The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

50 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Interesting how this plague journal thread has morphed into a protests/riots theme that Wheeler's trying to dominate.  

Trying?

Good to see you typed something instead of dropping a link to your bing search; I thought you were a bot.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

In the meantime, the CDC says only 6% of Covid related deaths were Covid only deaths. That is, 94% of the deaths also had a co-morbidity.

Boy are people going to be pissed off when they find out the whole economic shut down was for nothing.

I don't think they are going to blame the Orange man.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/cdc-expands-list-of-those-with-higher-covid19-risks
The agency is 
warningTrusted Source that people with type 2 diabetes, kidney disease, COPD, whole organ transplants, obesity, sickle cell disease, and women who are pregnant could experience more severe outcomes if they contract COVID-19. </q>

Over 30 million Americans have type 2 diabetes.

According to the Yellow-Bellied Jersey Loon they are expendable.

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Nothing would undermine Trump's phony "law and order" candidacy more than the protesters taking a break during the next 70 days.  For one thing, Trump wants frightened white people to think that this election is about race and riot control.  (He can't very well run on his COVID disaster and $3 trillion dollar budget deficit for 2020.)

I agree William, Besides, How far can white protestors realistically  convince people that they are more outraged about racial injustice than the actual victims themselves?

The polls are starting to reflect that. Some would think that with this newest Blake incident of injustice that public understanding for protesting will revive, but that's wishful thinking and it won't rebound to the point it was before.
You may get a very short term bounce. But I agree the best show of unity now would be to acknowledge you're going home for the unity of the country, and to focus their energies toward getting out an expedient timely voter turnout.

Despite a suggestion I heard. I don't think Biden has any power to go there and diffuse it. And I wonder about Bernie's ability to move the needle.

One factor I can't know about is what is the general amount of damage to public property where's there's largely peaceful protest going on in relatively small areas and riots aren't breaking out like they are in Kenosha. But the Dems can't assume to be cool about it forever.
1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Interesting how this plague journal thread has morphed into a protests/riots theme that Wheeler's trying to dominate.  

You have made 267 posts Ron.

Andrews has the 2nd highest with 150.

Talk about dominating the thread.

Since you are taking a quantity over quality approach, you might want to avoid regurgitating the same April 2020 Covid narrative you seem to be stuck on and get up to speed on some more recent happenings.

Then maybe you wouldn't feel so dominated.

40 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Trying?

Good to see you typed something instead of dropping a link to your bing search; I thought you were a bot.

Yeah trying.  You respond to any post by any others negatively, trying to belittle them.  Tired of your bs,  Never used ignore before but you win.  I'll keep posting about the plague.  I do wonder if you have assistant's, quick as your often long responses are.  Guess I'll never know.

1 minute ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yeah trying.  You respond to any post by any others negatively, trying to belittle them.  Tired of your bs,  Never used ignore before but you win. I'll keep posting about the plague.  I do wonder if you have assistant's, quick as your often long responses are.  Guess I'll never know.

3 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I belittle you because you are so bad at this but your liberal hubris prevents any self reflection.

There are 8 other guys here all blaming their same hurt feelings on Trump and then there is me. Since I’m the one that is outnumbered my comments often lack the sensitivity and compassion that 8 lefty leaning types have the capacity to consider when composing their comments. 

Do me a favor, ask some of the other guys here if I have any assistants. They know I have zero. 

Then, put me on ignore.

Then ask them why they don’t put me on ignore. They won’t tell you, but it’s something worth pondering.

Finally, I’ll put you on ignore. 270+ comments on this thread, most are just a nondescript URL; I’m thinking I won’t miss much.

Hopefully I'll be in cooler Colorful Colorado by this time next weekend.  105 Thursday, 103 yesterday and today, 101 tomorrow, 100 Monday.  Sucks when the low is 81.  I think that prez theory about the plague going away in the warmer months has fizzled. 

It took our county of less than 40,000, town of 20,000 over four months to hit 100 cases  Now 50 in a week after k-12 starts back and college as well with frat parties.  Real result of that coming in the next week or two.  Meanwhile Football has started and we have Labor Day weekend parties coming. 

I'm still isolating as much as I can and will continue to on my temporary escape.

11 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Then ask them why they don’t put me on ignore. They won’t tell you, but it’s something worth pondering.

When a right-winger declares civil war I’m game.  Hiding behind an ignore button when it’s Game On is sheer cowardice.

31 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

When a right-winger declares civil war I’m game.  Hiding behind an ignore button when it’s Game On is sheer cowardice.

I'm not a coward Cliff.  Tired of wasting time on his bs as such get's old.  Though I do realize such propaganda should be countered.  I feel I'm being baited.  Not biting, playing his silly game anymore.

32 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I'm not a coward Cliff. 

I wasn’t referring to you Ron, at all. 

Tired of wasting time on his bs as such get's old.  Though I do realize such propaganda should be countered.  I feel I'm being baited.  Not biting, playing his silly game anymore.

Wheeler picks a fight and then hides behind his ignore button.  Yeah, the whole thing *is* childish, but I can’t help finding it amusing.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

image.thumb.jpeg.28f70d4c161ce6e12f53052d486406a3.jpeg

Edited by Cliff Varnell
51 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I'm not a coward Cliff.  Tired of wasting time on his bs as such get's old.  Though I do realize such propaganda should be countered.  I feel I'm being baited.  Not biting, playing his silly game anymore.

Upon reflection, Ron, I think you’re entirely correct.  I’m going to follow your lead and put Wheeler on ignore.  It’s the only adult thing to do.

Posted (edited)
On 8/28/2020 at 7:02 PM, W. Niederhut said:

It's pretty obvious by now that Trump's political strategy is to profit from the conflict and division-- aligning himself with the ethnic majority.*

A responsible, moral POTUS would condemn the violence by both factions -- as Obama did when the Ferguson riots erupted.

Interestingly, when Obama denounced the looting and mob violence in his Ferguson address to the nation, saying, "There's no excuse for violence," Fox News deliberately edited those comments out of their coverage of his speech.

* Trump Ducks Question About Accused Teen Shooter In Kenosha

The president needs another 48 hours to figure out what to say about killings that happened four days earlier. But Trump Jr. retweets a message supporting Kyle Rittenhouse.

Edited by W. Niederhut