The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

27 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Guardian article on transfer of DoD surplus military equipment to US police forces, curtailed by Obama, reinstated by Trump:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/05/why-are-some-us-police-forces-equipped-like-military-units

The graphic charts in the article are enlightening: the more equipment a county receives, the more civilians are expected to die.

Greek Riot Police Strikes Again by kickassia - Meme Center

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All 57 of these cops think it's ok to knock down an unarmed, unaggressive old man and leave him laying there unmoving and bleeding from the head?  Incredible.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/57-buffalo-officers-resign-from-emergency-response-team-after-two-cops-suspended/ar-BB156hh9?li=BBnbfcL

I think this is a legal tactic.  To make it seem like they all would  have done the same thing and were under orders to do so.

Since their first tactic was undermined by the cell phone they fell back to this.

In the one version (small snippet) of video I saw, two officers were approaching the man.  The officer to the older mans right pushed him violently down, the officer directly in front of him didn't seem to make contact.  The officer who was in front of the man appeared to attempt to stop and stoop down towards the fallen man.  The officer directly behind him pushed him forward in order to make sure he did not assist the man on the ground.  Two officers were fired.  My question would be, which two, the two in front (one of which showed empathy) or the one who pushed the man down and the one who pushed the officer forward before he could stoop down to help?  Or, did I not see the full extent of the interaction?

I've just spent bout 15 minutes in full screen clickng through it almost frame by frame so to speak.  The old man is never touched by the cop on the left. They are stopped and the old man is talking to that cop who does raise his left hand towards the old man seemingly telling him to stop as opposed to tryin to strike him.  At this time the cop on the right takes a step towards the old man and apparently says something to him because the old man turns first his head then his body towards this officer.  He raises his right hand to about stomach level almost like he is trying to shake hands.  But he does have something in it, doesn't seem to be a weapon, more like a piece of cloth or something else kind of hanging off the hand.  No matter, the cop doesn't seem to notice the gesture or hand at all, he's wading right into him pushes him down and walks on.  The original cop on the left does appear to pause and start to bend down but as Richard mentions the one behind him pushes him forward.  And they nearly all walk on by. Finally one stops and seems to talk into a microphone clipped to his pocket couple a of times.  Between their legs you get first a pretty gruesome view of bright read blood pooling in his ear.  Then a few frames later of a pool on the ground.  But he's not moving.  It goes on to show a small part of another confrontation of a protester with a sign.  In the last two "frames"  you see first a cop looking through his facemask directly into the camera (phone) lens, then in the last frame the face shield seems to be advancing towards the phone.  It's amazing the video made it out, I'm surprised it wasn't confiscated.  I guess that cop didn't realize what was on it as he was just coming up from the rear and probably didn't see the assault by the earlier one.  

The thing that concerns me the most at the moment is what happened to the old man.  It seems obvious he was knocked out, likely a concussion.  Is he in a coma, did it kill him.  it sure as hell could have.  The one cop shouldn't  have been just suspended, he should have been fired and arrested for assault at a minimum.

If the other 57 officers want to quit over this, good riddance.   Don't let the door hit you in the ass.  Kiss your income, insurance and retirement bye.  Loose your home, have to start taking food handouts, too bad.  Quit trying to kill old men.  Or go apply at Blackwater, they're probably hiring during these times.

5 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

All 57 of these cops think it's ok to knock down an unarmed, unaggressive old man and leave him laying there unmoving and bleeding from the head?  Incredible.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/57-buffalo-officers-resign-from-emergency-response-team-after-two-cops-suspended/ar-BB156hh9?li=BBnbfcL

More information and a second video angle:

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/06/05/simply-following-orders-57-members-of-buffalo-police-tactical-team-resign-from-unit-after-2-are-suspended-for-shoving-protester-and-leaving-him-bleeding-on-the-ground/

"The 57 officers have resigned only from the tactical unit and not the police force. They did so after the union said it would not pay legal fees to defend officers who run afoul of prosecutors during the protests."

Edited by Jeff Carter

1 hour ago, Jeff Carter said:

More information and a second video angle:

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/06/05/simply-following-orders-57-members-of-buffalo-police-tactical-team-resign-from-unit-after-2-are-suspended-for-shoving-protester-and-leaving-him-bleeding-on-the-ground/

"The 57 officers have resigned only from the tactical unit and not the police force. They did so after the union said it would not pay legal fees to defend officers who run afoul of prosecutors during the protests."

He "slipped and fell backward" my ass.  Get a medic. Back up, to whoever is filming it.  Better get an ambulance for him.  We have an EMT on scene.

What happened to Martin Gugino?  It's not exactly featured M$M news.

Some rare good news during this terrible week in American history...

(And I'm not referring to Trump's bogus BLS unemployment numbers from yesterday's bizarre press conference-- where he declared that "It's a great day for George Floyd!")

Condemning Police Conduct as 'Disgusting,' Federal Judge Bars Denver Cops From Using Chemical Weapons on Protesters

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/06/condemning-police-conduct-disgusting-federal-judge-bars-denver-cops-using-chemical

Edited by W. Niederhut

12 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

At this time the cop on the right takes a step towards the old man and apparently says something to him because the old man turns first his head then his body towards this officer.  He raises his right hand to about stomach level almost like he is trying to shake hands.  But he does have something in it, doesn't seem to be a weapon, more like a piece of cloth or something else kind of hanging off the hand.

Mr. Gugino is a local Catholic peace activist.  I think he was trying to hand the cop an anti-violence pamphlet.  His big mistake was touching the cop with it.  It seems like he was trying to keep the police from attacking the crowd of demonstrators we see later, at frame left, being assaulted.

The cops were mad at their union because it couldn't secure city payment of any possible officer legal fees.  If they were upset about legal representation, they must have felt that their mandate to clear the streets at all cost to civilians was going unsupported.

So, not a good day for community concern.  The cops egregiously took offense at a small group of protestors picketing in front of City Hall, and created violence. 

Why not roll up with a paddy wagon and make arrests instead?  A lot of misery could have been spared everyone by putting Mr. Gugino in zip-tie cuffs and sitting him gently down on the curb.

Edited by David Andrews

Mr Gugino appeared to have a police helmet in his left hand, maybe trying to give it back to the police. They all deserve to be sacked for letting him lie there unconscious in the street with blood streaming from his head. Thi is the cop whooshed him over. Should be locked up.

buffalo.png

Edited by Ray Mitcham

1 hour ago, Ray Mitcham said:

Mr Gugino appeared to have a police helmet in his left hand, maybe trying to give it back to the police. They all deserve to be sacked for letting him lie there unconscious in the street with blood streaming from his head. Thi is the cop whooshed him over. Should be locked up.

buffalo.png

Thanks, Ray.  I hadn't seen the video in this quality before.

Mr. Gugino clearly has a cell phone in his right hand.  I think that's a Coronavirus plastic face shield in his left hand.  If he had been returning a lost police helmet, that would have been an "officer down" situation, and the police response would have been much worse.

The New York Times online has the best video copy.

Edited by David Andrews

Mayor Brown of Buffalo, apparently confident that his officers haven't killed or disabled Martin Gugino, calls Gugino an "agitator" and says he instigated violence and property damage:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/06/buffalo-mayor-calls-protester-shoved-by-police-an-agitator/

Brown referenced violence, vandalism, looting and fires being set during protests in the city, then described Gugino as “a key and major instigator of people engaging in those activities” in remarks he made Friday.

Let me be the first to demand that Mayor Brown resign.

Oh, wait.  I'm standing in a long line:

https://buffalochronicle.com/2020/06/06/police-officers-begin-calling-for-mayor-browns-resignation/

Edited by David Andrews