The Education Forum

Mysterious Watergate Deaths?"

Tim Gratz

Were there mysterious deaths of individuals involved in the Watergate case, or the investigation therof?

Please see Post 107 in Tim Carroll's Online Seminar "The Whole Bay of Pigs Thing."

_________________________--

---Can't someone just write a simple sentence without the reader having to go look at "post 107" or whatever number you are referring to?

Yes there were deaths. Do you say there were not???

What and who are you referring to?

thanks,

Dawn

Watergate was not particularly murderous. CIA OS John Paisley died mysteiously, a sort of conduit for all sorts of domestic ops, he knew about the burglars, the Sheraton prostitution extortion effort, and had many irons in the fire. The major players all lived normal lives, Haldeman, Ehrlichman, Mitchell, Liddy, Hunt, Dean, Nixon and Agnew, no mystrious deaths at that level, Woodward and Bernstein, Sam Dash, Richard Ben Veniste, Fred LaRue died recently (great obittuary) but I don't see a lot of murders tied to Watergate, unless you mean William Colby... Tony Ulasciewitz, Egil Krogh, David Young, the Cubans, who got murdered?

I don't see it

According to Dean, Liddy volunteered to be murdered on a street corner. Unless your name was Dorothy Hunt, it looks like you couldn't get murdered over Watergate even if you wanted to.

Ron

Dorothy Hunt's tragic death is an anomaly and leads to some very interesting angles on the Watergate era, but there is not much evidence of murder.

However, the just imagine the moment Howard Hunt collected the $10,000 cash satchel from the Chicago authorities, that had been with his late wife when the plane went down, the satchel of Nixon White House hush money, that Nixon comments about on tape. That money of Dorothy Hunt's played a major role in Nixon's impeachment.

Any other watergate murders?

The plane crash in which Dorothy Hunt died is covered in detail in chapter 7 of the Yankee and Cowboy War by Charles Oglesby. It leaves little doubt that the plane was sabotaged. If anyone has refuted the evidence presented by Oglesby, I'd like to see it.

The chapter also opens with an interesting quote from former Nixon White House aide Charles Colson (Time, July 8, 1974): "I don't say this to my people. They'd think I'm nuts. I think the CIA killed Dorothy Hunt."

The plane crash in which Dorothy Hunt died is covered in detail in chapter 7 of the Yankee and Cowboy War by Charles Oglesby. It leaves little doubt that the plane was sabotaged. If anyone has refuted the evidence presented by Oglesby, I'd like to see it.

The chapter also opens with an interesting quote from former Nixon White House aide Charles Colson (Time, July 8, 1974): "I don't say this to my people. They'd think I'm nuts. I think the CIA killed Dorothy Hunt."

Thanks Ron, I was going to say "besides Dorothy Hunt, Michelle Clark and others on the Watergate plane crash, 12/8/72., " who else are you inquiring about???

Carl's brilliant book-Yankee Cowboy war Conspiricies from Dallas to Watergate- (76) is hard to get these days (we are working on a way to try to get it republished? Any ideas anyone????)

Sherman Skolnick first detailed the evidence of this plane's sabatoge and I believe you can find it online.

I figured it out just by reading the paper!!! (post 12/8/72)

Then I discovered Skolnick's work in early 73, then I met Carl in spring 73 and have been very close pals ever since.

Carl broke a lot of stories in Yankee Cowboy, including the Gahlen org.

His book is must reading, and Tim Carroll is the logical person to update this massive work. (IMHO)

Dawn

Were there mysterious deaths of individuals involved in the Watergate case, or the investigation therof?

Please see Post 107 in Tim Carroll's Online Seminar "The Whole Bay of Pigs Thing."

---Can't someone just write a simple sentence without the reader having to go look at "post 107" or whatever number you are referring to?

Dawn

Dawn:

I have encouraged people to post on my seminar; and I believe that part of John Simkin's goal with the seminars was to assemble diverse information in a more methodical manner. So rather than check post 107 or post 111, the logical way to build upon information is for subjects such as the Dallas-Watergate connections to build upon each other, rather than be posted willy-nilly on numerous threads that remove focus and development.

I agree wholeheartedly that Carl Oglesby's book, The Yankee and Cowboy War, is the single most succinct yet inclusive bit of history I could recommend to anyone on these historical links. But I do maintain that "Mysterious Watergate Deaths" relate directly to the organized compiling of historical data which I believe John Simkin envisioned with the seminars. I have posted a couple of new seminars, with John's permission, and I believe he mentioned that he would try to bring back the availability of the seminars into the debate forum.

Tim Carroll

According to Dean, Liddy volunteered to be murdered on a street corner. Unless your name was Dorothy Hunt, it looks like you couldn't get murdered over Watergate even if you wanted to.

Ron

Some people state that the G-Man had also voluntereed to kill Jack Anderson.

But see my Post 116 under the "Whole Bay of Pigs" seminar.

Yes there were deaths. Do you say there were not???

What and who are you referring to?

thanks,

Dawn

Possibly (underscore "possibly") Lou Russell and John Leon. See my post 116 on the "Whole Bay of Pigs" scenario.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Dorothy Hunt's tragic death is an anomaly and leads to some very interesting angles on the Watergate era, but there is not much evidence of murder.

However, the just imagine the moment Howard Hunt collected the $10,000 cash satchel from the Chicago authorities, that had been with his late wife when the plane went down, the satchel of Nixon White House hush money, that Nixon comments about on tape.  That money of Dorothy Hunt's played a major role in Nixon's impeachment.

Probably not, but see my Post 116 under the "Whole Bay of Pigs" seminar regarding the deaths of Lou Russell and John Leon.

Edited by Tim Gratz

However, the just imagine the moment Howard Hunt collected the $10,000 cash satchel from the Chicago authorities, that had been with his late wife when the plane went down, the satchel of Nixon White House hush money, that Nixon comments about on tape.  That money of Dorothy Hunt's played a major role in Nixon's impeachment.

Probably not, but see my Post 116 under the "Whole Bay of Pigs" seminar regarding the deaths of John Russell and John Leon.

_______________________________---

So long folks,

I have just a few days off for Christmas and I plan to play music.

Then back to my busy law practice.

It was fooolish of me to have posted today.

Sorry I am not as organized as are people who can just do this all day, but for those of us with complicated lives, I don't have the time for this foolishness. Or to look up #107 or what ever. All the F###### trivial debates, on and on....

I made a comment, now I wish I had not taken the time.

Merry Christmas to all, now I am going back to my prior way of Jfk research.

Several close friends-( in the jfk research community)- of late have warned me against forums such as this. I listened, but foolishly, came back today.

"Won't get fooled again"

Dawn

Dawn

Sorry I am not as organized as are people who can just do this all day, but for those of us with  complicated lives,  I don't have the time for this foolishness. Or to look up #107 or what ever.  All the F###### trivial debates, on and on....

Dawn

Dawn:

I personally appreciate the suggestion "to look up #107 or whatever" on an organized seminar, as that is how this process will actually move forward, rather than just remaining a jumbled set of disconnected comments. How better to improve upon what you complain to be, "All the F###### trivial debates, on and on...."?

Tim Carroll

Sorry I am not as organized as are people who can just do this all day, but for those of us with  complicated lives,  I don't have the time for this foolishness. Or to look up #107 or what ever.  All the F###### trivial debates, on and on....

Dawn

Dawn:

I personally appreciate the suggestion "to look up #107 or whatever" on an organized seminar, as that is how this process will actually move forward, rather than just remaining a jumbled set of disconnected comments. How better to improve upon what you complain to be, "All the F###### trivial debates, on and on...."?

Tim Carroll

Tim, I of course did this to direct Forum members to your seminar where the issues of the Hunt crash and the suspicious deaths (timing wise, anyway) of Russell and Leon properly belong.