The Education Forum

CIA agent at Parkland Hospital 11/22/63

18 H 795: Secret Service agent Andy Berger---writes in his SS report that "AN UNIDENTIFIED CIA AGENT" who had "CREDENTIALS" made himself available at Parkland while JFK was there (this is separate from FBI agent Vincent Drain, who identified himself and was sent via Hoover, and an "unidentified FBI agent" who did NOT have credentials!

WH_Vol18_0405a.jpg

Unidentified male in sunglasses (inside the hospital wearing sunglasses?) that some people want to believe is a Secret Service agent. I do NOT recognize him at all (and I am much aware of what all the agents from the Dallas field office and White House Detail look like):

Image may contain: 2 people

[caption created by Linda Zambanini]

15451442_10210288025333712_1747921211_n.jpg15497720_10210287784967703_209037770_n.jpg

-------------------------------------

From https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth184662/

DescriptionBookmark this section

Original black and white photographic negative taken by a Dallas Times Herald staff photographer showing Dallas Police Officer H.B. McLain (at right, wearing white helmet) speaking with an unidentified man outside of Parkland Hospital on November 22, 1963. The man on the left is an unidentified Secret Service agent.

Physical DescriptionBookmark this section

1 photograph : negative, b&w ; 35 mm.

Creation InformationBookmark this section

Dallas Times Herald November 22, 1963.

Image result for secret service agent outside parkland hospital

No photo description available.

-----------------------------

Extreme blowup of Stoughton photo depicting Agent Andy Berger driving the hearse containing JFK's body with agent Stu Stout (in shadows) sitting between him and ASAIC Roy Kellerman, 11/22/63

9370_10200924890220035_472030263_n.jpg

31195_1412399025523_7077768_n.jpg
36144_1650509578138_3457170_n.jpg

972141_10200793982867433_370514552_n.jpg

HBQ-874-BS_F.jpg
WP_20150619_016.jpg
untitled.png
A- ANDY BERGER
B-FLOYD BORING
Edited by Vince Palamara

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

And yes, wearing sunglasses inside the hospital, wtf...

Of course perhaps a few agents wore dark glasses outside in Dallas that day. It was an extremely bright sunshine day.

But this fellow looks silly wearing them inside the hospital.

Did they make prescription shaded glasses back then?

Could any agents Vince knows identify this fellow?

The photo is a clear full face frontal up close one...should be easy to identify him.

Vince I only have Survivor's Guilt of yours, I've never seen this.

If I read the two pages of text from the book right Marine/CIA undercover agent Hugh Hudgins/Howell was at both Parkland and Bethesda.  He saw a wound in JFK's left temple, two -from the right, in the right temple area (?).  And says the throat wound was one of entrance.  Is there any other documentation of him being CIA or further corroboration?

Then there's Colonel Bishop, CIA contract agent, "wasn't the only Army officer called, that's all I can say about that".  "There (Parkland) the Secret Service instructed me to secure the area outside Trauma Room One...".  Was he one of Steve Thomas local/regional Colonel's or like Hudgins/Howell flown in from Florida or elsewhere?

Regarding the pictures the person inside Parkland with sunglasses appears a little slimmer, maybe younger, slightly different hair than the one outside the hospital.  It also looks like the one inside has a tie pin but the one outside has a clasp.

Regarding the pictures.  There is the good one of the man inside Parkland with the sunglasses on.  Then one with him side by side with a man who does look somewhat like him outside the TSBD!  Then the one of the guy outside Parkland, who looks a bit heavier, older.  I wouldn't put it past the CIA to have two, or more agents in the area if they knew about the operation in advance.🙄

Edited by Ron Bulman

6 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I'm pretty confident that isn't a Dallas detective either; the tie clip, tie, pocket square and hairstyle are not a good match stylistically for Texas.

And yes, wearing sunglasses inside the hospital, wtf...

you inspired me for this post, Matt-thanks!

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Vince I only have Survivor's Guilt of yours, I've never seen this.

If I read the two pages of text from the book right Marine/CIA undercover agent Hugh Hudgins/Howell was at both Parkland and Bethesda.  He saw a wound in JFK's left temple, two -from the right, in the right temple area (?).  And says the throat wound was one of entrance.  Is there any other documentation of him being CIA or further corroboration?

Then there's Colonel Bishop, CIA contract agent, "wasn't the only Army officer called, that's all I can say about that".  "There (Parkland) the Secret Service instructed me to secure the area outside Trauma Room One...".  Was he one of Steve Thomas local/regional Colonel's or like Hudgins/Howell flown in from Florida or elsewhere?

Regarding the pictures the person inside Parkland with sunglasses appears a little slimmer, maybe younger, slightly different hair than the one outside the hospital.  It also looks like the one inside has a tie pin but the one outside has a clasp.

Fascinating, is it not? I think it would be interesting to see what Colonel Bishop looked like back then. There is a photo of Hudgins/ Howell in Bill Sloan's 1993 book JFK: Breaking The Silence and we can rule him out as the mystery man in the shades.

14 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

18 H 795: Secret Service agent Andy Berger---writes in his SS report that "AN UNIDENTIFIED CIA AGENT" who had "CREDENTIALS" made himself available at Parkland while JFK was there

Vince,

Did employees of the CIA carry "credentials" identifying them as such?

If he had "credentials", how could he be "unidentified?

Steve Thomas

Which of these affiliations can one absolutely rule out regards the dark glasses man?

Dallas P.D.

County Sheriffs.

F.B.I.

C.I.A.

Military intelligence.

Secret Service.

Hospital Security.

Press Corp.

Parkland medical staff.

Men In Black.

Photo manipulation and superimposing actor Michael Parks face?

Innocent person who found a Jack Ruby business card laying on the hospital floor and is asking the police officers and the doctor whether it has any significance?

Edited by Joe Bauer

Great find, Vince.  If the document is accurate, it would appear to make Helms full of doo-doo yet again when he told CBS in the 80s he "personally checked" to see if there were any agents in the field in Dallas that day.  Of course, he said no.

If you had to cast someone from CIA being in the middle of things in Dallas, this guy would fit the bill.  And he couldn't have been Secret Service because they said no agent was hanging around Dealey at anytime during or following the assassination.

I think you're onto something.

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy

14 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Vince,

Did employees of the CIA carry "credentials" identifying them as such?

If he had "credentials", how could he be "unidentified?

Steve Thomas

I would think a fair amount did have some form of credentials to present to authorities and so forth if they had to.

I think you are over-analyzing the language there, my friend. He was unidentified UNTIL he produced his credentials.

The agent who wrote the report, Andy Berger, is long gone, so we probably will never know any more than we do know on this.

7 hours ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

Great find, Vince.  If the document is accurate, it would appear to make Helms full of doo-doo yet again when he told CBS in the 80s he "personally checked" to see if there were any agents in the field in Dallas that day.  Of course, he said no.

If you had to cast someone from CIA being in the middle of things in Dallas, this guy would fit the bill.  And he couldn't have been Secret Service because they said no agent was hanging around Dealey at anytime during or following the assassination.

I think you're onto something.

Thanks! I discovered/ "popularized" this back in the early 1990's and noted it in my first book.