The Education Forum

Shooting trajectory.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Did you read this?  # 3, '"The gun would not pattern within a one foot circumference (at 100 yards, with modifications)"  talking about a Carcano, like Hidell's.  Bart and Malcolm's work do not support your thesis.  The "firecrackers" are a separate subject, still questionable.  Two shots from the rear from the Dal-Tex roof through two windows in the TSBD and the Live Oak leaves and limbs doing all the damage to JFK and Connally and causing back and to the left is pretty ridiculous given known knowledge of the events.

I fully understand it is not an easy theory to come to terms with, but if proven as a viable possibility, then further exploration could be carried out.

All is am saying is the possibility might be there, so until someone gets up on that, roof of the Dal Tex and looks down through both windows of the TSBD out onto Elm, to clarify if the X on the road is visible in that arc  where the limo was positioned, and If it is visible then this gives us a very possible new firing point, which could still include a bullet exiting from the alleged Snipers nest window.

This in my opinion would be very significant.

I would be delighted  if anyone can provide some dated photos, of the Dal Tex roof with the old tower on it, as the height of it etc would need to be estimated, as would the distance of it to the edge of the roof.

At least testing this theory is relevant don't you think

Edited by Colm Byrne

image.png.f0deb4c501ccdcc1550e3e6184fd7281.png

image.png.58781c838eb4817c0e710fa17233dfd6.png

image.png.1c23b4cee350437cd0db709bf8bcd7f9.png

image.png.9bfa659c2e220e33b13473ca3e5a72c2.png

This still from the Bronson recording shows the structure on the roof of the Dal Tex, you can bet your bottom dollar, this is where a sniper was positioned, with the plan of putting the bullets in through the TSBD and down  onto Elm.

For the theory test a platform will need to be erected on that roof, to replicate the height of that tower, to get a true idea of what  arcs were visible

Edited by Colm Byrne

you can bet your bottom dollar, this is where a sniper was positioned, with the plan of putting the bullets in through the TSBD and down  onto Elm.

Well, we don't really have the evidence to bet...

There's probably a TV documentary in it for you, if you write up a treatment and get it to the right people.

But how big a window of visual opportunity would a sniper there have to get JFK through two windows?  If he was just going to lay down distraction fire onto Elm, you should factor that into your theory.

But then people would ask, "Where were the actual wounding and killing shots fired from?"

And they would ask, "What about the conflicting witness testimony that puts a figure or figures in the sixth floor window?"

http://22november1963.org.uk/who-saw-oswald-in-the-sixth-floor-window

Edited by David Andrews

57 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

you can bet your bottom dollar, this is where a sniper was positioned, with the plan of putting the bullets in through the TSBD and down  onto Elm.

Well, we don't really have the evidence to bet...

There's probably a TV documentary in it for you, if you write up a treatment and get it to the right people.

But how big a window of visual opportunity would a sniper there have to get JFK through two windows?  If he was just going to lay down distraction fire onto Elm, you should factor that into your theory.

But then people would ask, "Where were the actual wounding and killing shots fired from?"

And they would ask, "What about the conflicting witness testimony that puts a figure or figures in the sixth floor window?"

http://22november1963.org.uk/who-saw-oswald-in-the-sixth-floor-window

I think the shots were fired from that tower which was once on the Dal Tex roof, I don't know what the outcome would be until a platform could be built to replicate the height etc, and then to look down onto the arcs to see was it possible for the limo to line up, one thing for sure if it does then it would be more than just a coincidence.

Oswald was not on the 6th floor during the shots he never even heard them from the lunchroom.

Two windows are quite more problematic than one from which likely only a distraction shot or maybe one of the Connally hits may have came.  Your lines in the pictures are crooked.  

Your shooter would have likely hit Oswald if you believe he was in the window.  Do you think he was on the first floor out of the way?  Maybe Prayerman?  Any way you look at it, from the TSBD, through the TSBD  does not equate to back and to the left, back and to the left, back and to the left.  So one shooter is impossible.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=two+can+be+as+bad+as+on+&view=detail&mid=C0623A591B6C5C1AAD46C0623A591B6C5C1AAD46&FORM=VIRE

2 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Two windows are quite more problematic than one from which likely only a distraction shot or maybe one of the Connally hits may have came.  Your lines in the pictures are crooked.  

Your shooter would have likely hit Oswald if you believe he was in the window.  Do you think he was on the first floor out of the way?  Maybe Prayerman?  Any way you look at it, from the TSBD, through the TSBD  does not equate to back and to the left, back and to the left, back and to the left.  So one shooter is impossible.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=two+can+be+as+bad+as+on+&view=detail&mid=C0623A591B6C5C1AAD46C0623A591B6C5C1AAD46&FORM=VIRE

I was not able to get the lines straight by hand, I was only trying to give a rough idea to the workings of the scenario, of course Oswald was not in the window if the real shooter was over in the Dal Tex, maybe the guy who opened the window to let the bullet in, was there just prior to the shot.

back and to the left was just a reaction to a person getting hit by a very fast projectile, his body could have been thrown in any direction, No science could replicate it twice, as the bullet moved around it's target.

I don't have all the answers if any. if this theory is even possible from a view point, the opportunity was, very minimal due to the arc being so small.

All I suggest is that it might be possible, that we now could have a firing point other than the 6th floor alleged snipers nest window, but still the bullet went through the same trajectory.

6 minutes ago, Colm Byrne said:

I think the shots were fired from that tower which was once on the Dal Tex roof, I don't know what the outcome would be until a platform could be built to replicate the height etc, and then to look down onto the arcs to see was it possible for the limo to line up, one thing for sure if it does then it would be more than just a coincidence.

Oswald was not on the 6th floor during the shots he never even heard them from the lunchroom.

Raising the bar are we as we go?  Not just through two windows from the roof of the Dal -Tex but now the tower on it.  A little silliness in these times can be appreciated in terms of levity.  As long as no one who survives takes it seriously.

35 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Raising the bar are we as we go?  Not just through two windows from the roof of the Dal -Tex but now the tower on it.  A little silliness in these times can be appreciated in terms of levity.  As long as no one who survives takes it seriously.

image.png.53e5761881a72ea61bb1cbf325bf00dc.png

image.png.b30c5b4ba8dd8c2c6e4d4a7f37651ea8.png

What difference to a bullet would a few feet matter? from the height of the the tower to the roof would not make a difference to the shot, in fact it would give the sniper better elevation to see down.

I happen to have good shooting skills I know the shot is not hard as long as the target is visible, and perhaps if the limo stopped then it is much easier, overall it would depend on factors but not impossible if the arc is there, so is the possibility.

Edited by Colm Byrne

Someone, after arranging a sniper's nest on the sixth floor of the TSBD, and opening the corner window onto Elm, and sticking a rifle out of the TSDB at 12:15, does not ever open the sixth floor corner window onto Houston?

Your suggested trajectory, Colm, would also mean the shooter would have liked the top half of the window facing Houston to be open. Perhaps someone knows if the top portions of those windows could even be opened. Jim Marrs said the bottom portions could not be opened very much. And radiator pipes, or some such, occlude peripheries.

It goes without saying that there was no shattered glass or bullet hole in the window looking out at the corner of Houston and Elm.

And, of course, that window looking down Houston as it approaches Elm is the sniper's beauty spot in the TSBD, am I right?

7 hours ago, George Govus said:

Someone, after arranging a sniper's nest on the sixth floor of the TSBD, and opening the corner window onto Elm, and sticking a rifle out of the TSDB at 12:15, does not ever open the sixth floor corner window onto Houston?

Your suggested trajectory, Colm, would also mean the shooter would have liked the top half of the window facing Houston to be open. Perhaps someone knows if the top portions of those windows could even be opened. Jim Marrs said the bottom portions could not be opened very much. And radiator pipes, or some such, occlude peripheries.

It goes without saying that there was no shattered glass or bullet hole in the window looking out at the corner of Houston and Elm.

And, of course, that window looking down Houston as it approaches Elm is the sniper's beauty spot in the TSBD, am I right?

I don't know if the top window would have needed to be opened or not George,  maybe the fixers took out a pane of glass :-).

Until a lazer is put down from a platform on the DalTex roof in through the TSBD, as it's going to be the only way to say for sure, and to confirm if this theory has any possibility, but if the X where the limo was positioned, shows up through the arc, then we can say we have a very likely new firing point for serious research.

Yes you are right about the view from the window as the limo came down Houston, it would have be the ideal, and most simplest  shot to take the front, this theory would explain why the assassin did not shoot at the limo on approach, it is simply because the assassins were not in the TSBD they only had spotters placed there to plant the rifle etc, and perhaps slide a window up or down and throw the elevator switch, along with knocking the phone lines/electricity off.

Edited by Colm Byrne

If the windows are 6 feet wide then the shooter would have had about a 3 foot wide view of the South window as he looked thru the East window from a 45 degree angle. The best I can figure is that would be about a 12 foot wide view of Elm at 313. The width of 2 limos would have fit into his field of view. But because the top window was closed and the bottom only half open  the Dal Tex shooter would have only had about  1/4 the size of the horizontal field before he would be shooting thru glass. So the window of opportunity would be as little as 3 feet on Elm at 313. Even if I double that to allow for error, that is only 6 feet that the limo would travel from when it first appears at the bottom of the window. The shooter would only have about 1/3 of a second to track the limo and fire. Even if we double that to 2/3 it seems like an impossible task.
It was noted that firing thru 2 windows from the Dal Tex would explain why the shooter waited till the limo was on Elm. But I was thinking just recently that if a shooter in the TSB fired at the limo on Huston the limo may have just accelerated straight down Huston and never turned on to Elm at all. If the shooter waits till the limo is on Elm then the limo can only escape by traveling all the way down Elm with no cover at all till the underpass. If the limo escaped by continuing North on Huston it would be out of sight from the TSB as soon as it crossed Elm.

48 minutes ago, Chris Bristow said:

If the windows are 6 feet wide then the shooter would have had about a 3 foot wide view of the South window as he looked thru the East window from a 45 degree angle. The best I can figure is that would be about a 12 foot wide view of Elm at 313. The width of 2 limos would have fit into his field of view. But because the top window was closed and the bottom only half open  the Dal Tex shooter would have only had about  1/4 the size of the horizontal field before he would be shooting thru glass. So the window of opportunity would be as little as 3 feet on Elm at 313. Even if I double that to allow for error, that is only 6 feet that the limo would travel from when it first appears at the bottom of the window. The shooter would only have about 1/3 of a second to track the limo and fire. Even if we double that to 2/3 it seems like an impossible task.
It was noted that firing thru 2 windows from the Dal Tex would explain why the shooter waited till the limo was on Elm. But I was thinking just recently that if a shooter in the TSB fired at the limo on Huston the limo may have just accelerated straight down Huston and never turned on to Elm at all. If the shooter waits till the limo is on Elm then the limo can only escape by traveling all the way down Elm with no cover at all till the underpass. If the limo escaped by continuing North on Huston it would be out of sight from the TSB as soon as it crossed Elm.

Hello Chris this is the type of post, which I was waiting on so thanks for taking the time with the calculations etc.

I do note you say it, would seem like an impossible task, but not impossible.

Do we know for sure if the top window was closed?  or if the limo, stopped? if it paused even for two seconds this would be more than enough time.

What needs to be established first of all is, was the limo visible through the TSBD from the tower on the roof of the Daltex, I would wonder why this theory was never investigated during all other inquires made to date, Would I be the first to consider it?

Edited by Colm Byrne