The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

5 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

You mean “Mutated”

The nice lady with the scarves said it, not me.

• The White House's coronavirus task force response coordinator, Dr. Deborah Birx, said in a recent meeting that "there is nothing from the CDC that I can trust," The Washington Post reported on Saturday.

https://www.businessinsider.com/deborah-birx-cdc-comments-coronavirus-task-force-meeting-2020-5?r=MX&IR=T

If the prez is letting her talk, of course the CDC is more trustworthy than her.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Scroll down and look at her interview with Mcneil,

https://twitter.com/camanpour?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1260274348977532928&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftalkingpointsmemo.com%2F

When the Chinese visited Italy during the lockdown, they told the Italians, this is not a lockdown, this is a joke.

It seems Robert's tying to bury us with frequent longer posts.  Regarding lock down vs shelter in place this Canadian illegal immigrant Californian expresses his view.  Shut it down now to save the future?

16 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

In case anyone was wondering what Garland Park was:

https://www.seemonterey.com/listings/garland-ranch-regional-park/1806/

Joe are you friends or neighbors with Clint Eastwood?

I've seen Clint Eastwood in person maybe 10 times in my 67 years here.

Always from a distance. Never spoke to the man.

He owns the Mission Ranch resort and restaurant a mile South of downtown Carmel, which sits above and overlooks the mouth of the Carmel River and lagoon and with an unobstructed view of Point Lobos. They apparently have a good reputation for food and often someone is playing the piano next to the bar which is connected to the restaurant itself. Outdoor seating with that incredible view is available. Nice place. 

Years ago it was reported Clint used to come into the bar and sit and play the piano as well.

I don't think that happens anymore. He is one year shy of 90 now.

Years ago I heard he was fairly approachable. I just don't know anything about him otherwise.

I did see Doris Day 2 or so days a week for a few years. On those days she would arrive at mid-morning as her assistant would drive her to the entrance of her hotel here in downtown Carmel named the Cypress Inn so she could pick up her mail.

In a somewhat junky car, at least not fancy, Ms. Day would be totally dressed down and wearing a ball cap and sunglasses.

Ms. Day would never leave the car. It was my job to give her mail which was sent to the hotel. I would get it and walk down the front steps to the car and she would roll down her passenger side window, reach out and take her mail and say simply..."thank you."

Funny, in all the years I worked at the Cypress Inn, that is the only communication I ever had with Doris Day. She hardly ever came into the hotel personally ( maybe twice)  in my entire time there.

I did have the opportunity to talk one-on-one with her son Terry Melcher as he was part owner and came into the hotel from time to time.

What a great, friendly and down to earth person he was. Nobody was beneath him. He treated everyone with the same warmth and respect. His passing was tragic. Ms. Day never got over it from what I heard.

Of course living and working here on the Carmel/Pebble Beach side of the Peninsula for so long I have seen at least 100 famous persons here.

I can't say I ever spoke to any of them one-on-one.

It was neat to be able to come home from work at the Cypress Inn though and tell my wife I had seen up close these celebrities.

Carried Nick Clooney's luggage ( George Clooney's dad ) to his room once. Nice guy.

Pet sat Joel Grey's little chihuahua and Barbara Eden's Labra-Doodle at the hotel after hours.

In no particular order, here is a partial list of up close sightings over the years:

Eden and Grey and Clooney.

Betty White, Bruce Willis, Mark Wahlberg, Tom Hanks, Jane Seymour ( her own art show at a local gallery-stunningly beautiful in person ) Joan Baez, Alice Cooper ( he's a big time golfer) Alex Trebeck, Robert Englund, Bing Crosby, Phil Harris, Alice Faye,  Shelley Winters, Paul Anka, countless stars and athletes mostly at the AT&T golf tournament...Joe Montana, Mark McGwire, Jack Nicklaus, Johnny Miller, Reggie Jackson, Lawrence Taylor and on and on.

Politicians including a former mayor of L.A.. Sat his dog one evening. Leon Panetta who is from here.

Took care of a group for 5 days here at the Cypress Inn once as the concierge/bellman/valet. George Shapiro and family and secretary. Executive producer of Seinfeld.

I've lost track now.

Funny story. I was friends with several local restaurant owners here in Carmel or their managers as I referred guests out as the concierge. One day the owner of Da Giovanni's shared with me a previous night's odd pairing at one of his tables. Jerry Springer and...Sean Connery! Guess they were both golfing at our most prestigious private golf course...The Cypress Point Club.

I get a kick out of seeing celebrities, mostly because I get to come home and tell my wife about this. 

All done now though. Too old. Retired.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Hey Joe , good to hear you're recreating. I've been remembering my dreams lately and having some strange ones as well. I can certainly relate to being paranoid about door knobs or opening any doors. 

I drove by Garland park before and have always been turned off with all the cars. But once you get inside,  you can walk awhile and possibly not even see anybody. The first time I did the loops on the  ground level then I went to the waterfall, which is almost non existent now, but it is a pretty rock formation.Then I came back another day and went to Inspiration Point and over to "Mesa" something, a meadow with the pond where some people were fishing. It was completely awesome,  the weather was good and a pretty good workout.

The closest thing I've found up near me is Wilder Park which is near UC Santa Cruz. You get up about 1000 feet and you've got a great view across the Monterey Bay. But after hiking all the way up from the coast and back a couple of times. It is a bit of a climb up there so I started to do it with somebody else and 2 cars, where we could park on highway 1 and then drive in the second car up to the top and take a leisurely two and half hour hike down hill back down to the coast highway. It's like Garland with huge oak trees but with a lot of redwoods too. A lot of nice moss hanging from  the oaks in Garland and some really pretty little glens and canyons. Jim  mentions Eastwood, I remember when Dina Ruiz was a newscaster on channel 8 like you do, I'm sure, and then hearing that she was going to get married to him.

Anyway, good to hear you're making it through!---K

58 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

It seems Robert's tying to bury us with frequent longer posts.  Regarding lock down vs shelter in place this Canadian illegal immigrant Californian expresses his view.  Shut it down now to save the future?

What did the Pope have to say to an empty house?

49 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

What did the Pope have to say to an empty house?

Wow..... well uh. If this is the Neil Young "Battle of the Bands,  then "Shut the system down" is certainly more powerful than Wheeler in his New York City junkie phase!  (Though I do like "Needle and the Damage Done").

You convinced me Ron, "Shut the System Down" is much more hep than those bores who always have to do things to not feel worthless! And just want to resume doing the same boring things!

To save the future?? What future?--------- No man!

Let's be free!, let the Earth breathe! and the animals sing!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

OO7 and trash TV at a dinner table in Carmel? 

Talk about the Odd Couple.

You've been up there for 67 years?  Beautiful place: Monterrey, Carmel, Santa Cruz. 

DIdn't Mae Brussell live there? Did you listen to her show?

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

OO7 and trash TV at a dinner table in Carmel? 

Talk about the Odd Couple.

You've been up there for 67 years?  Beautiful place: Monterrey, Carmel, Santa Cruz. 

DIdn't Mae Brussell live there? Did you listen to her show?

Yes, of course. She was very well known here for a long time. Back at that time when home prices hadn't exploded and the rents were affordable we had a very large, young and progressive and liberal community here.

Very hippie-ish.

Some thought she was over-the-top.

However, I had a very open mind about what she reported in her constant local radio broadcasts.

At that time, it seemed very few knew her true background as a child of the I.Magnin family and her educational background. The only negative to me was she would talk so fast and go on for so long without any break or even a decent pause in her reporting. She could exhaust you in that way and she would throw out so much information with each broadcast, it was hard to keep up.

As I have mentioned, I watched Jack Ruby shoot Oswald on live TV on 11,24,1963. I was 12.

From that second on I have always believed there was much more to the JFK assassination than what the WC told us.

However, my entire life until about 30 was mostly a struggle to simply survive and pay the rent. I was extremely ill equipped to making a living beyond low wage manual labor work.

I married at 30 and was totally occupied simply being a working spouse and involved father until my mid-forties.

I mention this personal history to explain why it wasn't until after the age of 50 that I gave any time at all to studying the JFK, RFK and MLK assassinations with any reading.

My first books were Lane's "Rush To Judgement" and Garrison's "On The Trail Of The Assassins."

Hadn't read much more than that except excerpts of many others throughout the years. A crazy mix of Mailer to Marrs to whoever. Posner's "Case Closed" was in this mix as well.

Stone's "JFK"  reignited my interest and later the "Men Who Killed Kennedy" series.

Bugliosi's book was too long to read except in chunks, but it simply angered me with it's pompousness and being filled with constantly repeated personal insults of conspiracy believers.

Everything else I know I have learned from this forum or being directed to other readings from it.

I read contrary pieces like McAdams and random pieces from other WC propagandists as well when they pop up now and then.

I shouldn't be posting here except rarely and perhaps with just a few well pondered and coherent questions. I know my doing so dilutes the higher plane research content. 

Ahhh, but after years of simply reading everything as a non-member I finally broke mentally and took the leap into posting, figuring I might as well get some attention sharing regards "at least" my passion for the JFK, RFK and MLK truth even if it embarrasses me and lowers the forum's high research bar.

I know that's a very selfish indulgence but sometimes when you feel you might not have too many years left, you do crazy stuff you normally wouldn't do. Like telling someone at your 50th high school class reunion that you were madly in love with them back in school? 

I don't know. Just hoping we somehow get through this pandemic now more than anything.

What an odd and coldly inhumane way to be taken out in the end.

I will say this, the Chinese know how to both shut down and then trace:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/wuhan-testing-new-cluster_n_5ebb9596c5b6ae915a8c2f36

They are giving the world a lesson in it.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Great posts about Carmel, Joe.

Can't picture Alice Cooper playing golf, but it's fun to read about life among the celebrities on the California coast.

I have fond memories of rare vacation time in Santa Barbara, and watching seals at Point Lobos years ago.

Isn't Point Lobos located in a California State Park?

46 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Great posts about Carmel, Joe.

Can't picture Alice Cooper playing golf, but it's fun to read about life among the celebrities on the California coast.

I have fond memories of rare vacation time in Santa Barbara, and watching seals at Point Lobos years ago.

Isn't Point Lobos located in a California State Park?

William. Yes it is and was closed  last week, but I understand is open now. When I'm down there, I do what the locals do and park on Highway 1 and just walk in by the ranger booth. No one stops me.

Here you go: face mask embedded with "antibacterial nanotech."  Probably BS, but what if it they became introductory devices, normalizing the proximity of nanotechnologies to the body?

https://shopspacemask.com/?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral&tblci=GiBcbCuFFVz0sU8qWDHj3xTKOsAv0tz7WSWaKMXTat96CCD-0U4

Edited by David Andrews

I don’t know anyone who’s caught the covid, but nonetheless it’s cost me something near and dear — Major League Baseball is bringing the designated hitter to the National League.

It’s not a tragedy but I still find it tragic.

The biggest book hit on Amazon is Dr. Judy Mikovits' Plague of Corruption, which sounds like an Ozzy Osbourne title.  The book is an expose of vaccine murder and a teardown of Dr. Faucet, whom people seem to want to turn off because he's dripping all night.  See link to Rolling Stone story.

She's broken the internet.  When will the teardown of Dr. Judy begin?

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/plandemic-judy-mikovits-plague-of-corruption-998224/

Edited by David Andrews