The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surgeon-General warns of "Pearl Harbor moment" next week:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/05/pearl-harbor-us-surgeon-general-coronavirus-deaths-donald-trump-white-house-briefing

You know what happened the last time we had a "new Pearl Harbor"...

Psychological sets, someone said?

Edited by David Andrews

Ok Jeff, I agree with 14 provinces, it is much easier for Canada. And as I say, I do like what you posted. I'm probably just going on a bit on what I find to be your premises in general, which I often find to be one note..  i don't think you understand what's really going on in the U.S. And i know from his posts Jim does understands this much..

There's been almost a 40 year agenda in the U.S. to marginalize the middle classes, and  dismantle the New Deal legacy of FDR. This to me, is the primary focus. The people who are perpetuating this just love the fact that you're so impotently  focused on deducing hidden facts about this mysterious MIC government  cabal, while they can simply in light of day dictate legislation to our representatives that make you meaningless.  There's nothing that mysterious about this.

50 years ago, the military deep state was a dark, hidden, sinister element that was a geopolitical world scourge. It was brought on by the gold rush expansion of government bureaucracy from a Golden American age, , where they were the only standing survivors after WWll and controlled up to a third of the world's resources, and  department heads became powers on to themselves and Canada benefited from just standing in our shadow. Now the military is just one aspect.of a multi national complex.

The "Government Deep State" concept has been co opted by a corporate state, or a loose group of industrialists who always resented government interference and taxation and realized they could capitalize on a general dissatisfaction of politics as usual that was felt by everybody, and they've successfully propagated a general distrust of institutions. They've been very successful at putting the advocates of the  FDR safety net on the run and little by little have de funded the government to the point, we're just blind to it. . We can see it now in the gutting of government  stockpiles, and emergency services and readiness in the Corona Virus epidemic.  You can see it in the deregulation of environment controls , the Federal Communications Commissions , the Security Exchange Commission. Many others could go on and on.

I see your guidance as so off the mark, it's damaging, I can tell you your demand for justice from the" Deep State" for Trump  is greeted with glee by Wall Street, as there's been no President whose tied his fortunes as much to Wall Street. If and until the oppressed  can come together and realize this is the only government we got. You're only directing the frustration of the very victims of this middle class marginalization not toward the people who are oppressing them, but to the  oppressors enemies, the government who are ultimately the only ones who can arbitrate their concerns.

As this is the plague thread, Nuts!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-who-narrated-an-expletive-filled-video-depicting-people-not-social-distancing-arrested/ar-BB12bVPM?li=BBnbcA1

I read a couple of days ago about a guy in Pennsylvania coughing hard walking by a gas pump.   Another guy getting gas tells him he needs to cover his cough's.  Walking towards the convenience store door the first guy tells the second something like FO.  Gas guy is finished and getting in his car then tries to run over coughing man as he's about to enter the store.  Coughing man pulls a gun, shoots the windshield then a tire a couple of times, takes off.  Gas man follows him (with a flat tire I guess), goes on home, then calls the police, tells a phony story not including trying to run over coughing man.  Which is revealed by security video.  Police arrested both.  Nuts.  

Edited by Ron Bulman

48 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Coughing man pulls a gun, shoots the windshield then a tire a couple of times, takes off.  Gas man follows him (with a flat tire I guess), goes on home, then calls the police, tells a phony story not including trying to run over coughing man.  Which is revealed by security video.  Police arrested both.  Nuts.  

This is sort of goes along the lines of Jeff's link of grim projections for the U.S.A 's battle with the Corona Virus.. (How did I know it would be like that?)

This British film is the most serious film I've seen yet on the struggle against the corona virus in Milan Italy.  It's very well done and very sobering.

20 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

As this is the plague thread, Nuts!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-who-narrated-an-expletive-filled-video-depicting-people-not-social-distancing-arrested/ar-BB12bVPM?li=BBnbcA1

I read a couple of days ago about a guy in Pennsylvania coughing hard walking by a gas pump.   Another guy getting gas tells him he needs to cover his cough's.  Walking towards the convenience store door the first guy tells the second something like FO.  Gas guy is finished and getting in his car then tries to run over coughing man as he's about to enter the store.  Coughing man pulls a gun, shoots the windshield then a tire a couple of times, takes off.  Gas man follows him (with a flat tire I guess), goes on home, then calls the police, tells a phony story not including trying to run over coughing man.  Which is revealed by security video.  Police arrested both.  Nuts.  

The Wisconsin State Supreme Court republicans are Nuts!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=wisconsin+extended+voting+supreme+court&form=PRUSEN&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&rec_search=1&refig=47d224f01a574a1383fca3abe25a6d5f&sp=4&qs=PS&pq=wiscon&sk=PRES1PS1EP1FT1&sc=8-6&cvid=47d224f01a574a1383fca3abe25a6d5f

I suspected this would be the case.

CV19 has vaulted Albert Camus' The Plague to the top

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/gp/product/B085WQM3RG/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i1

Edited by James DiEugenio

This link has some interesting info in it's charts and graphs.  I didn't know there were less cases in warmer states.  I guess that may be skewed by NYC and NJ though.

It's too soon to make anything of it but in the first chart look at % Change Total Confirmed Cases.  In the Deaths and Recoveries chart note the New US Daily Deaths the last 5 days, down, up, down, down.  In that chart also note the % Change In US Deaths going down every day, almost 12% total.  Other parts of the charts and graphs are still depressing in many respects but any chance that it could be starting to at least level off is welcome.  Maybe I''m just looking for hope here, or grasping at straws.

Scroll down to the bottom and click on your state for info on it,

https://coronavirusbellcurve.com/#tx

I went out today to do three things.

I had to mail a book at the post office.  The attendants now have that glass screen in front of them and there is tape to separate out the customers six feet apart.

I went to Home Depot to buy a new set of gloves since I did not want to keep the ones I had for more than a week.  I asked the girl if she had any masks.  She said, they donated all of them to hospitals.

Ended up at Target to pay a bill.  They now have curb side service.  You order online and your order is ready to be picked up in 3-4 hours.

Target is next to Blaze pizza in the mall.  I decided to drive over just to see what was going on.  They were actually open and you could go inside to order so I did.  Again, tape on the floor to separate everyone. In and out in ten minutes.  If you have one near, should try it really good.

Thanks to the mods for keeping this open.  

Edited by James DiEugenio

5 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Ron said; The Wisconsin State Supreme Court republicans are Nuts!

Ron, you got it backwards, the Republicans had  the U.S. Supreme Court rule against the  Wisconsin lower court extension of absentee ballots, and they overturned 5-4. No Surprise!

This is a real good website on the world spread of the corona virus.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

In case you haven't heard British PM Boris Johnson has been transferred to the ICU.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

10 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ron said; The Wisconsin State Supreme Court republicans are Nuts!

Ron, you got it backwards, the Republicans had  the U.S. Supreme Court rule against the  Wisconsin lower court extension of absentee ballots, and they overturned 5-4. No Surprise!

This is a real good website on the world spread of the corona virus.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

In case you haven't heard British PM Boris Johnson has been transferred to the ICU.

No, I didn't get it backwards.  The four republicans on the state supreme court voted to proceed with today's election, the fifth one is in the election and ineligible.  They overruled the two democratic judges and thus the democratic governors postponing of the election until June.  With the coronavirus peaking hopefully now or soon, that's nut's. 

That is what I read also Ron.

The Wisconsin Supreme Court, thanks to Scott Walker, is a looney bin.   They are the ones who saved McAdam's case.

But also, this coincides with the GOP agenda which is to limit voting as much as possible.

Supreme Court Blocks Extended Voting in Wisconsin

I'm just reading the headlines you sent. And the big news today is about the U.S.Supreme Court blocking the Wisconsin extended voting.

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Monday issued its first ruling in a case arising from the coronavirus pandemic, refusing to extend the deadline for absentee voting in Tuesday’s elections in Wisconsin by six days.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway