The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, this has been gone over at length.

With Comey you have the Walker problem. Was he out to get both Hillary and Trump?  If you believe the E mail thing then that is the logical conclusion.

And I have to add, that whole email imbroglio was never really investigated.  I started to do some work on it and its really fishy.  Because, as if with Watergate, there is evidence of repeated erasures. 

But to say that is the reason she lost, its not accurate. Its an excuse. If you read the book Shattered she thought she was going to win up until election night.  That is why she had no concession speech and Podesta then lied about it.  That book also shows what an inept campaign she ran.  She had every single advantage one could think of: much more money, more workers, more experience, plus the media was on her side.  She picked the wrong manager, and she was  still confident she was going to win.  The Comey thing and the Russia fig leaf were her excuses after to explain away her own arrogance. She underestimated Trump and he outworked her.  Especially in the Rust Belt.  He visited those states twice as many times as she did.  And it worked.

The worst thing was that everyone in Washington and the media thought she was going to win: they believed their own BS. So the shock set in. And then the effort to somehow cripple Trump. Which actually started in his own party. That grew into an attempt to remove him when Pelosi could not control the zealots in her own camp like Schiff.  

It eventually turned into a divisive debacle.  

Meanwhile, with the Flynn case, that shows how a good lawyer makes a difference.  Almost all of what Mueller did looks today to be compromised to me.  And the Stone case is silly. Stone has done a lot of bad things in his life, see the Brooks Brother Riot, but this?

So yes, in large part I think Wheeler was right on this.

CV 19 is something else.

2 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Here is something you west coasters should be worrying about instead of the plandemic.

Giant Asian murder hornets.

https://justthenews.com/nation/murder-hornet-has-arrived-united-states#.Xq4tf7TNZj0.twitter

Oh great.

Just what we need on top of this entire body attacking virus.

I was stung on the arm once by a wasp. One of those mean, black two body part ones.

It was a burning hot sting.

Within 4 hours my entire arm from my bicep to my hand was swollen like a water balloon.

Had to visit the Stanford Hospital ER in Palo Alto and get a couple of shots.

On a more serious note -- the effect of Covid-19 on indigenous peoples, for whom sheltering in place and federal medical guidelines are of no use.  Did we forget how this could affect these beleaguered and dwindled populations?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/03/eve-of-genocide-brazil-urged-save-amazon-tribes-covid-19-sebastiao-salgado

Edited by David Andrews

19 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Bob:

There is credible evidence, see the latest Flynn legal disclosures, that the Russia Gate episode was FBI created.  Your argument there was based on rational deductions with evidence.

But there is no way you can attribute the CV 19 disaster to Trump's enemies.  

HIs reaction to this was almost an object lesson in how not to handle a virus outbreak.  In fact, for sheer incompetence,  I would compare it to W and Katrina.

First it was denial, then it was blame Obama,  then it was trot out the son in law. Then it was the daily press briefing.  Now its manipulate the numbers.

It overwhelmed him and threatened his presidency, so he has made it a political fight through his proxies. Which it should not be.

No no no  Jim!  This is Katrina times 1000! Katrina was regional.  This was going to be bad. There was a serious  institutional  (CDC)problem around testing. But we had a chance to contain this better than California has! We had plenty of warning, dodged a bullet with the earliest California infections and also saw the growth of this starting in Europe.   Because of Trumps ineptness we've had to completely shut down our economy. We won't completely recover for a long while! We've piled on enough debt to make the Great Recession look cheap!

I remember during the impeachment trials you characterized  Bob Ness and I as looking at Trump as the "devil reincarnate".  I thought that was very pretentious on your part as I thought my criticism of Trump was rational and fact based. I remember Bob responded that Trump wasn't a catastrophe yet but maybe he could be in a second term.  That was pretty well what I thought. You've always minimized the Trump Presidency. I assumed most of it was because you were more concerned with damage control PR for Putin and that Trump might compromise him.(some were more concerned about it being the other way around) But that's all small l potatoes now. Now not only are we dealing with people's lives, we're going to have an economic tsunami for years!  

You also had pretty much swallowed the Trump disinfectant about Trump being a peace nik at the time. Of course this was before he took that foolish chance of killing Soleimani.  Obviously something would HC never have done being that Iran peace initiative was Obama's policy.

But it's still ongoing!  I look upon it as why did I pay all those years of Federal income Tax just to find the federal government abdicating it's responsibility and putting it off on the states  making them competitively bid against  each other for critical supplies, testing and PPE? It could have all been solved under the Defense Protection Act but  Trump's just  too timid to pull the trigger to just dictate to private industry to gear up. He waited now months! And now he's trying to overcompensate by keeping even virus infected meat packing industries open!

This was the worst timing imaginable. A "deep state"  anti government President who was preaching publicly against all his government advice about the virus  just to look defiant to his misguided political base.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

More sloppy research Robert. When you open up the link the cases are itemized so you're really comparing apples to oranges. As Jim pointed out in so many words earlier. "The corona virus destroys lungs but Doctors are finding its damage in Kidney's Hearts and elsewhere". And you can see that very headline in a recent Washington Post article that I'd post the link here but they want to make me pay for it and wouldn't let me open it.. Let's see tomorrow if the CDC comes out with an announcement that 25,000 people have risen from the dead or they made some accounting mistake and you'll be vindicated.

Robert said: How about millions of people, including me, telling the government to go "F" themselves when they ask for their contacts.

??????Uh, yeah well.  Talk is cheap Robert.  Put you're money where your mouth is and go out and commingle, if you must....just  don't tell them you know us!
If I was Robert I wouldn't worry too much about being asked for contacts. Those public health care professionals have a lot of experience and have a pretty good idea what they're looking at. My guess is one look from the doctors and they'll know Robert has no associations and probably got the virus from a pay phone booth. and  correctly conclude that he is the person that they would least want their daughters to enter his room unarmed, and prioritize his care  accordingly.

Robert's telling us that if he's diagnosed as positive, he won't tell doctors who he's contacted.  He's not a snitch and he's not going to snitch on the people he passed it to,  because he has their best interests in mind. He wants to protect their right to die.   
Robert's message is   "If I'm going down, you're all going down with me"  ----      
Wow, That"s admirable Robert!--a hundred  years from now in young children's school text books, You will be heralded as the Patrick Henry of the "Q anon" movement!                           
Pff...ha hah ha   o---hah ha ha ha BWA -HA HA! 
In the beginning  Robert just wanted to serve a cause greater than himself, but like Trump is realizing it's futile. To them, There is nothing greater than themselves!
Edited by Kirk Gallaway

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

No no no  Jim!  This is Katrina times 1000! Katrina was regional.  This was going to be bad. There was a serious  institutional  (CDC)problem around testing. But we had a chance to contain this better than California has! We had plenty of warning, dodged a bullet with the earliest California infections and also saw the growth of this starting in Europe.   Because of Trumps ineptness we've had to completely shut down our economy. We won't completely recover for a long while! We've piled on enough debt to make the Great Recession look cheap!

Now not only are we dealing with people's lives, we're going to have an economic tsunami for years!  

And now he's trying to overcompensate by keeping even virus infected meat packing industries open!

This was the worst timing imaginable. A "deep state"  anti-government President who was preaching publicly against all his government advice about the virus  just to look defiant to his misguided political base.

The G W Bush recession alone took years to fully recover.

What is happening now is 100X more devastating and will effect our lives and our children's and grandchildren's lives for 10 to 20 years!

Half the businesses in the country that have shut down will probably never be able to get through this and come back. 

And what will be the price for increasing our national debt by trillions of dollars to barely keep tens of millions of citizens from absolute insolvency and homelessness?

The rate of rent defaults is about to explode. My guess is to 25 to 30%!

Owners of these lost rent properties are going to demand a massive bailout from the feds themselves.

And Lindsey Graham just publicly stated that the extra $600 a month boost to unemployment checks will be continued "over my dead body" meaning he is going to end this aid to American's whose unemployment income is so low it can't even pay the rent.

The owners of lowest wage paying business's across America ran to Graham and demanded this with the scrooge mentality complaint that this extra $600 a month unemployment income boost is de-incentavizing and spoiling their workers from coming back to work for their slave wages.

So, Graham takes the side of 5% of Americans against the 25% to 30% who need that extra $600 to just keep up their rents and other bills.

Typical Republican cold blooded favoritism towards the minority better off versus the majority less so.

Joe,

Nobel Prize winning economist Joseph Stiglitz recently told the Guardian that the U.S. response to the COVID-19 crisis is like that of a Third World country.  Economist Thomas Piketty recently made similar remarks in a Democracy Now interview.

(And everyone knows that Lindsey Graham is one of America's biggest Banana Republicans.)

Top economist: US coronavirus response is like 'third world' country

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

So it's stop all the government relief effort. Wipe the slate clean and eliminate social spending. Wow at this point you'd have to have a massive police state to stop the riots. It is amazing what will get Trump's ear, and you do wonder what Trump might resort to if he saw there was no way he would get re elected.

This is a combo move: 

1.) Fox is pushing these two doctors from Bakersfield who run an Urgent Care in order to  lower the fatality rate and say CV 19 is not really that lethal

2.) Trump is using the Koch state network to organize these appeals to state houses, which the GOP has a decided advantage with.  That is supplemented by the street thugs.

Cannot help but wonder:  is there anything Trump will not do to get re-elected?

PS I am just waiting for Tucker Carlson to compare these rightwing militia guys to anti Vietnam protestors.  He probably already has.