The Education Forum
W. Niederhut

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

For tonight, wife asked if I wanted to watch Woodstock. 

That's the movie Charlton Heston watches at the beginning of The Omega Man.

Just now, David Andrews said:

That's the movie Charlton Heston watches at the beginning of The Omega Man.

I thought he watched it in Planet of the Apes.

12 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I thought he watched it in Planet of the Apes.

"Hospitals have begun to crack under the strain."

Edited by David Andrews

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I noticed Pastafina's open sign was off and the  parking lot completely empty yesterday after it was open the first couple of days of SIP.  Most of the fast food drive thru's were still open, some busier than others.  While in town yesterday to pick up the wife's prescriptions I thought let's go by Hard Eight and get a chopped beef sandwich to go.  They're regionally famous for outstanding BBQ, people drive 30-40 miles, make it a point to stop passing through.  Opened a second location in the metromess between Fort Worth and Dallas a few years back.  No dice. I expect they'll return along with Pastafina, I hope.  Meanwhile  I've got ribs in the freezer, a smoker and wood, when the rain goes away and the wood dries out.  Not as good as Hard Eight but still tasty.

For tonight, wife asked if I wanted to watch Woodstock.  Been thinking about films to watch I've not seen in a while.  I was 13 in 69, she was 5, I have it on VHS, taped off PBS.  She's never really watched it and will probably be asleep in thirty minutes.  I could use a refresher as a distraction.  

What she found was this, which I've not seen before.  While on the build up as much as the show, Lots of footage I've not seen.  Worth watching if you've not seen imo.

https://www.woodstockdocumentary.com/

Jimmy Hendrix took the world in his palm in that film.

When Hendrix congratulated Dylan for the All Along the Watchtower, Dylan said something like, I just wrote it, its your song.

Edited by James DiEugenio

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Jimmy Hendrix took the world in his palm in that film.

When Hendrix congratulated Dylan for the All Along the Watchtower, Dylan said something like, I just wrote it, its your song.

IMO, Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower is the greatest cover in history.

That Reprise 45 rpm of All Along the Watchtower was the first Hendrix recording I ever heard back in the day.

I probably played it a thousand times.

Went to our local "In 'N Out" burger eatery yesterday around 5:00 PM here in Monterey, CA.

The take out car line backed up well into the fronting street, maybe 30+ cars.

It took 1/2 hour to get our order.

Everyone seemed patient though and listening to my Barry Manilow Greatest Hits CD helped pass the time.

Problem is their fresh cut fries lose their heat by the time you get them to your home and microwaving or reheating them in the oven overly dries them out.

Immersing them in ketchup helps, but still it's like sex that's just ..."okay."

Their famous burgers are as good as ever however.

Watching films with the wife almost every night.

Last three nights we viewed "Blinded By The Light", "The Good xxxx" and Francis Ford Coppola's "The Conversation."

My wife chooses our shared evening films.

While she works on line at home during the day now in another room as a content editor,  I am allowed to choose my own films to watch by myself during her work time and do so in between surfing the net looking for the latest outrageous Trump comment news, plummeting hourly stock market drops and regular pop-ins to the forum here searching for R.Wheeler postings to needle.

Am catching up on Steve Reeves Hercules, Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes, Hitchcock, Bond and anything with Natalie Wood films and whatever else catches my idle interest at the time. I mostly watch these with no sound ( using the caption option ) as to not distract my work concentrating wife just a room away.

Way over eating again. Microwave oven is constantly in use with that irritating beeping that I must run to stop.

I highly recommend Delimex chicken taquitos, Stouffer's lasagna, anything "Amy's"  and left over Chinese take out in this MCWV fare.

Welcome to a day in the Coronavirus "Shelter In Place" life of a California senior forum member.

Edited by Joe Bauer

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

IMO, Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower is the greatest cover in history.

That Reprise 45 rpm of All Along the Watchtower was the first Hendrix recording I ever heard back in the day.

I probably played it a thousand times.

Howwwwwwwl

I'm listening  over and over to Óró Sé Do Bheatha Abhaile (Gaelic)
Sung and released on March 17, 2020 by Ireland's great Gaelic singer Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh on a crossroads in an Ireland village after a St. Patrick’s day anti-Trump mummery. Her voice is perfection.

This song is the Irish anthem of liberty and resistance about he 16th century patriot Grace O’Malley,  later revised by poet Paedrig Pearce calling Ireland’s folk to return home for the 1916 Easter Uprising.

Other versions of note are:
Seo Linn  a young Irish band
Connemara Stone Cutters  
Finale at Christ Church Dublin led by John Spillane

ORO - wake up  

Have you heard this pandemic is due to an alien off-planet colonization and like the Native Americans our immune systems are vulnerable to colonist DNA. Just kidding
What is  going on? The JFK coup stopped the whole world for 4 days, this wide world stoppage is going on for weeks.