The Education Forum

3D modeling of Depository doorway aids in localising Mrs. Stanton in Altgens6: A Youtube video

patch.jpg?w=529

Back in March 2018, I promised to provide data to support the possibility that the bright oval shape next to Lovelady's face in Altgens6  (shown as red-delineated object in the picture above) could be the partial face of Mrs Sarah Stanton who had just happened to stand in the space separating Billy Lovelady and Bill Shelley.  I have launched a Youtube video that explains all the steps in my analysis and the results. The video can be also viewed from a broader perspective as a 3D reconstruction of the Depository doorway in Altgens6.

Here is the link to the video:

https://youtu.be/C0Hwt-cIGq4

I recommend watching this video in HD (please click on the small cog-like symbol in the lower right corner of the video screen for settings and select the highest resolution - HD).

Let me point out the main findings presented in the video. First, the 3D model shows that there was enough space between Lovelady and Shelley to accommodate another person. This space has been estimated to be about 1' 8'' wide.

topview_alloccupants.jpg?w=529

The heads of Billy Lovelady and Bill Shelley were modeled as accurately as possible and that allowed to determine the patches in Altgens6 that belonged neither to Lovelady nor to Shelley and therefore, the patches belonged to another person standing between them. The patch above Lovelady's right shoulder was analysed in detail and reasons for considering it to be the partial right shoulder of a person standing behind Lovelady are explained in the video. Lovelady's figure received a really detailed treatment and I hope that issues which have been previously considered alterations to Altgens6, such as the presence of a dark "V" on Lovelady's neck, can now be explained naturally.

export_clues.jpg?w=529

This figure shows in yellow what the 3D model and visual analysis of Altgens6 suggested as belonging to the person standing on the top landing between Lovelady and Shelley. The "liberal" solution includes a patch to the right of Lovelady's head what could be the back of another person's head. I understand that not everyone would accept this clue because of a very low signal in that area of Altgens6. However, after fitting Mrs Stanton's figure into the doorway, the back of her head has indeed turned up in that area and matched this weak clue.

stan_0.jpg?w=529

And here is the final solution of Altgens6 with Mrs Stanton on board. It still appears interesting to me, after spending long time on this project, that a large lady she was, Mrs Stanton, could stand in the doorway in such a way that only very small parts of her head and right shoulder can be seen in Altgens6, and even those parts are difficult to separate from Lovelady's and Shelley's figures without properly reconstructing the doorway and its occupants.

s7.jpg?w=529

A view of the doorway from a different perspective than Altgens' perspective shows how could Mrs Stanton stand on the top landing without giving any strong clues about her presence in Altgens6.

The video also checks the possibility that another lady who had reported to stand on the top landing, Mrs Pauline Sanders, could account for the bright spot next to Lovelady's head. Data suggest that this was unlikely to be the case. It is of importance that the proposed solution of the Altgens6 doorway matches the witness testimonies well. Taken the testimonies and this reconstruction of Altgens6 doorway together, there is a strong case, in my opinion, for the presence of Mrs Stanton on the top landing in the space between Bill Shelley and Billy Lovelady.

This video concludes my Altgens6 project.

John:

Mrs Stanton was leaning forwards and that is the reason for not seeing her body in the the area behind Lovelady's left arm. Should Mrs Stanton not be leaning forwards, she would be touching one or both men and her face would be positioned higher than the bright object.

I see no alterations in Lovelady's figure including his head in Altgens6 such as a "mask" superimposed on Lovelady's head. A low-resolution Altgens6 such as the one shown in your picture would hardly allow to reconstruct Altgens6 correctly. This was the reason for analysing the version bearing the white inscription with Robert Groden's name because this version offers the best details in human figures. Groden's version of Altgens6 has an interesting history: Barry Ernest interviewed Gary Mack many years ago. Gary Mack conferred to Barry that Robert Groden had access to the original Altgens6' negative and was able to enhance it using his original "variable density cynexing" method. 

I had to superimpose this version of Altgens6 onto a version which I bought from The Associated Press because Groden's version only showed a small (but important) part of the doorway and merging this small picture with the 3D model would be impossible.

This is the quote from Barry Ernest's book, The Girl on the Stairs, location 4443 in the Kindle edition: 

“Most researchers have heard the name Robert Groden. No question that he is a pro-conspiracy guy. Groden did something that no one else was able to do when he worked for the House Assassinations Committee. He and I have been acquainted since ’77 or ’78. Groden got access to the original negative of that [Altgens] photograph and he made blowups of that for the House Committee and the photo panel and the photo panel couldn’t really tell the pattern of the shirt either, so they made their own blowups and again, they were not able to make the image clear enough to be able to tell. The negative went back to Groden and he tried a different technique and he had a name for it. He called it ‘variable density cynexing.’ I have no idea what the hell that means. But he claimed it was a technique that was able to ‘strengthen the contrast,’ that is what he said, so that he could see the pattern in the shirt. And of course when you are looking at a black-and-white reproduction of a colored object, the tonal value tends to shift; you’re not really sure what you’re looking at."

Ernest, Barry. The Girl on the Stairs . Pelican Publishing. Kindle Edition. 

Edited by Andrej Stancak