The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

Try these two for the world total,Ron.  Are  they close enough for you? The difference is different time signatures. that's because they use the same sources but check at different times..I'd give you the same link as I first gave you but I don't think World Odometers breaks down the states.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-maps.html

Ron said:The MSM chose not to bring this case to prominence.

You're making Trump's excuse Ron. I'm not sure where you've been but the Corona Virus outbreak started in the Wu Han province of China and has been in the news since January.

Ron said: I'll add it to a couple of others I look at every 2-3 days.

If you have a couple of others. Why are you saying you're having trouble finding stats here below? It's sounds like you're asking for sources. I was trying to oblige you.

Ron said: I've been having trouble finding state day by day stat's searching for them.  They're certainly not news in the MSM.  Are they being suppressed on purpose? .

They are in the MSM! They're not being suppressed!

As far as the ownership of the press. Ok. But I'm not sure what you're saying. Why would the MSM  suppress the corona virus stats on purpose?  Do the world corporate elites benefit from the world economy shutting down?  I'm sorry Ron, but you cast a lot of aspersions but it's not at all clear what you're saying.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We opened our malls, restaurants and movie theaters at 25% today here in Texas.  Yesterday was our highest single total of deaths in a day at 50.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

What happened is that the rightwing through National Review and Fox, decided they did not want to hear this stuff anymore about comparisons to Vietnam.  Its the same reason Trump will not let Fauci testify next week.  And the same reason they sent out their rightwing goons with guns.

So CDC decided to change their method of reporting.

But if you look at Johns Hopkins, it does not look like they have.  They have 18,400 dead in just New York City alone.

This is one of the best articles I have seen on the subject:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/accurate-us-coronavirus-death-count-experts-off-tens/story?id=70385359

There are two problems.  First, Trump refuses to do adequate testing, he clearly does not went to do it for political reasons.

Second, they are finding out that CV 19 is even worse than they thought.  It does not just attack the lungs, but also the heart.  Therefore, the experts think the real number is probably higher.

I am beginning to think this might have been manmade.

Edited by James DiEugenio

beginning to think this might have been manmade.

As if to lend support to this notion, the mouthpiece for the U.S. "intelligence community" was reported by my local paper yesterday to have indicated the opposite.

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I am beginning to think this might have been manmade.

I doubt it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/01/could-covid-19-be-manmade-what-we-know-about-origins-trump-chinese-lab-coronavirus

Is there any evidence the virus was engineered?

The scientific consensus rejecting the virus being engineered is almost unanimous. In a letter to Nature in March, a team in California led by microbiology professor Kristian Andersen said “the genetic data irrefutably shows that [Covid-19] is not derived from any previously used virus backbone” – in other words spliced sections of another known virus.

You’re accusing me of plagiarism?

San Francisco locked down before any other locale.  Densely populated with heavy traffic from China, still only 28 deaths.

We’re 1/10th the population of NYC, which has suffered 13,000+ deaths.

Do the math.

28 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

You’re accusing me of plagiarism?

San Francisco locked down before any other locale.  Densely populated with heavy traffic from China, still only 28 deaths.

We’re 1/10th the population of NYC, which has suffered 13,000+ deaths.

Do the math.

California, definitely, gets an "A" in COVID pandemic management.

The last time I checked the numbers from Johns Hopkins, California still had a very low rate of cases (119) and deaths (5) per 100K-- despite the fact that the Golden Bear State was an early locus of COVID infestation.

In comparison, COVID arrived in Louisiana relatively late, but Louisiana has suffered something like 550 cases and 40 deaths per 100K-- ranking third in morbidity and mortality behind New York and contiguous New Jersey.

For sacred privacy reasons I can not and will never give details but for general sharing purposes to add to the truth of the virus and how much and easily it is spreading, I was informed yesterday that a fairly close relative of mine has been diagnosed with the virus.

The first one in our family. Many thousands of miles away from my home.

Like American families back in the late 60's who lost a loved one in Vietnam, when a controversial event finally hits you personally with such a loss, you feel it's reality much more deeply and seriously.

Also, would like to express some thoughts about the virus hitting New York City so massively.

I was raised in a small forested town area here on the California Coast. Have been here ever since outside of a little traveling up and down the West Coast back in my twenties and some but less in my later years.

I have always been near large forested settings and within minutes of walking to the ocean shore. No skyscrapers. Not much cement. Not much traffic.

Lucky me, I know.

Whenever I did visit the large cities such as L.A., San Francisco, etc. I felt very uncomfortable and out of place. Tall buildings and huge freeways and massive fast pace traffic just seemed so unattractive and even stressful to me. Still does. 

I've never felt the so-called "excitement" of big cities.

And with the Covid-19 disaster that has now befallen NYC I believe even more my feeling that our large overly developed cement monstrosity, large building, subway, train system cities are truly one of the most disastrous mistakes in our national culture.

NYC is so packed with people on top of each other in closed environments such as huge office buildings, subway and train systems, huge apartment complex living situations, etc that any natural or man-made crisis hitting it can't help but be devastating simply because of this out-of-control, overly crowded and closed-in environment.

I don't know how many here have been to Los Angeles in the last 20 years.

It is a place that is so overly populated it is a disaster in the waiting if the "BIG ONE" earthquake should hit it and bring down freeways, break water lines, topple power lines and cut off electrical service, etc.

Talk about chaos if that ever happens there? 

And 40 years ago, when I visited L.A. and further South to San Diego, there was a definite break of urban sprawl development between L.A. and San Diego.

The last time I drove this 405 , Coast highway route however ...that break is gone!

It is like one continuous city from L.A. to Sand Diego!

My point here is this.

One of the massive national and society changes we are going to have to acknowledge and embrace after what we are seeing in our big building crowded cities with this pandemic sweeping through them like wildfires in a dried shrub forest, is that these types of overly developed and overly populated and crowded environments are extremely unhealthy and no longer safe.

Our future must consider any more urban development with a much more open and natural space separation setting in mind versus these cement monstrosities with their massive cement towers, packed freeways, underground subway caverns and ugly and loud above ground rail tracks ( think Chicago) that are simply death traps in times of crisis.

I think New York City and other big skyscraper cities should seriously start planning on tearing down more and more of their ugly cement towers and replacing them with open green spaces.

We should begin to develop much more open and green space smart and safe areas around the country to spread out our population in much more environmentally healthy ways.

You say it can't be done?  If the death and economic damage is great enough from crisis's like this virus or a massive earthquake in L.A. we may have no choice.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Bob:

There is credible evidence, see the latest Flynn legal disclosures, that the Russia Gate episode was FBI created.  Your argument there was based on rational deductions with evidence.

But there is no way you can attribute the CV 19 disaster to Trump's enemies.  

HIs reaction to this was almost an object lesson in how not to handle a virus outbreak.  In fact, for sheer incompetence,  I would compare it to W and Katrina.

First it was denial, then it was blame Obama,  then it was trot out the son in law. Then it was the daily press briefing.  Now its manipulate the numbers.

It overwhelmed him and threatened his presidency, so he has made it a political fight through his proxies. Which it should not be.

2 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Begin with the coup.

October 28, 2016, when FBI Director James Comey sent a letter to the House Judiciary Commitee announcing the re-opening of the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation.

This interference in our election was unprecedented and calamitous.

The claim that the FBI conspired to remove the man they installed is absurd.

13 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

October 28, 2016, when FBI Director James Comey sent a letter to the House Judiciary Commitee announcing the re-opening of the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation.

This interference in our election was unprecedented and calamitous.

The claim that the FBI conspired to remove the man they installed is absurd.

Agreed.  The claim is downright Wheeler-esque.

And let's not forget all of those anonymous FBI "leaks" (rumors) about Hillary's Emails during the summer and fall of 2016, culminating in Rudy Giuliani's statements on Fox News about Comey's impending, pre-election "October Surprise."