The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Interesting analysis, and a methodology that could also be applied to the morbidity and mortality stats for the victims -- foreign and domestic-- of our "War on Terror" since 9/11.

This post is not about the plague, but it is about the disastrous plague year here in Colorado.

Rocky Mountain National Park is now on fire, and they have evacuated the towns of Grand Lake and Estes Park, on the west and east sides of RMNP. 

I didn't get the alert in time yesterday to drive up to Estes Park to retrieve things from my in-law's cabin.

The National Forests along the entire Front Range from Denver to Fort Collins were closed to the public earlier this week.

It's an unprecedented disaster out here.

The only good news is that a cold front just moved into the state and it's supposed to snow Sunday, with temperatures around zero in the high country.

11 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

This post is not about the plague, but it is about the disastrous plague year here in Colorado.

Rocky Mountain National Park is now on fire, and they have evacuated the towns of Grand Lake and Estes Park, on the west and east sides of RMNP. 

I didn't get the alert in time yesterday to drive up to Estes Park to retrieve things from my in-law's cabin.

The National Forests along the entire Front Range from Denver to Fort Collins were closed to the public earlier this week.

It's an unprecedented disaster out here.

The only good news is that a cold front just moved into the state and it's supposed to snow Sunday, with temperatures around zero in the high country.

It does relate.  Those evacuated from Estes Park in particular have to travel, stay elsewhere, interact with others they wouldn't have otherwise.  Increasing their chances of transmission.  They can't shelter in place during a third wave.

California can certainly relate the last couple of years.  So can I.  My parents lost their retirement home on the lake in a forest fire in  1989.  Thankfully they were away that day.  Things were never the same.  Loosing animals and possessions is tough. 

It almost makes you wonder does it not?

Scott Atlas is clearly Trump's go to guy on this issue today.

He is not an epidemiologist.  He is a radiologist.

But he advocates for herd immunity.  I think Trump might be moving for this without actually saying it.  And I  wish Biden had addressed the issue last night.  Because if that is what the Trump/Atlas agenda really is , they should say it.

Edited by James DiEugenio
10 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

It almost makes you wonder does it not?

Scott Atlas is clearly Trump's go to guy on this issue today.

He is not an epidemiologist.  He is a radiologist.

But he advocates for herd immunity.  I think Trump might be moving for this without actually saying it.  And I  wish Biden had addressed the issue last night.  Because if that is what the Trump/Atlas agenda really is , they should say it.

Absolutely.  Trump and Atlas have been implicitly promoting the herd immunity policy without clarifying the implications.

IMO, the worst Trump double-speak incident in the third debate occurred when Kirsten Welker asked Trump about calling Dr. Fauci a "disaster" and an "idiot," and Trump replied that he "respected" Dr. Fauci.

I was waiting for Biden to say, "So, President Trump respects Dr. Fauci, by telling everyone that Fauci is a disaster and an idiot?  Makes a lot of sense."

I wonder if by 86, depending on my health I guess I might not prefer taking my chances in the basement of my heaven on earth home.  As opposed to being high risk, anywhere I go facing covid.

I camped one night at lake Granby back in the early 80's.  Woke to a dead battery.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wildfire-kills-colorado-couple-in-their-80s-who-wouldn-t-evacuate-beloved-home-sheriff-says/ar-BB1alpm2?li=BBnbcA1

85,000 new cases a day.  This is getting out of hand and many are ignoring it.  Including the msm to a certain extent.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-resurgent-virus-attacks-the-heartland-just-before-the-election/ar-BB1amZtz?li=BBnb7Kz

They post an article, then 30 minutes later it's gone.  Like this one from 2 hours ago, that was a headline on msn a half hour ago.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/minnesota-reports-three-covid-19-outbreaks-related-to-trump-campaign-events-in-september/ar-BB1apLx5?fbclid=IwAR3peGv1McKTY8xm8-DQVbne52PGKi_3CI9d_oy18H6pjdsap4Ojmq1IlF8&ocid=uxbndlbing

In other coronavirus news...

I had a positive test today. I have had mild symptoms at best, but I lost my taste and smell and felt that was something to check on.

So far I haven't felt bad other than a headache.

Here's to hoping the next 10 days pass without any real excitement.

47 minutes ago, Mark Stevens said:

I had a positive test today. I have had mild symptoms at best, but I lost my taste and smell and felt that was something to check on.

Sorry to hear that and good luck with your recovery. Any idea how you may have picked up the virus?

49 minutes ago, Ty Carpenter said:

Sorry to hear that and good luck with your recovery. Any idea how you may have picked up the virus?

Thanks!

I was exposed to a co-worker. He flew down and could have gotten on the flight, or in the hotel he was staying in. We were both pretty diligent about mask wearing and only removed them when we went out to lunch. I'm not sure what his diligence was like after-hours though.

He worked closely with me and two others, neither of those have developed any symptoms. One had a test last week and was negative.

Mark, I was waiting for your update. Sorry to hear about that. I'm not sure why I think this from your posts, but my impression is that you're a hardy guy and I wish you luck and to keep being free from any major symptoms.

1 hour ago, Mark Stevens said:

Good luck, Mark, hope you have a speedy recovery.

2 hours ago, Mark Stevens said:

So sorry to hear about this, Mark.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.