The Education Forum

The Passing of Jerry Policoff

One of the first writers to focus on just how bad the media was on the JFK case.

He was also very good on how the HSCA went to Hades in a handbasket.  If you have not read him, we link to a couple of  essays by him

https://kennedysandking.com/obituaries/jerry-policoff-feb-27-1947-march-7-2020

is there a way to get links to the ealy articles that Jerry wrote? This is part of the larger issue of getting the silos of paper files held by long-time researchers scanned to they can become available to the research community. we need to develop record retention contingency plans for older researchers. we cant repeat what happened when Jim Marrs died....  

8 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

is there a way to get links to the ealy articles that Jerry wrote? This is part of the larger issue of getting the silos of paper files held by long-time researchers scanned to they can become available to the research community. we need to develop record retention contingency plans for older researchers. we cant repeat what happened when Jim Marrs died....  

Baylor University has collected Texas researchers' JFK materials.  Researchers, especially if published, ought to see if a college archives in their home state will accept their donated collections.

Just by browsing, Baylor seems to collect a lot of JFKA materials, and may be interested in the papers of out-of-state authors.

What happened to Jim Marrs' materials?

Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

Baylor University has collected Texas researchers' JFK materials.  Researchers, especially if published, ought to see if a college archives in their home state will accept their donated collections.

Just by browsing, Baylor seems to collect a lot of JFKA materials, and may be interested in the papers of out-of-state authors.

What happened to Jim Marrs' materials?

If remember right there was a post about a year ago on here about Baylor.  Maybe they had a new director of the department who was less concerned about the subject, not enough funding to do more with the project, too much info to scan with limited resources.  I saw Stu Wexler perusing the site earlier, he or Larry would likely know better than I. 

Jerry's NY Times article is at Dave Ratcliffe's site.

And yes, there is a way to get at his materials left behind.  I will keep an ear to the ground on that.

Here is that NY Times piece by Jerry:

https://ratical.org/ratville/JFK/PA-NYT.html

• 3 years later...

In a recent podcast, Rob Clark said that Jerry Policoff got his way in having Robert Tannenbaum removed from the HSCA and Blakey being installed instead. I did not realize Policoff played such a role during the HSCA.

29 minutes in on the podcast: