The Education Forum

shadows on the steps

Pat Speer

Bart:

I hope you can agree that we are much farther in the understanding of Prayer Man's location  than saying that Prayer Man was on steps (and not in the corner of the top landing). However, Sean showed a very good feel for the geometry and was able to exclude the corner location outright.

Edited by Andrej Stancak

On 12/5/2019 at 12:23 AM, Ray Mitcham said:

Pat, I think you are mistaking the brick buttress at the West side for the rail.  The depth of 11 " is for the depth of the buttress, not the rail. If we want to be picky,  the sketch is incorrect as the stone base of the west column projects further out than the brick buttress.

Here is another photo taken on the 23rd, a few minutes before 12:30, if I recall. Apparently they've re-done the front steps. Because as they currently exist there is no buttress or rail cutting into the steps from the side. 

Edited by Pat Speer

18 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

Thanks to Gary Murr.

TSBD-exterior-entrance-overhead-Dec.-4-1

I take it the glass door swung both ways. 

I don't have a problem with Oswald as Prayer Man, I just wonder if there were other ways he could have watched the P. Parade?

Could he have opened the front door inward and stood in the doorway for the duration of the shooting?  All eyes on the parade, no one notices him and then he ducks back in?