The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

Too bad you had to. come back William.  Personally I would like to live in the mountains.  Or at least have a second home in Big Bear.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Too bad you had to. come back William.  Personally I would like to live in the mountains.  Or at least have a second home in Big Bear.

It was refreshing to get away from the smog and 90-100 degree F heat of the city, and equally refreshing to get away from the grim daily COVID news in Trumptopia.

My only complaint is that the area where our old family cabin is located has been overrun in recent years by people driving dirt bikes, ATVs, and weird-looking RZR vehicles* that remind me of that post-Apocalyptic Mel Gibson movie The Road Warrior.  (The main difference is that the RZR drivers don't have Mohawk haircuts and shoulder pads.)  🤥

All New 2015 Polaris RZR 900 Lineup

Welcome back William!

I had a local problem with atv's  near my house. The biggest problems involved kids maybe 10-14, in the off season pulling wheelies along hiking paths  in the mud . and creating big ruts where the footing became very difficult.

Nice picture. It's funny, upon booting up today, I was greeted with a beautiful picture of Maroon  Bells, which i had never heard of is 100 miles from Denver.

For my curiosity, when you say it got cold at 10,000 feet in later July. How cold is that? ( I have a fascination with those things. I have a round figure I'm thinking of. 5 or 0's!)

4 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Welcome back William!

I had a local problem with atv's  near my house. The biggest problems involved kids maybe 10-14, in the off season pulling wheelies along hiking paths  in the mud . and creating big ruts where the footing became very difficult.

Nice picture. It's funny, upon booting up today, I was greeted with a beautiful picture of Maroon  Bells, which i had never heard of is 100 miles from Denver.

For my curiosity, when you say it got cold at 10,000 feet in later July. How cold is that? ( I have a fascination with those things. I have a round figure I'm thinking of. 5 or 0's!)

Kirk,

Aspen and the Maroon Bells are only 40 miles (as the crow flies) from my family's old cabin in the former ghost town of Tincup, Colorado, but separated by an almost impassable wagon road (Taylor Pass) and HUGE differences in socio-economic status-- middle class families (Tincup) and billionaires (Aspen.)

The last time I camped out for a few nights in the remote wilderness of the upper Taylor River valley with my daughters a few years ago, we heard Lear jets flying into the Aspen airport, non-stop, all night on Friday, and flying out on Sunday.

The temperatures up there were dropping down to the low 40s in the evenings, with daytime highs ranging from 60 to 70 last week.

Burr.  Where's my jacket?  Nice to get out of the 90's here by dark, below the 80's by daylight.  Jut a respite would be nice.  I'm coming W if the Good Lord's Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise.  It may be September before I get there, but it's still in the 90's in Texas then.

Our former department head's been sheltering and fishing in in Creede the last three months in his 5th wheel, been going there for years.  The current one just got back from a week in Lake City at his shared family small house there.

They do the near 800 miles non stop other than gas and to pee or grab a bite to go.  I can't handle that anymore.  Found a old refurbished retro motel outside Salida, rated high on tip advisor with rooms you pull up to.  No hallways, stairs to deal with, same thing on the way.  Hotel microwaved food, drive thru or take out, maybe one patio on the river in Salida.  Cabin in South Fork for three nights.  Covered porch with swing and glider, choices?  A stove means Bacon for such an occasion in such times! 

15 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Journal wise.  Let's try hydroxy, again.  Per the prez.

And now the most moronic Never-Masker in Congress, Louis Gohmert, has tested positive for COVID.

There's an Email at the Democratic Underground today from one of his staffers about Gohmert's harassment of anyone wearing masks in his office.

The only good news is that Gohmert was in close contact with Bill Barr this week.  🤥

BTW,  a reliable poster on FB says that the guys in Portland are part of the Border Patrol.  Except they are the equivalent of the Swat Team, in other words, they are the guys sent in in emergencies.  To me, this means they are the worst of the worst.

There was also an eyewitness who gave a report; she says essentially what Van Ness did: all this commotion is going on within a two block area near the federal court house.  If you are four blocks away, if it were not for the noise, you would never notice it.  So there is no danger at all to the city at large.  She also said that once there is a direct confrontation, the DHS guys target the medics so the injured party gets no attention.

One woman was thrown to the ground and then transported to detention and stayed there for 18 hours, while injured.  She got one meal that was so awful looking she would not eat it. Finally, a public defender heard about her case and got her out.

From its inception, with that executive order on buildings, this has been a huge provocation.  Policing is a local matter by law. The mayor can call in for help to the governor for the  National Guard.  To my knowledge that was bypassed.  Either that, or the mayor and governor never thought it was necessary.

My question is:  was this Trump's idea, or was it Barr's?  I would like to know. Or was it Bannon or Stone? Could they be this obtuse? Because, IMO, as a piece of political propaganda all the indications are that it is backfiring. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

If this story is true then I guess Trump was reading the same polls I was:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/portland-federal-officers-leave_n_5f21980fc5b66a5dd6381978

What do Harvard Experts know that the Whitehouse doesn't, about the same statistics?  Maybe what might be coming this fall?  I hope not.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/these-13-states-need-to-lock-down-now-according-to-harvard-coronavirus-experts/ar-BB17nyxO?li=BBorjTa

That is a good article Ron.  The interview with Fauci at the end is the payoff.

Trumps economic advisor has been around forever. He' always been totally out of touch. He takes in almost economic indicators really except the movement of the stock market. 

WAPO:

The Washington Post logo Public health experts issue urgent call for change of course as U.S. economy tanks

"Public health experts called for urgent new measures Thursday to halt the spread of the coronavirus amid warnings the U.S. economy is in a historic and devastating contraction as covid-19 is killing Americans at the rate of about one every minute."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/public-health-experts-issue-urgent-call-for-change-of-course-as-us-economy-tanks/ar-BB17ojz3?li=BBnb7Kz

TRUMP HAS KILLED MORE AMERICANS THAN LBJ AND NIXON COMBINED.