The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ned, (William Hurt) has a sizzling hot affair with a married woman, (Kathleen Turner), when he meets her and her husband (Richard Crenna) a local mobster at a restaurant.

250,000 bikers are descending on Sturgis, South Dakota today for the 80th annual motorcycle rally up there, from August 7-16th.

It's mind-boggling that the Governor of South Dakota is allowing this to happen.

Many of these bikers are older guys-- a higher risk group for COVID morbidity and mortality.

The tragedy of this 250K COVID vector from Sturgis probably won't be fully apparent for another 3-6 weeks, (and beyond, in their contacts.)

10 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

250,000 bikers are descending on Sturgis, South Dakota today for the 80th annual motorcycle rally up there, from August 7-16th.

It's mind-boggling that the Governor of South Dakota is allowing this to happen.

Many of these bikers are older guys-- a higher risk group for COVID morbidity and mortality.

The tragedy of this 250K COVID vector from Sturgis probably won't be fully apparent for another 3-6 weeks, (and beyond, in their contacts.)

I think Sturgis might qualify as a super spreading event.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/why-the-coronavirus-is-more-likely-to-superspread-than-the-flu/ar-BB17HFGP?li=BBorjTa

12 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I can only shake my head in disbelief...  😟

Is it mainly a result of sheer ignorance, or of grandiosity-- narcissistic delusions of invulnerability?

Sturgis Motorcycle Rally We're Goin' Hog Wild!!!

8fb5f65817064e4e97985c81dbbbb3a2_md.jpg

https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/08/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-draws-huge-crowd-local-bar/

August 8, 2020

Edited by W. Niederhut

On 8/7/2020 at 12:30 PM, W. Niederhut said:

The Governor of South Dakota wouldn't try to stop it if she could.  I already posted this in the 56 years thread, RE - JFK instead (?) so probably shouldn't re link here.  But it shows how Governor Noem kisses up to the prez.  No masks or anything else required.  This, schools, Labor Day partying and football may well fuel the 300,000 dead by Christmas some are now predicting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-white-house-reportedly-asked-south-dakotas-governor-how-to-add-another-president-to-mount-rushmore-and-she-later-gave-trump-a-4-foot-replica-with-his-face-on-it/ar-BB17JAqt?li=BBnb7Kz

Nice one by Biden. 

Biden should get in an exercise regimen.Do 5 pull ups, 10 pushups, whatever he can do well in gym clothes... And dare Trump to do the same. Do photo ops.Make a joke about it, sort of tongue in cheek. let's see you do this! Can you imagine what Trump would look like attempting to exercise!. Then Biden can hold Trump's sh-tty diet over him and be seen eating a plate of vegetables and dare Trump to do likewise. 

Bill Maher's been getting more attention for being one of the first to say Trump my not leave office. Though it's always been  on a lot of people's minds. This is an interview with Colonel Larry Wilkerson who voices his  suspicions and fears. Speculates about who in the military may be behind or not behind Trump in case he contests the election. I tried to cue it but it starts at 3:45. Video quality is poor, best I could find.

Mark Cuban and Lebron have an idea of  using stadiums to set up 300 voting stations vote? Sounds cool!.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

One of the best articles I have seen on how Trump exacerbated CV 19 to the point it was out of control.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/08/trump-coronavirus-deaths-timeline.html?fbclid=IwAR1Faet5Ws3v6HpibN3SsXtMjMQiJzR8XwgYubLxGMaDQn9ndtjKHSyF34U

As the Plague Rages.  Ignore it.  Forget it.  It's nothing. It's almost past.  Numbers are going down

Well maybe not. 7 day new cases are up.  Still, over 50,000 new cases a day?

I've seen frat's and sisters not masking or distancing, setting the example for the fish, recruiting them.  Already on campus.

Edited by Ron Bulman