The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Oh Karen.

Not only mock, but also make fun of those that do, and/or maliciously comply, like wearing a mask as a hat.

If I have learned one thing on this forum, it is that the unquestioned acceptance of the most transparent attempts by the MSM to spin a narrative away from reality means the least likely group to discover the truth behind the JFK Assassination are the bulk of the participants on the JFK Assassination Debate Education Forum.  

Karen?  Are you mocking me?  I've worn a mask with a cap but not a hat.  My hair's getting kind of wild, it's starting to look like Einstein's but I fear my wife cutting it in my sleep and loosing all my strength.  I don't know any Karen's other than this one.  Always enjoyed the guitar even though it's schmaltzy pop.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+carpenters+goodbye+to+love&view=detail&mid=7B7A6EEC4398EF2B28EC7B7A6EEC4398EF2B28EC&FORM=VIRE0&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dthe%2bcarpenters%2bgoodbye%2bto%2blove%26filters%3dufn%3a%22the%2bcarpenters%2bgoodbye%2bto%2blove%22%2bsid%3a%222ef2328a-4227-fa17-edd7-180355e8cc6e%22%2bcatguid%3a%22de15a900-2cf7-e01d-69ab-2a57616349dc_498707c2%22%2bsegment%3a%22generic.carousel%22%2bsecq%3a%22the%2bcarpenters%2bsongs%22%2bpsid%3a%22de15a900-2cf7-e01d-69ab-2a57616349dc%22%2bsupwlcar%3a%220%22%2bsegtype%3a%22U29uZw%3d%3d%22%26FORM%3dSNG1CR%26crslsl%3d972

You Can't Always Get What You Want.  What an inspiring way to end a political rally.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-rolling-stones-tell-trump-campaign-to-stop-playing-their-songs-at-rallies/ar-BB164owG?li=BBnbfcL

Never caught that late line before.  You can't always satisfy your greed.

On 6/19/2020 at 1:24 PM, Robert Wheeler said:

The Democrats do not have a candidate.

If Trump loses, you bet I will "cry" foul.

4000 gun purchase permits in one coastal, typically "red" voting, Jersey town in past three months according to the chief of police. Normally 15 to 20 per month.

Am I a Q follower. No, Q has quoted me though. I have tried to figure out how Q works on 4-Chan, but it is way too confusing to navigate. I do see Q related Twitter posts though.

White power groups. No, that is just weak Paul. It's a cop-out. If you met me personally, you would feel uncomfortable lumping me in with those types.

and 2nd amendment gun freaks. Until this year, I never owned, or felt the need to own, a firearm.

None of the above apply to me.

If Trump loses though, things are going to get very ugly, as they should.

Most of you guys (not just you Paul) are in a bubble.

You accept that a conspiracy killed JFK, RFK and MLK too; you have questions about the official Watergate MSM narrative; it does not surprise anyone here that the CIA sold Heroin in the 60's and Cocaine in the 80s (both in the 70s), and laugh at the suggestion that WTC 7 collapsed because  of office fires.

The idea that the FBI and CIA conspired to frame General Flynn to get to Trump is beyond comprehension. The idea that Shiff's impeachment debacle was nothing less than a second try at Trump is unfathomable for most here. Why?

If JFK to 9/11 was a continuum, did it end on 9/12?

What's this Karen bullsh-t?  

Wheeler:If I have learned one thing on this forum, it is that the unquestioned acceptance of the most transparent attempts by the MSM to spin a narrative away from reality means the least likely group to discover the truth behind the JFK Assassination are the bulk of the participants on the JFK Assassination Debate Education Forum.  

Yes, It's obvious you're not going to get discovered here.  So is this really good bye?

Since your entire intellectual premise has been  that children are direct clone lemmings of their parents, with no free wills of their own. Can we assume your Dad just pulled sh-t out of his ass in conversation to anybody he'd walk up to in the street and was seen as  just sort of a general crank to anybody he imaginatively thought of as an  authority figure?  Since we haven't learned anything from you either. Has this all just been a play to pity you for your powerlessness?

But in retrospect, I know this has been a heady crash course in enculturation for you. I do remember your one contribution. Since you don't really give a crap about the JFKA. You at least thought if you came up with anything culturally Kennedy, that you'd be a big hit here. But in how many times and in how many threads did we have  to see the 4th generation Kennedy clan sing that stupid song???? Only a complete "Q" fool would think that they were excited and laughing about Bush Sr's. death like you did. But then I understand the obsession with the Bush's after voting for them 4 times!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

10 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

You Can't Always Get What You Want.  What an inspiring way to end a political rally.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-rolling-stones-tell-trump-campaign-to-stop-playing-their-songs-at-rallies/ar-BB164owG?li=BBnbfcL

Never caught that late line before.  You can't always satisfy your greed.

Ron,

Speaking of the Stones, this is a follow up to my last Education Forum non sequitur about the ZZ Top documentary on Netflix.

(This should be subtitled, "How I Survived the Plague Year By Watching Pop Documentaries on Netflix.")

I survived last week by watching the Netflix series on Monty Python, Jakob Dylan's Echo in the Canyon, and the Keith Richards documentary-- a lot of interesting film clips and interviews of septuagenarian rock stars and comedians.

One of the biggest shockers for me was watching the film clip of Keith Richards and Mick Jagger recording Sympathy For the Devil for the Beggars Banquet album.  I've owned that vinyl LP for 50 years, but I had no idea that Keith played both the bass and guitar parts, while Mick was tapping on a small conga drum and singing behind a partition.  The song was originally recorded as a slow, tedious ballad, then evolved into the up tempo rock classic that we've all heard 1,000 times.

Edited by W. Niederhut

9 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

Speaking of the Stones, this is a follow up to my last Education Forum non sequitur about the ZZ Top documentary on Netflix.

(This should be subtitled, "How I Survived the Plague Year By Watching Pop Documentaries on Netflix.")

I survived last week by watching the Netflix series on Monty Python, Jakob Dylan's Echo in the Canyon, and the Keith Richards documentary-- a lot of interesting film clips and interviews of septuagenarian rock stars and comedians.

One of the biggest shockers for me was watching the film clip of Keith Richards and Mick Jagger recording Sympathy For the Devil for the Beggars Banquet album.  I've owned that vinyl LP for 50 years, but I had no idea that Keith played both the bass and guitar parts, while Mick was tapping on a small conga drum and singing behind a partition.  The song was originally recorded as a slow, tedious ballad, then evolved into the up tempo rock classic that we've all heard 1,000 times.

Keith's autobiography Life is much better than the documentary imo though I think I'll re watch it.  The first chapter floored me for personal reasons.  It's about Keith and two others being held but not arrested in Fordyce Arkansas July 5th 1975.  That night we went to the Cotton Bowl about 11:00 to see how big the crowd was camping outside waiting to get the best general admission seats when the gates opened at 10:00 the net morning.  Went home, changed clothes, got tickets, money cigarettes and other stuff and went back.  About 2 or 3 in the morning on someone seated nearby's transistor radio we heard Keith Richards had been arrested in Arkansas and he might not make it to the show or it might be postponed.  Somewhere around daylight they announced he'd been released and was on the way.  But his story of the day is downright crazy and funny.  Worth the price alone though the book gets much, much deeper.

In the link above did you notice Brian Jones playing shortly before he died?

Mick and Keith are in the documentary I mentioned in a prior post about Muscle Shoals which is pretty great itself.  They recorded I think Brown Sugar there, maybe something else.

Now I have to decide which first.  The dvd Ladies and Gentlemen The Rolling Stones of four concerts in Fort Worth and  Houston, 1972 Exile On Main Street tour (Keith Owns JJ Flash in this), or, Hampton Coliseum 1981.  The same show I was in the Cotton Bowl (again) that year.  

Tomorrow's a big day, Unless they put it off, The Supreme Court decides if Trump releases his taxes. If they decide he must, Trump could resist, but that would destroy any chance of his re election. I've heard someone speculating that he'd be better off bowing out and hoping for Pence to win the Presidency and pardon him. But there's not a chance Pence could win on the coattails of Trump!

Re:Covid. I've concluded a lot of the problem  with Americans coping with this crisis is that they're a bit lazy, and very undisciplined. But still in hindsight it's amazing!  They still could have been winners if they had just approached this with any degree of seriousness. They have the wealth to infuse the economy with money, ( though some could argue there will be a price to pay in the future.) but just as important, unlike other countries they have the mobility with their cars to go to places to relieve their stress. It's remarkable the resources a lot of Americans have to make the most of a lock down.

But they haven't established good habits, they don't wear masks. They emphasize their freedom, but freedom to do what? Think whatever silly thoughts come into their mind? A lot of stupid hoax thinking, and they're still hedging by underestimating the danger. So a lot of  them took the bitchy, whiny, defiant, undisciplined approach and followed blindly their President whose successfully politicized the Public Health. Yes it was so seductive, The easy way out, where they operate under the illusion that they were such "free thinkers." And we're all paying the price for actions of a minority.

Along the line of people getting fed up with people who at people who aren't taking this seriously.. I'm not much a Facebook guy, but I guess this is going viral, because I received it twice in the last 2 days. One from an acquaintance in Northern California and once from a friend in Tampa.

21 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

And speaking of Sympathy for the Devil, Many years ago I saw an incredible filmed version of this, and I’ve been unable to locate it since. I’m betting on one of you knowing what I’m referring to. In this video, Jagger is singing on a long runway or carpet, facing the viewer, while an audience of illustrious ones, including John Lennon and many other stars, surround this ‘stage’ while Jagger does his thing, moving towards and away from the camera. Anyone know where this was filmed? 

On 6/29/2020 at 12:01 AM, Cliff Varnell said:

Karen O!

It's an interesting song for its time when you think about it.  On one level, the Vikings serve as metaphor for Led Zeppelin's rapine and pillage of America; but the title brings back the not-far-gone days of Enoch Powell's white supremacist campaign in Britain, as if Lindisfarne were in danger of being despoiled again by the incursion of Pakistanis and West Indians that made Powell's blood boil. 

Who says Led Zep were dumb?  They look like genius compared to what's on tap today, which is starting to remind me more and more of the record shop Alex visits in A Clockwork Orange.

Edited by David Andrews

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

And speaking of Sympathy for the Devil, Many years ago I saw an incredible filmed version of this, and I’ve been unable to locate it since. I’m betting on one of you knowing what I’m referring to. In this video, Jagger is singing on a long runway or carpet, facing the viewer, while an audience of illustrious ones, including John Lennon and many other stars, surround this ‘stage’ while Jagger does his thing, moving towards and away from the camera. Anyone know where this was filmed? 

Maybe this 1968 Circus version?  You see Lennon dancing at about 4:55.

https://my.mail.ru/mail/bebox58/video/11526/13881.html

On 6/30/2020 at 6:42 AM, David Andrews said:

Who says Led Zep were dumb?  They look like genius compared to what's on tap today, which is starting to remind me more and more of the record shop Alex visits in A Clockwork Orange.

Good one!

“Who you getten bratty, Goggly Gogol? Johnny Zhivago? The Heaven Seventeen?”

Heaven 17

Edited by Cliff Varnell

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Maybe this 1968 Circus version?  You see Lennon dancing at about 4:55.

https://my.mail.ru/mail/bebox58/video/11526/13881.html

That’s it Ron - thanks.

Jagger is still the greatest, and wonderful to see Lennon grooving.

Not the kind of headline I wanted to read this evening, another record.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-breaks-record-with-nearly-7000-new-coronavirus-cases/ar-BB16aAgh?li=BBnb7Kz

I read an article in the Austin American Statesman today about how football might save us all.  It's such a big deal here from Friday Night Lights to Longhorns-Aggies-Bears-Raiders- froggies to Cowboys that them not being able to play might shock enough to reality to turn the tide.  To mask, stay home or more.  I don't think it will work with younger people in particular.  Ever partied in a pasture around a bonfire?

https://www.statesman.com/sports/20200629/goldenrsquos-nuggets-football-is-best-dangling-carrot