quickly losing credibility in my eyes.  He should check out my blog -- findingjudyth.blogspot.com...

Or he could also read Walt's book, linked just above by Larry- if he hasn't already. That said, I don't think this hurts Stone's credibility that much. If he spends a heap of time down the track pushing Baker's book to the same extent that he pushed JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE, maybe it would somewhat. But I'm not expecting that to happen, no matter how many pictures he poses for this week. I'm still looking forward to the series, obviously.

HSCA testimony of Loran Hall, 180-10118-1025, pp. 2-139 -- 2-140:

Hall on JFK assassination plans: "I even had some kook who was going to devise -- he was a medical student and he was going to have -- oh, Christ, a culture, but it was all bullxxxx."

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=60423#relPageId=142&tab=page

Edited by David Andrews

I've ignored her story as preposterous from what I've read of it.  I have to ask what has been asked of others from Files to Burroughs.  Why did she wait so long to go public with it?  After Marina had recanted, somewhat.  Her book was published in 2010, was it in anticipation of the 50th? in 2013?   Was she created to create a distraction?  Who supported her story before Fetzer?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=judy+in+disguise&form=PRUSEN&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&refig=881ef3a67c52486fa8083ac248b11186&sp=1&ghc=1&qs=AS&pq=judy+in+&sk=PRES1&sc=8-8&cvid=881ef3a67c52486fa8083ac248b11186

Edited by Ron Bulman

@D. Josephs: @Anna Lewis Interview ... "1962" ..."1963" ... that we call a lapse ... you can't disprove anything because of a lapse ... cheap to do so, isn't it? Fact is: There are hundreds of rebuttals regarding HARVEY AND LEE or RECLAIMING HISTRORY, and not a single one (except some, dealing with minor errors,  but errare humanum est)  regarding ME AND LEE out there in the www.  You know, why? JVB was in NOLA in the summer of 63 ... and her critics were not. 

BTW: When you dump JVB you dump Haslam too. They are in the same boat. 

KK

Edited by Karl Kinaski

9 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

I would counter Shackleford with this recent work by Walt Brown....anyone championing Judyth and her story should give it a read.

https://www.amazon.com/Judyth-Vary-Baker-Edited-Commentary-ebook/dp/B07RH9FXBG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=In+her+own+words+Walt+Brown&qid=1574885601&s=books&sr=1-1

I have the Walt Brown book. It is a complete and IMO deliberate distortion of JVB's complex account ... 

KK

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I've ignored her story as preposterous from what I've read of it.   

@Ron Bulman. You are right. To ignore her, is the only way to get around her ...  🙂 

Edited by Karl Kinaski

On 11/27/2019 at 7:42 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Debra Conway says this was even worse than that.

I think this was when that goof Platzman was promoting her.  Debra said it  was pretty clear that it was scripted, and every once in awhile Anna lost her lines.

The whole thing is that Baker had nothing to corroborate her story at first.  But her so-called Team at that time, I think it was Shackleford and Platzman and one other person, went out and tried to find something--anything. So this embarrassment was one of the results.

If I recall, this was before Haslam changed his mind about her.  Carol Hewett was surprised that he did that.  Carol, a good lawyer, worked on her case for Sixth Minutes. She recommended against it.  But then somehow, some way, Haslam changed his mind on her.

Back in 2000 Shakelford, Platzman, Conway and Baker were close. Since Conway and Lifton had a book project called FINAL CHARADE, and Lifton was a early Judyth hater, Conway was in a fix. She sided with Lifton, but they never published their book FINAL CHARADE  while Judyth published her book, despite all the obstacles a bunch of Judyth haters throw her in the way ... 

Platzman-Shakelford-Conway-Anna-Lewis-Ju

NOLA January 2000. Platzman, JVB, Conway, Shakelford, Anna Lewis in 2000 ... 

Quote from  -- that -- side: 

In early January 2000, Debra Conway (owner and co-founder of JFK Lancer) volunteered to video-tape Anna Lewis in New Orleans. In the videotape, Anna said that she and her husband David Lewis had socialized frequently with Judy Baker and Lee Oswald in New Orleans in the Summer of 1963, including a visit to The Five Hundred Club, where they met with Carlos Marcello. Anna stressed that she thought Judy and Lee were lovers at that time.  Anna's filmed testimony was witnessed by Anna's daughter Sondra, Dr. Joseph Riehl, Dr. Howard Platzman, historian Martin Shackelford, Judyth Baker, and Debra Conway who asked Anna questions as she filmed her. 

Close quote

Edited by Karl Kinaski

I think I can safely say from personal knowledge that Debra was interested in Judyth early on and did a good bit inquiry into her story - (as did Mary Ferrell herself) until Judyth's factual issues began to become clear to both of them.  But that can be said of many of the early interested parties - many of them women - who showed support until they learned better.  Many of them have gone on record as to that experience, as has Pamela here.  Its just a matter of listening to the details they offer as to how Judyth operates.  On the other hand Judyth's fans will never be dissuaded.  And sadly that has come to include Hasslam and now apparently Stone.

Its not the first time fandom has become a problem for serious research, probably won't be the last.

On 11/24/2019 at 5:19 PM, Anthony Thorne said:

Just guessing that Stone's bigger goal is to avoid the division that typically wastes so much energy among researchers. If a blurb from him appears on the back of Trine Day's next Baker book (they haven't announced one but I'm sure she'll do another one) then I'll start shaking my head. But keeping good relations with Baker means he can communicate to everyone watching or attending her conference. And it's good he's back pushing the subject again so I don't want to knock.

I read JVB's first book and thought that it was ridiculous. But just as ridiculous was the big battle at DPF over her book. Over 500 posts. Some posters stopped posting on this thread out of frustration.  There is too much division among researchers over issues and perhaps Oliver Stone is trying to not involve himself in these fights and focus on unity instead. He also had good things to say about Michelle Metta's work on CMC. My book review about his work was mixed but I would not begrudge him for supporting his work because we need more research and less in-fighting.

Edited by John Kowalski