The Education Forum

The CIA and the Book Depository

William Weston has done a really interesting revision of his original articles about the famous Glaze letters that a reporter  tried to get out to the media and the HSCA in the seventies. 

With,  predictably, no success.  Its really bad that the HSCA did nothing with this communication.  It seemed to me to be a very interesting lead about how the TSBD operated.

Bill notes that now its too late to even talk to Glaze since the guy has passed on recently. Anyway, this is another interesting lead that has gone by the wayside. More interesting than most I think.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-cia-and-the-texas-school-book-depository

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great article by Mr. Weston.  It brings together more information on the subject, as well as much new to me than anywhere I've ever seen before.

It also touches on a thought I've thrown out two or three times and not gotten much response to.  Most readers here agree Oswald didn't act alone if at all.  Thus there was a conspiracy.  If it was well planned and not happenstance or just lucky those orchestrating it controlled the situation, beforehand and afterwards, excepting Oswald's brief getaway.

They would have had access beforehand to scout it out well before it happened.  Set up of the snipers nest, any possible shots actually from the TSBD, where to plant "the" gun, the getaway.  A good chance they may have rehearsed the thing a night or two or the weekend before, at least key players.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone a high up as Morales cased the place a week or month before.  I have to wonder if the mannlicher carcano wasn't brought in the night before.

Its something what they did to that Glaze guy. 

They essentially got rid of his sources and they then drove him out of town.

Reminds me of their tailing and monitoring of Victoria Adams.  And also the fear that witnesses had to talk to Mark Lane for his film Rush to Judgment.

Its a shame that the HSCA did nothing with his information. I cannot see Richard Sprague ignoring that kind of a lead.

If Shelly really was CIA, that opens up a whole new window.  And that window includes some of the thing you suggested Ron.

BTW, Adam, whatever happened to Acquilla Clemmons?  According to McBride, he could not find her and no one else could either.

What troubles me from reading this lead and search story over again is that it always seems to be Dallas Police Officers who are labelled as the ones who try to intimidate witnesses, reporters or researchers looking to uncover the truth.

Even in this case when it is years and years after the assassination Mr. Glaze states nearly 20 dpd officers pull up outside his home and start pointing weapons at his windows. Within hours of his interviewing one of the two female clerks someone has put the fear of god into them and they pack up and leave Dallas. Only someone in a law enforcement uniform/organisation telling me to get out of town now or else could have that effect...anyone else and you would contact law enforcement for help.

So what does this mean as far as the assassination theories go.....why are the dallas pd involved in intimidation and threats 1,2,4,5,6,7,8 10 years after the assassination???  Or is their some collective group of men with access to dpd vehicles, clothing and id's rolling around dallas from late 1963 to 1976 who pulled off the world's greatest coup d'etat?

Oh, I was not aware of that David.

By who?

A very good article that I'm still digesting. The part that noted a guy in the narrative as being a member of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band was funny. Checking Wikipedia, that band went through more than a dozen different configurations with many different members, so good luck in figuring out who the guy was.

Great piece by William Weston. In light of all this, interesting how the FBI reported that Oswald "left work because, in his opinion, based upon remarks of BILL SHELLEY, he did not believe that there was going to be any more work that day." Just a step away of saying that Shelly, the foreman and CIA man, urged him to leave. Then shortly afterward Shelly informs Truly that Oswald is missing, and then Truly (who actually receives a salary from an unknown entity and not from TSBD) informs Captain Fritz. How the pieces of the puzzle now lock even more tightly into place. And the connection of William Harvey to Bobbs-Merrill is equally fascinating and suggestive in the overall context of the piece. Bravo. How do we interpret the fact that the  FBI were interviewing potential employees at TSBD and trying to ascertain if any were connected to the CIA? What exactly does this imply? (One typo: [Rose pointed out in his article, “Important to Hold than Man”] should read ["_that_ Man"].)

Edited by Rob Couteau

This article has quickly risen to be number two at Kennedys and King.com

It usually takes like five days for an article to register in the analytics, but not this one.

Its now number two to my Dylan essay, which thanks to Rob, has now shattered all records for ratings. In fact, its doubled the previous one.

12 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Oh, I was not aware of that David.

By who?

Do a Forum search on Shelley.  Some of the same EdForum posts should mention Danny Arce as a possible training camps veteran. 

Bill Kelly comes to mind, but I could be wrong.  Look also at any Shelley thread featuring posters no longer on EdForum.

Here's Greg Parker, writing elsewhere:

https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t486-william-shelley-s-cia-claim

+++

EDIT: It goes back as far as William Weston's original post about the Glaze letters, begun in 2006:

Edited by David Andrews

Thanks for that David.

Was unaware of the previous discussion with Hemming.

The ROKC people are always interesting and I kind of figured Greg Parker would have something to say about it.

Shelly filed two affidavits that day.  And with all those people gone, which Jerry Rose pointed out, why give only Oswald's name to Fritz?

Shelly is really interesting.  I know Bart Kamp has done some great work on him, I should probably look there before I put my foot in my mouth.

What we're supposed to know.  High school grad near the end of WWII.  Worked a while in a defense plant (which one unknown?).  Then went to work at the TSBD before it was the TSBD.  He'd been there 18 years by 1963.  Supervisor of miscellaneous, a somewhat vague title.  

Then there's a picture provided by Paul Joliffe on the thread above linked by David Andrews of Shelly in a ROTC uniform at Croizer Tech High School, he's wearing a officer's hat, the cadets in the background are wearing army caps.  No big deal.  But he did have some military affiliation, and rank, in his youth.  

Then he went to work for Roy Truly who also worked at a unknown defense plant during WWII while still working at the to become TSBD.  They both breed dogs, they both advance, together over 18 years.  Would one think Shelly loyal to Truly, thinks along the same lines.  At a minimum might Shelly have left a key to the building hidden outside if Truly asked, no questions asked.

Did it maybe go deeper than that?  When Oswald said he was out front with Shelly might he have been sending a signal?  Hey, I was out front with one of my handlers, help me here.  Or even a hint that he might reveal that fact?

I believe Vicki Adams.  Not her altered testimony that she later disavowed when confronted with it by Barry Earnst.  She'd never seen it before.  She didn't see Shelly at the bottom of the stairs.  He lied.

I don't remember reading about his arrest/detainment, riding in a police car, questioning until 5:00.  With no record of it.  What did they suspect him of, why?  Supervisor of miscellaneous operations on the 5th and 6th floors that morning?  Like restricting access to necessary personnel?   

Oswald said one of the reasons he went home was that Shelly assured him there was no more work to do that day.

Shelly denied saying this before the Commission. So who was lying?  Did Shelly snooker Oswald?

Once Shelly got to the DPD station, he was there a long time.  Like until five.

Why so long?

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

[Shelly] went to work at the TSBD before it was the TSBD.  He'd been there 18 years by 1963. ....he went to work for Roy Truly ....they both advance, together over 18 years.

Hey Ron, do I understand you correctly? That Shelly and Truly worked at the (pre-TSBD) building for almost 18 years when it was a grocery distribution company, and then continued working there after the grocery company moved out and the TSBD moved in, in 1963? If so, that is most unusual.

EDIT: Oh, probably you meant that for those 18years they both worked for the (TSBD) business that would move into the TSBD building in 1963.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

Yes, that is what he means Sandy.