The Education Forum

CIA agent at Parkland Hospital 11/22/63

Wait David, are you saying there were Two Oswald's in the Texas Theater?

Seriously, I've never read about the running pickup in the alley.  Also never considered what you point about no one from homicide being there for the arrest of the homicide suspect.  But the head of the personnel department was.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many feel that to be the case Ron....  one leading the police to the other....  the evidence certainly makes it appear that way.... with Bernard Haire sure it was Oswald taken away out back....

Hopefully this will take you there...
https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth339484/m1/1/?q=C. E. Talbert pickup truck

med_res

On 1/25/2020 at 8:16 AM, David Josephs said:

Many feel that to be the case Ron....  one leading the police to the other....  the evidence certainly makes it appear that way.... with Bernard Haire sure it was Oswald taken away out back....

Hopefully this will take you there...
https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth339484/m1/1/?q=C. E. Talbert pickup truck

med_res

Thanks, never seen this.  From H. H. Stringer.  A running truck with no one in it (waiting for a getaway?).  We got him twice, punctuated with Hill saying No, we haven't got him.

Edited by Ron Bulman

To get us out of the Texas Theater on November 22 and back to Parkland (per the subject line) on November 24, does anyone know 1) who rode in the back of the O'Neal ambulance with Oswald, and 2) who helped unload him at the emergency room entrance?

Unloading commences around the 20-sec mark of this film.

The two attached stills show a man (from the back, wearing sunglasses) at the foot of cart containing Oswald. The man bears, at best, the most superficial resemblance to the "mystery man" in the photo included to begin this post. I am not sure if this man was riding in the ambulance (I don't think so) or "materialized" from the crowd to assist with the unloading. He could even be a reporter based on dress, pressed into helping (plenty of reporters must have rushed to Parkland post-shooting to capture all this). I have read that multiple "stakeholders" were hot to get a confession out of Oswald before he expired, mostly locals, but, barring deeper reading to find out for sure, I can imagine agents (SS, FBI, CIA) being on the ground as well.

Oz Parkland 2.jpg

Oz Parkland 1.jpg

See p. 24 (of the PDF, not the page number of the exhibit) of

https://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/pdf/WH21_Price_Ex_2-35.pdf

for testimony regarding Oswald at Parkland.

Edited by Larry Belmont
Added link to related WC testimony about LHO at Parkland.

Not to distract from the thread topic but since Steve brought up the Texas Theater..  David's posts make me wonder about the running pickup and Stringer's report.  It doesn't mention this but did he turn the engine off, maybe take the keys?  He was searching for a murder suspect outside the building he was thought to be in.  Wouldn't a empty running pickup arouse suspicion?  Did he alert anyone else, arrange to keep the vehicle under observation?  Wouldn't he or other officers want to question the owner when he returned given the circumstances? 

• 3 years later...
On 1/24/2020 at 7:05 PM, Steve Thomas said:

Lee Harvey Oswald is dragged from the Texas Theatre by Patrolman C.T. Walker and, still chewing his cigar, Detective Paul Bentley

... VIEW MORE

Jim MacCammon, courtesy Howard Upchurch

1 of 2

image.png.fbb83dcfd13ba372cef59b9daa1c9b4f.png

Steve Thomas

Steve,

Your post from 3 years back seems to be the only reference on the Forum of photographer James MacCammon.

It is a little known fact that MacCammon took three photographs inside the Texas theatre when Oswald was being apprehended.  One of MacCammon's Texas Theatre photos appears in the W.C.'s 26 Vols. 

I find MacCammon somewhat interesting because like Westbrook he seemed to be here, there and everywhere on the 22nd.  I believe he was a freelance photographer for Life magazine.  Among his snaps that day were shots of Dealey Plaza, the exterior of the TSBD as well as the Tippit murder scene!

MacCammon seems to be little known, something of a dark horse.  Even Richard Trask fails to give him any mention.

Just wondered if you or anyone has any bio info on him? 

I wouldn't be surprised if there were two or three CIA agents at Parkland.  It was the logical place he would be taken.  They would want ultimate further conformation of what was observed in Dealy Plaza.  An official proclamation of death, though they knew by then it was a formality.

18 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

Steve,

Your post from 3 years back seems to be the only reference on the Forum of photographer James MacCammon.

It is a little known fact that MacCammon took three photographs inside the Texas theatre when Oswald was being apprehended.  One of MacCammon's Texas Theatre photos appears in the W.C.'s 26 Vols. 

I find MacCammon somewhat interesting because like Westbrook he seemed to be here, there and everywhere on the 22nd.  I believe he was a freelance photographer for Life magazine.  Among his snaps that day were shots of Dealey Plaza, the exterior of the TSBD as well as the Tippit murder scene!

MacCammon seems to be little known, something of a dark horse.  Even Richard Trask fails to give him any mention.

Just wondered if you or anyone has any bio info on him? 

As an aside from this CIA mystery man thread, to answer my own above post, and with thanks to Malcolm Blunt's file archive, info on photographer James MacCammon, see below:-

On 1/26/2020 at 6:43 AM, Larry Belmont said:

To get us out of the Texas Theater on November 22 and back to Parkland (per the subject line) on November 24, does anyone know 1) who rode in the back of the O'Neal ambulance with Oswald, and 2) who helped unload him at the emergency room entrance?

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1136#relPageId=181. Larry - the rest of this report goes into what happened in more detail.

From H&L p.945

When the ambulance arrived Oswald was placed on a stretcher and lifted into the ambulance. Beiberdorf climbed into the ambulance and continued to massage Oswald's sternum and began to use an oxygen cup resuscitator which he placed over Oswald's mouth (oxygen. or any aspirator administered to the victim of a gunshot wound to the stomach can be fatal, as any medical student knows). Approximately 5 blocks from the hos­pital Oswald started thrashing about and resisting Beiberdorf's efforts to massage his sternum and attempted to remove the resuscitator from over his mouth.34

34Bieberdorf Ex 5123 - Copy of an FBI report of an interview of Frederick A. Bieberdorf, dated December 6, 1963

img_1136_182_300.png

img_1136_183_300.png 

img_1136_184_300.png

For those who may have not seen or been aware of this note about the Mystery Man...

JC King and WIN obviously knew who he was...  expectedly, there was no follow-up.

155207429_63-11-22WinScotttoJCKing-PhotoofapersonKNOWNTOYOU.jpg.3e55620af7bbef87e7c00d83f1c3cb19.jpg

FWIW

1076342371_ISYURIMOSKALEVMYSTERYMAN-DELETETHISPHOTO.thumb.jpg.fbdc77b2ad7463538388d6784bc3adc1.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

I've seen the picture of Yuri/Saul but never read any of this.  Thanks.  Something about the guy in the picture might be a Russian, I don't remember a name being mentioned.

That first part is pretty damning.  The Chief of Station, Mexico, Winston Scott telling his boss Chief of the Western Hemisphere J C King the person in the picture is "a certain person who is known to you", in writing!  Documentation the CIA knew who the guy was, but never shared that with the WC or HSCA.  Of course not, they supplied the photo in the first place.  Specifically, Scott himself would have, or I've read David Altee Phillips was operating out of the Mexico City station in the summer of 1963.

Who knows now.  Maybe Angleton told them to use that particular photo.  No wonder they still want to keep their files about all this secret.

50 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I've seen the picture of Yuri/Saul but never read any of this.  Thanks.  Something about the guy in the picture might be a Russian, I don't remember a name being mentioned.

That first part is pretty damning.  The Chief of Station, Mexico, Winston Scott telling his boss Chief of the Western Hemisphere J C King the person in the picture is "a certain person who is known to you", in writing!  Documentation the CIA knew who the guy was, but never shared that with the WC or HSCA.  Of course not, they supplied the photo in the first place.  Specifically, Scott himself would have, or I've read David Altee Phillips was operating out of the Mexico City station in the summer of 1963.

Who knows now.  Maybe Angleton told them to use that particular photo.  No wonder they still want to keep their files about all this secret.

Amen. 

The JFK Records should should have been made public without reservations of any kind, years ago. 

instead, President Biden has deep-sixed the JFK Records in perpetuity.

I wish Larry S. the best of luck, and I speak as a layman.

But President Biden has pulled off a fait accompli, no?

The Justice Department has ruled that a President has the right to keep secret the documents in question (and all other documents, perhaps). 

So, as long as Presidents elect to keep the JFK Records secret...they will remain in the vault, according to Biden's Justice Department. 

Larry S. will have to prevail in US district court over President Biden, but Biden can then appeal, first to the appeals court level and then to the Supreme Court...meaning years and years of delay, in interminable courtroom wrangles.

The Supreme Court can always elect to a lower court ruling stand and dodge the whole issue, if President Biden prevails in a lower court.

Biden's Justice Department is in no hurry (quite the opposite), and can even appeal to the Supreme Court...and if the Supremes or a lower court rule in Biden's favor, then the records are essentially locked away forever. 

That intel-state apparatchik Judge Kavanaugh, in a lower court, has already ruled against JFK records disclosure...ask J. Morley all about it. 

Would Democratic appointees on the SC feel honor-bound, or subject to partisan loyalties, to vote with the Biden Administration's position against JFK records disclosure?   

Would the Supreme Court rule against the Biden Administration or succeeding administrations, who argue that JFK records must be kept secret to honor executive privilege and avoid irreparable harm? 

Who knows?

I hope Larry S. prevails, but likely he will have to prevail in the Supreme Court.

And even then, who knows if the records released are full and complete?

Will future White Houses, Donk of 'Phant, then argue  why this or that specific non-release is justified on certain specific grounds, despite the SC decision?

Those specific cases will have to be re-litigated, one by one?  

Would the Supreme Court appoint a special independent master to oversee and expedite compete and total releases? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole