The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

On 10/31/2020 at 12:26 PM, Ty Carpenter said:

How do you turn a post about the passing of an actor into a bitchfest about the Trump administration? Generally curious how one links those two together. 

I was humorously inspired by David Andrew's post above mine doing exactly the same thing.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I was humorously inspired by David Andrew's post above and before mine doing exactly the same thing.

What's a little humor here compared to Trump's tweeting to 100 million Americans "I LOVE TEXAS" in response to one of his encouraged highway vigilante teams terrifying the driver and passengers in the Biden Campaign bus in Texas?

Watching the video of Trump's boys encircling Biden's campaign bus so dangerously close while they are all moving on the highway reminded me of the scary highway vigilante Mel Gibson film "Mad Max!"

This thread actually needs a little humor to balance out it's heaviness.

And what figure in America has a more central and influential role in this plague year than Trump?

Edited by Joe Bauer

9 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

"I think the facts are going to overtake any political dialogue very quickly".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/gottlieb-predicts-thanksgiving-will-be-inflection-point-for-winter-coronavirus-surge/ar-BB1aAKqS?li=BBnb7Kz

Is Scott Gottlieb related to Sidney Gottlieb?

And is COVID-19 another MK-Ultra experiment gone bad?  🤪

10 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

"I think the facts are going to overtake any political dialogue very quickly".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/gottlieb-predicts-thanksgiving-will-be-inflection-point-for-winter-coronavirus-surge/ar-BB1aAKqS?li=BBnb7Kz

Is Scott Gottlieb related to Sidney Gottlieb?

http://www.allgov.com/news/top-stories/commissioner-of-the-food-and-drug-administration-who-is-scott-gottlieb-170424?news=860154

Gottlieb is from New Jersey. He grew up in East Brunswick, son of Stanley, a psychiatrist, and Marsha Gottlieb. Gottlieb attended Wesleyan University in Connecticut, where he was editor of the school paper, and graduated with a B.A. in economics in 1994. He worked for a year as an investment banking analyst at Alex Brown and Sons before going to medical school. Gottlieb attended Mount Sinai School of Medicine at NYU, earning his M.D. in 1999 and finishing his residency in internal medicine there in 2002.

Meanwhile...while we were all distracted...the historic Hitler Rant meme on YouTube (adapted from the movie Downfall) has caught up with the age of Covid and Trump.  There are several variations.  There'll be more after the election, assuming we can laugh about it:

I can't resist one more: this one has some great lines.

A Covid-19 vaccine being developed by Pfizer and Germany’s BioNTech has been found to be more than 90 per cent effective, in a major breakthrough that could make the shot available for use by the end of the year if drug authorities give it the green light.

The finding was the result of the first independent analysis of any Covid-19 vaccine in phase 3 trials — the final stage before commercial licensing. The study found that 94 participants who received the two-dose vaccine were protected against the disease 28 days after their first inoculation.

130 of Trump's Secret Service Agents and multiple members of Trump's inner circle, including Mark Meadows and Corey Lewandowski, are now COVID positive.

And the epidemic is surging in the U.S.

The whole nation needs to pull the emergency brake.  I don't think I'd fly on a commercial flight over Thanksgiving or otherwise for all the tea in China.  But many will.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/california-pulling-emergency-brake-to-slow-record-surge-of-covid-cases/ar-BB1b4jpK?li=BBorjTa

Pfizer applies for FDA emergency use authorization for coronavirus vaccine

https://www.axios.com/

Pfizer and Germany's BioNTech said that they applied on Friday for an FDA emergency use authorization for their coronavirus vaccine.

Why it matters: This could set the stage for initial vaccine distribution in the U.S. by mid-to-late December. It also comes less than two weeks after Pfizer released efficacy data for its vaccine, and just days after releasing safety data — which suggests that fellow vaccine developer Moderna may apply for its emergency use authorization around Thanksgiving.

Edited by W. Niederhut