The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We gathered the day after thanksgiving for my sister-in-law's birthday knowing it would be her last as she was terminally ill with lung cancer, going downhill fast.  Thankfully no one turned up positive out of about 15.  Went to her funeral last Saturday.  No reports so far of anyone with symptoms, 30-40 there.  Mostly masked but far from all.

Now for Christmas Sunday at the mother-in-law's.  Even if I back out the wife will  go and take grandkids.

Merry ‘Covid Christmas’? (msn.com) 

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

We gathered the day after thanksgiving for my sister-in-law's birthday knowing it would be her last as she was terminally ill with lung cancer, going downhill fast.  Thankfully no one turned up positive out of about 15.  Went to her funeral last Saturday.  No reports so far of anyone with symptoms, 30-40 there.  Mostly masked but far from all.

Now for Christmas Sunday at the mother-in-law's.  Even if I back out the wife will  go and take grandkids.

Merry ‘Covid Christmas’? (msn.com) 

You get the option of not going to your mother in law's? That is a pretty good deal.

1 hour ago, Ty Carpenter said:

You get the option of not going to your mother in law's? That is a pretty good deal.

Not exactly, if I want harmony.  And, if I don't go, they will bring back anything there so I'm kinda screwed either way.

9 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

The Republican "herd immunity" strategy is, obviously, working brilliantly.

Whoa!  Our house just shook really really hard.

Somewhere close a good sized earthquake just hit.

I haven't felt a jolt that hard since the 7.0 Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989 when the entire Bay Area was massively damaged with portions of the Bay Bridge falling into the ocean, freeway collapses, World Series stopped, etc.

Our entire house was jolted with wall creaking, closet door shaking force.

It may be closer to us than the Bay Area to our North. We have continuous earthquake activity along our San Andreas fault all up and down the Hollister to Tres Pinos line.  If this was close it felt like a 5 to 6 seismic jolt at least.  This one shook me up.

Just read the latest report. A 4.3 quake in Soldedad, CA. That's just 30 miles East of us here in Monterey, Ca as the crow flies.  Sure felt stronger to me.

That is close.  Another 3.4 quake hit just an hour or two earlier in Lone Pine, CA. That's inland and South.  A 3.5 quake hit off of San Francisco in the ocean West just yesterday as well.

Wonder what the Earthquake experts are seeing with this trifecta of decent California shakers the last two days?

Edited by Joe Bauer