The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

3 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Hopefully he's just threatening to settle the governors' hash if they don't call in the NG and do it themselves.

Look like he's going beyond that David.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-says-he-is-mobilizing-heavily-armed-military-to-stop-protests/ar-BB14Tw7o?li=BBnb7Kz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why the protests need to be day time only. The curfews are good. If Trump’s federal troops, or local cops, attack peaceful protestors in daylight, they will show their true colors to all. I disagree with whoever said this is nothing compared to 1968. Things have changed. 

They attacked Beverly HIlls:  wow.

https://abc7.com/the-grove-los-angeles-looted-stores-nordstrom/6222114/

Now that takes guts.  

When don't hey burn down Wall Street?  I will fly in for that one.  I will tell them to leave Wheeler alone since he doesn't buy the WC.

(Bob, I admit that Cuomo is not as good as his pub, but this is not about CV 19.  Its about Trump and civil rights.  Remember, he and his father would not rent to African Americans. )

Edited by James DiEugenio

10 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

They attacked Beverly HIlls:  wow.

https://abc7.com/the-grove-los-angeles-looted-stores-nordstrom/6222114/

Now that takes guts.  

When don't hey burn down Wall Street?  I will fly in for that one.  I will tell them to leave Wheeler alone since he doesn't buy the WC.

(Bob, I admit that Cuomo is not as good as his pub, but this is not about CV 19.  Its about Trump and civil rights.  Remember, he and his father would not rent to African Americans. )

The Beverly Hills stuff is similar to what happened in Scottsdale, Arizona over the weekend, where looters were breaking windows at posh stores, including a Mercedes Benz dealership.

Scottsdale?  Not exactly an impoverished, inner city neighborhood.

It seems like there is an element of class conflict in these riots-- like the storming of the Bastille-- which is not surprising in light of the current layoffs, high unemployment, and 1929-caliber wealth inequality in the U.S.

Read earlier that the curfew in Beverly Hills takes effect at 1:00 in the afternoon.  Seems a little early to me but I guess stop em before they get started.

Killed a skunk today.  Literally.  Double ought buckshot.  She was moving her kits closer to the house.  Glad I saw her while watering tomatoes and peppers, thank to the dog, who thankfully didn't get too close. 

12 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Read earlier that the curfew in Beverly Hills takes effect at 1:00 in the afternoon.  Seems a little early to me but I guess stop em before they get started.

Killed a skunk today.  Literally.  Double ought buckshot.  She was moving her kits closer to the house.  Glad I saw her while watering tomatoes and peppers, thank to the dog, who thankfully didn't get too close. 

What happened to the kits?

10 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Four new cases reported in Erath county day before yesterday.  Of 21 total.  That's 8 since re-opening.  After two weeks of no new ones before that,  a result of SIP for two months?

4 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

What happened to the kits?

One died with her.  They were all too small to survive without her.  I've nothing against skunks as long as they're not hanging round the house so to speak.  Unless we're talking about politicians as skunks.  They need their tails cut off (note, if someone doesn't know, skunks can't spray if they can't lift their tails, so a mammologist told me).

Read a blurb at the Democratic Underground today (with a document link) claiming that the Trump campaign is now promoting military camo MAGA hats for the "Trump Army."

I, sincerely, hope that this story isn't true.

Boogaloo dudes now trending on CNN:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/what-is-the-boogaloo-movement-the-gun-toting-members-showing-up-at-protests/ar-BB14ZWmJ?li=BBnbfcL

Come on baby dig that crazy soul
I know you're gonna lose control
You can do boogaloo
Anything that you want to

t ain't nothing but a party
(It ain't nothing but a party)
It ain't nothing but a house party

-- J. Geils Band

Edited by David Andrews

On 5/22/2020 at 11:10 AM, Pete Mellor said:

The antimalarial drug touted by Donald Trump as a treatment for the coronavirus has been linked to an increased risk of death in patients, according to the first major study into its use.

Maybe.  Maybe not.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine/study-authors-retract-influential-lancet-hydroxychloroquine-article-idUSKBN23B31W