The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

The herpetologist in the office next door to mine took the university's suggested free test.  It came back positive.  He's experiencing symptoms now.  We spoke twice on Tuesday and Wednesday from office doors, 6' away, one masked both times.  We're not close but he's a friend.  Got his PhD from my alma mater.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How Trump Sold Failure to 70 Million People

The president convinced many voters that his response to the pandemic was not a disaster. The psychology of medical fraud is simple, timeless, and tragic.

DONALD_TRUMP_SNAKE_OIL_FOR_WEB_FEB_24_20

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/11/trump-voters-pandemic-failures/617051/

Edited by W. Niederhut

Overshadowed by the election. People keep dying.  Many needlessly, through ignorance.

New York Restaurant Diners Chant 'F*** Cuomo' Over COVID Restrictions as Thanksgiving Nears (msn.com)

Surging Now?  1-2 weeks after Thanksgiving?  Christmas shopping and parties.  Christmas eve, dinners, day.  Happy New Years.

Here's a good overview article about the Pfizer, Moderna, and Astra Zeneca COVID vaccines.

WaPo is publishing this for free.  (I can post the article here if it's blocked.)

What you need to know about the AstraZeneca, Moderna and Pfizer vaccines

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/11/17/covid-vaccines-what-you-need-to-know/?arc404=true

Edited by W. Niederhut

On 11/26/2020 at 9:20 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Neil Gorsuch's majority opinion in this case is absurd-- or, at least, unscientific.  He doesn't understand the biology and physics of aerosol COVID infestation.

Meanwhile, look at this precedent.

From the Supreme Court over 100 years ago...

“The Constitution does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint. A community has the right to protect itself against an epidemic, and its members may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand.” Jacobson vs Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11, 7-2 majority

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

From the Supreme Court over 100 years ago...

“The Constitution does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint. A community has the right to protect itself against an epidemic, and its members may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand.” Jacobson vs Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11, 7-2 majority

Wow!

Idiot conservative SCOTUS justices!  (The current ones.)  Morons.

The Jacobson decision makes sense both legally and morally, but the world seems to be filled with "me firsters" who prefer personal freedom to community safety.

How many travelled over the Thanksgiving holiday? How many demonstated/ rioted in London today, without masks or social distancing? How many people are crowd funding a restaurant owner in Toronto who was forced to close due to public health restrictions over covid? 

How many new covid cases are there per day? How many more deaths? Most countries are losing the covid fight, yet people are not concerned. Yes, the economic disaster is terrible, life destroying for many, but what will happen when hospitals and healthcare systems collapse?  "Give me my freedom because I am invulnerable and I don't care if you die." seems to be mantra of many. 

This will continue to play out after vaccines arrive, because of ignorance, fear, and politics. 

It is refreshing to see the many enlightened comments here and on this forum. 

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Aerosol COVID Transmission But Were Afraid to Ask...

https://scitechdaily.com/social-distancing-isnt-enough-to-prevent-infection-how-to-detect-covid-19-super-spreaders/

Edited by W. Niederhut

23 hours ago, Robert Montenegro said:

poopoo

No dooky?

Apparently auto correct now prefers the above to xxxx as a replacement for the s word.

Edited by Ron Bulman

23 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

No dooky?

Apparently auto correct now prefers the above to xxxx as a replacement for the s word.

I had so much to contribute to this forum.

However if censorship is going to prevail, I have no choice but to stop posting. 

Shame, I thought I was helping, and it seemed so, to the point that I received praise from some heavy hitters in the Kennedy murder research community.

Oh, well, maybe I can submit articles to the KennedysAndKing site.  

14 minutes ago, Robert Montenegro said:

I had so much to contribute to this forum.

However if censorship is going to prevail, I have no choice but to stop posting. 

Shame, I thought I was helping, and it seemed so, to the point that I received praise from some heavy hitters in the Kennedy murder research community.

Oh, well, maybe I can submit articles to the KennedysAndKing site.  

Robert, I take full responsibility for this situation. 

A fellow regular poster, resentful over the number of times I've dropped the F-bomb (Fascist) on his ass, invited me to drop the N-bomb on him. 

"Okay.  You're a [N-bomb].  Happy?"

I was properly read out for dropping the N-bomb on the guy, and thereafter the N-bomb was changed to pooh-pooh.

It's a matter of decorum, not censorship.

At least keep posting tunes on the Olive Branch thread!  Is there a song you like by a band you don't otherwise like -- for instance...?