The Education Forum

Sixth Floor Museum and the Nix Film

I have contacted the Sixth Floor Museum to ask for a 1st generation copy of the Nix film.  The film that they have posted on the website seems to be enhanced.  It has horizontal lines across the nix film throughout.  In simple terms they said no and I would need special permission to see the 1st generation copy.

My question is why would they put an enhanced version of the Nix film for public view when it does not accurately reflect what occurred that day.

Does anybody seem to know anyone there?  Can we get them to put a version that is not enhanced?

9 minutes ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

I have contacted the Sixth Floor Museum to ask for a 1st generation copy of the Nix film.  The film that they have posted on the website seems to be enhanced.  It has horizontal lines across the nix film throughout.  In simple terms they said no and I would need special permission to see the 1st generation copy.

My question is why would they put an enhanced version of the Nix film for public view when it does not accurately reflect what occurred that day.

Does anybody seem to know anyone there?  Can we get them to put a version that is not enhanced?

Keyvan,

You might want to contact Orville's daughter, Gayle Nix Jackson. She might have some answers for you.

https://gaylenixjackson.com/

Steve Thomas

Keyvan, I have just sent you a message via the Forum ... 

Steve, just a small correction, but possibly important to the lady in question - Gayle is the granddaughter of Orville Nix, and not his daughter !

Chris Scally

3 hours ago, Chris Scally said:

Keyvan, I have just sent you a message via the Forum ... 

Steve, just a small correction, but possibly important to the lady in question - Gayle is the granddaughter of Orville Nix, and not his daughter !

Chris Scally

Chris,

Thanks.

Steve Thomas