The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

8 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Supreme Court Blocks Extended Voting in Wisconsin

I'm just reading the headlines you sent. And the big news today is about the U.S.Supreme Court blocking the Wisconsin extended voting.

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Monday issued its first ruling in a case arising from the coronavirus pandemic, refusing to extend the deadline for absentee voting in Tuesday’s elections in Wisconsin by six days.

I have my own acronym for those conservative nut sacks.  I call them the SCROTUS-- the Supreme Court Republicons of the United States.  It's the plural of SCROTUM.

We can all thank the SCROTUS for such 5-4 scrotum scratching debacles as Bush v. Gore, Citizens United, and Shelby v. Holder.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/28/2020 at 4:44 PM, Robert Wheeler said:

It's this kind of thing that even the most obedient citizens (except for here naturally, a conspiracy forum ironically) question what's going.

Kirk, I am personally trolling you. Please put me on ignore like I have you.

Annotation 2020-03-28 194101.jpg

Wheeler  pleaded with me to put him on "ignore" but I've never  done that with anybody here.  But as a person who wants some sort of accountability for what they say and do here.Why would I do that?  What's in it for me?  His selling point was if I put him on ignore, he wouldn't offended, Like of course, that's the very last thing any of us would want to do .

As Trump  noted, after talking with his Wall Street buddies. A couple of weeks ago, Trump tried to pull an end run around Faucci and gang.
In the other thread. Wheeler was praying that the Trump "reopening on Easter Sunday" would be a "pushback Q"volution! and he seemed confident that God would answer his call.Trump backed down on an early reopening, then called for a quarantine????on Robert!,   which I suppose doesn't matter to Robert because he's probably never been out of the tri state area, anyway. Which isn't such an advantage now. I wonder if Wheeler has any more compassion now?  Doesn't sound like it.  .

But then Trump backed down on the quarantine, and has now projected over 100,00 deaths. Wheeler's probably  is still trying to convince himself it's a hoax.
But he's use to his predictions going wrong, one notable time is when he  thought the U.S. was right around the corner of victory in the Iraq War when he voted for GW in 2004.

Re: Trolling,if you don't like Wheeler's  trolling, Ron and anyone else who answers his trolling. You have choices. Don't feed the xxxxx. Or God forbid,  like J. Nicholson said to D.Quaid ordering at the diner. "Have it the way you want it, Meadows".

What kind of sicko sh-t is this that Wheeler posted as an example of uncensored Google!  Scroll down to the adenochrome caption with an abducting   hand over a young girl's mouth. Eventually the mods pulled this down, as well they should. Obviously there was never any prospect of anyone here bringing their wives or girlfriends here anyway.    Ha Ha
                                                                                                                                                                       Joke

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

I have my own acronym for those conservative nut sacks.  I call them the SCROTUS-- the Supreme Court Republicons of the United States.  It's the plural of SCROTUM.

We can all thank the SCROTUS for such 5-4 scrotum scratching debacles as Bush v. Gore, Citizens United, and Shelby v. Holder.

Justice Kennedy shows his true colors much more often than not.

So one would expect that this Trump favoring Kennedy led Court will also, either postpone hearing the Southern District Of New York Trump Tax release request submission until after the election, or rule against their release request completely.

Trump and his 1 to 5% ruling class have the Executive Branch ( and it's Justice Department ) , the Senate, the Supreme Court AND our 4th Estate. The Dems have just little ole Congress, and barely that with too many not always loyal members.

That's 4 against 1 !

That's the true reality of the incredible imbalance of Federal government power situation ( wealthiest 1% to 5% versus the rest of us ) that now exists.

That is an obvious main reason they keep winning.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Joe ,you make a good case for the stacking of the branches of government and then you just obligatorily thrown in the "Fourth Estate". Are you saying the press in general is also against Trump releasing his taxes? Because I'm sure there's a large group of people who would disagree with you on that.

Recently watched Soderbergh's "Contagion" film, which is set in a suddenly very familiar landscape. It's almost 10 years old. The term "social distancing" is used in the film. The "contagion" depicted is nastier and more fatal, and the societal challenges a bit steeper. Ten years ago it served as a warning, today its almost documentary. Fortunately, in the movie, the plucky and determined crew at the CDC do the right things and eventually save the day. In real life, they are tied to Big Pharma and dropped the ball big time when it most mattered. The film's "internet conspiracy theorist" is a rather one-note depiction, but his equivalents are out there currently saying exactly the same type of things (not referring to R Wheeler, whose contrarian insights serve a purpose IMO). No better time to watch it.

Well, this is creepy, but not surprising.  I remember feeling a bit shocked by the total collapse of the rule of law in New Orleans after Katrina.

Reasons to be cheerful, Part Six...  😟

Burglaries, Thefts Up More Than 75% In Major Cities Amid Coronavirus Lockdown

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/burglaries-thefts-more-75-major-cities-amid-coronavirus-lockdown

8 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Justice Kennedy shows his true colors much more often than not.

So one would expect that this Trump favoring Kennedy led Court will also, either postpone hearing the Southern District Of New York Trump Tax release request submission until after the election, or rule against their release request completely.

Trump and his 1 to 5% ruling class have the Executive Branch ( and it's Justice Department ) , the Senate, the Supreme Court AND our 4th Estate. The Dems have just little ole Congress, and barely that with too many not always loyal members.

That's 4 against 1 !

That's the true reality of the incredible imbalance of Federal government power situation ( wealthiest 1% to 5% versus the rest of us ) that now exists.

That is an obvious main reason they keep winning.

Joe I agree.  First, how does this relate to the "plague" topic if say the moderators don't have time to read every (sometimes long) post?  I posted about the Wisconsin state supreme court, along party lines, rescinding the governors order to delay the election until June.  Thus forcing voters to choose between potentially their health (covid/plague) and forfeiting their right to vote.

W. N posted on the same subject referring to the packing of the courts which allowed this to happen, mentioning it coming from a national level, e.g. Citizens United.  Joe pointed out that with control of the Presidency, Senate, Supreme Court, and fourth estate democrats were powerless to do much about the current health crisis, or much else.

R Wheeler commented "obviously Trump does not contoll the fourth estate." True.  I'll not comment further this far off topic after this but I don't think Rob understands the full import or context of this part of Joe's comment.  The president is part of the 1-5% of the US population that own 95 - 98% of that fourth estate.  The prez is a small part of it, no he doesn't control it.  Those that do use it to help maintain control of the presidency and senate in particular.

Jeff, I saw Contagion. It's a little hazy now, but I thought it was just ok, probably would be interesting to check out again.  In going back to your Thomas Pueyo piece. Was it written all at once, or installments? It seems at least part of it was written before Trump came out with projections of 100-150,000 deaths. It wasn't as grim as you at first portrayed it.

What it said, I thought  was there was 2 methods that could be employed, "Mitigation" and the more I suppose Draconian "Suppression" which is currently (though it took some time) what is employed in the U.S. in all but 8 states. The author says that it's clearly best  both to win battle against the virus and in economic fall out in the long run to use the suppression method. If the more Draconian methods are employed the number of fatalities would be between 50-100K. Which is sort of online with the Trump's estimate. Whereas the mitigation effort would result in 500,000-10 million deaths!  (Though he did hold out  that in that case, there would be substantially more Republicans dying because they're older. Which I thought was a little strange! heh heh)

I do remember thinking at the beginning of "Contagion" how quickly Gwyneth Paltrow's  career had fallen to be gone in the first sequences of the film. I did love that reenactment at the end!

P.S. Jeff I thought I might add. That among industrialized  nations, Canada has among the lowest rate of infections to those who were tested. 18,000 out of 348,000, about 6%. Several nation fall in with the rate of the U.S. which is between 15-20%. But Spain and France are over 40%!   I just figured I'd be helpful even though you've never told me what you think of Trudeau.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Bernie  suspends campaign: Wouldn't it have been interesting  if the arc of this corona virus came only 2-3 weeks earlier? How would have that affected the Sanders campaign? The issue of income equality is only coming more to the foreground.
They're trying to tide people over with a check at least for a month. But what about all those health insurance payments?, they aren't guaranteed. What happens when they default during an epidemic? If Bernie wanted to be in  a maximum power situation (though not the nominee) coming into the convention, since they're not going out and campaigning anyway. Why wouldn't Bernie just continue hammering about the health insurance shortfall?

If marginalized people were really considering this question before Super Tuesday it could only have helped Bernie. The question is, would there have been a Super Tuesday? or would it have been put off until maybe June. In that interim Sanders would be reminding those distressed people that he represents relief for their position. Would all those aggrieved people who lost their health insurance, (maybe even virus victims)  be much more open and maybe even desperately impassioned to a Sanders candidacy?

Hi Kirk

You are right, the “Contagion” film is only “ok”, but transcends that rating due to its timeliness now. It was highly researched, so the pandemic response depicted was representative of federal guidelines and contingency planning - as it was 10 years ago.

The Suppression strategy, practiced in South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore etc requires strict quarantine of infected persons (not at home), extensive contact tracing, and massive testing. If begun soon enough then the societal lockdowns are not necessary, or are only required for a short period of time, as has just begun in Singapore.Unfortunately it was already too late when measures began in New York, California, etc.

Re: Trudeau - firmly disagree with policies, particularly foreign policies. However, he has faced two major crises and has performed cooly and calmly. The first occurred when Trump tore up NAFTA and insisted on new terms. That put the Canadian government under tremendous pressure. The second is this contagion - the feds and provinces are in sync and listening to best advice.

Robert - I think that narcotics/trafficking line came up over questions about the naval flotilla sent to Venezuela. I don’t know what Trump is exactly referring to, but the Venezuelans are not heavily involved in drugs or human trafficking, and the naval vessels are really enforcing an ongoing regime-change policy.

But you had mentioned elsewhere that organized crime in your area switched ethnicities in the early 1990s. Many sex-workers were suddenly of Russian/Ukraine/Baltic origin. This was in fact the result of a human-trafficking ring, and it has been estimated that about 500,000 women were marketed in Europe and North America through that decade. The seeds of incredible corruption were planted as the Soviet Union dissipated.

We're certainly not doing contact tracing or testing. California has reacted quicker than New York. And Northern California, being the first in the nation to induce lock down, has benefited more than Southern California and the rate of increased cases is much less. Still there was a graph showing that we'd peak the week of the 21st and now Governer Newsome has said  it won't peak till mid May??, and has lent New York 500 ventilators and a number of other states as well. Still what concerns me is our test rate per capita is very poor. Obviously testing is the key for any hope of a return to normalcy.

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/7/21205890/coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-new-york-california

As for the more recent drug charges by the U.S. against Maduro, that's just stowing away some ill will for a rainy day and keeping the Maduro narrative fresh in the public mind, but I don't think the U.S. will do anything about it for now under these conditions.

1 hour ago, Jeff Carter said:

Hi Kirk

You are right, the “Contagion” film is only “ok”, but transcends that rating due to its timeliness now. It was highly researched, so the pandemic response depicted was representative of federal guidelines and contingency planning - as it was 10 years ago.

I'm betting, due to Steven Soderbergh's direction, that it's going to be better than the multiple post-Covid films that will be made, many of which will take their cues from it.

At least it's not an action film like Outbreak, whose main attraction is seeing Dustin Hoffman play a non-neurotic character for once.  That part was actually...nice.

Edited by David Andrews

8 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

The percent of the Population that owns enough of the 4th estate, and that keep it under their control, is much, much smaller than even 1% of the population, which is still 3.2 million people. Most of those 3.2 million (the 1%) are owners of "the largest refrigerator equipment distributor" in southern Iowa, or the guy who started buying rental properties in 1973 and now owns 13,500 rent paying units in NY and NJ. They make a lot of money, but they don't control the media.

The 4th estate is under the economic control of probably less than 0.01% or 32,700 people. That is, while millions of Americans own a sliver of Disney or Gannett through the mutual funds in their 401k, only a few thousand people own enough shares (or bonds) of Disney of Gannett to be able get the CEO on the phone.

That is who the 4th Estate answers to.

It is even smaller than that though. It is probably less than 0.0010% or 3,270 people.

That would consist of the 0.01% that have sufficient financial "heft" to warrant a return phone call from the CEO and that has an agenda to promote in coordination of the other Media companies. 

Watch how CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, the NY Times, the wire services (UPI, AP, Reuters), your local newspaper (once privately owned, now owned by Gannet, or Knight Ridder, etc.) are all in-sync on a daily basis.

The OANN reporter asked Trump two days ago about what else is going on during the quarantine. Trump said there is a large effort to put an end to international narcotics and Human Trafficking rings. No one in the MSM apparently thinks this deserves a follow up question, even if to just ask "why, in the middle of a pandemic?"

RW... I am in complete agreement with your post above.

The amount of individuals who own the majority interest ( the controlling 51% or more interest)  in our main stream media corporations is as small a group as you say.

IMO here is how it works:

They control and manipulate the news. The most important aspects of it, while letting less important news flow as it's interest dictates. 

They control and manipulate any bigger news stories that may hurt Trump and their agenda.

They report these controversial news stories, but without the outrage that should accompany them and then they let them quickly die with no serious investigative follow up.

They know the public loses interest of any news item reporting in a day or two unless the main stream media keeps these controversial reports in the front page category.

They do this to protect and promote their 1 to 5% ruling class corporate agenda ( which Trump carries out with aggressive abandon ) over any other.

I know you hate this example but ... if Obama  had said and done 1,000th of the things Trump has said and done that exhibit signs of pathological lying, shameless self-interest promotion, conflict and controversy creation, fed societal division, publicly stated extremely personal insults ( via twitter or at his rallies and even during his press briefings) on an almost daily basis,  ignored and disrespected the authority of our Congress, ordered unprecedented retribution to anyone criticizing his actions, continually bitch slapped those news organizations and their reporters who dare to even hint any criticism toward him, defending ruthless dictators some of whom he has huge financial ties, cheating on his taxes ( and wives ) for years, dealing with organized crime figures in his business dealings and on and on and on...Obama would be toast.

Our corporate media would have had the nation screaming for Obama's resignation. Million person marches, huge write in campaigns. The 50 million listener super right wing radio propaganda machine would be reporting and promoting this Obama removal emergency 24/7 until the last second of his term.

Just one specific example:

If a book came out nationally with 43 women accusing Obama of gross predatory sexual misconduct, harassment and even forced penetration, he would be done the rest of his Presidency. The corporate propaganda machine would be relentless in telling the American public that with Obama, we truly have a sexual predator in the White House!

This sexual predator expose book ( again 43 accusers! ) on Trump has been reported, but minimally in our main stream media. The American public is being purposely and deliberately numbed to this factual Trump behavior.

And the fact that we actually DO have a sexual predator in the White House. Mr. Pu$$Y Grabber himself!

And who is on publicly broadcast tape BRAGGING about this behavior!

People ask how Trump gets away with his outrageous words and actions that no other president would have been allowed to get away with?

It's because our 4th estate keeps them downplayed to a degree of numbing ignorance and apathy...that's why.

Edited by Joe Bauer

I just came across this TED TALK presentation from ... 2013!

Amazingly prescient.

Listen to the talk at about the 2:30 second mark.

The speaker mentions how we should have been preparing for this pandemic that many years ago with serious commitment and resources.