The Education Forum

The CIA and the Book Depository

On 6/11/2020 at 1:00 PM, Larry Hancock said:

I'm glad I was only a Noncom....otherwise you guys would be asking where I was....

Larry,

Naw, you're too young to have been involved.

Though they did need a spotter that day.

You got an alibi?

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

I'm glad I was only a Noncom....otherwise you guys would be asking where I was....

Wasn't the Military guy in Dealy plaza taking pictures that went into the TSBD a Noncom...   

More seriously Larry SWHT and Fonzi's Last Investigation are likely the main reason I still wonder about Morales possible role in the JFK Assassination.  I know I've read other places about him but they don't come to mind at the moment.   Thanks to you and others for participation in this conversation.  It's certainly been informative to me!  Please continue.  

On 6/10/2020 at 8:11 AM, Larry Hancock said:

I have no doubt Morales could bring anyone he wanted into the various areas of the station....some of which were indeed quite compartmentalized from each other in different buildings, on and off campus, with lots of safehouses, etc.  I'm not sure how much time he spent at the maritime ops bases in the Keys but we do know he traveled to Mexico City on a number of occasions in 1963, that JMWAVE had a subsidiary station there apart from the regular CIA station at the embassy and that AMOTs were routinely used in intelligence collections and other activities in Mexico City as well as in Florida.

From the few details we have it appears that contacts with Roselli and for that matter Varona, were done well off base - as far as Roselli an an Army uniform, that has been mentioned in a number of JFK books but I've never been able to corroborate it and because we do have extremely detailed FBI surveillance files on Roselli its also questionable, apart from a few known visits - mostly to Miami hotels - that he spent that much time in Florida.  What we don't have though are the Miami FBI office files that should have had surveillance on him when he was in Florida - those are totally missing from his FBI records.

What we do know is that on his last known trip to Florida, in April 63, Roselli studiously avoided going anywhere near JMWAVE even though he chartered a boat to go down into the Keys and to the area of the maritime operations facilities there.

Well, I'm mistaken again.  I thought Harvey rented the boat, but I guess just the hotel charges he filed are proof he was there.  I also didn't realize they took it to the Keys, assumed they just cruised around in the ocean to talk privately.  Something else I read somewhere a few years back that has bugged me is supposedly Morales coming to the town Rosselli and Harvey took off from but he stayed behind.  Have you or anyone else ever come across anything like this?

I think all the detail Noel and I managed to collect is in SWHT, don't know of anything more recent.  The receipts that Anna Marie Kuhns Walko located definitely show Harvey came down and paid for multiple hotels in Miami and the keys, for the boat etc and that he paid for another party...everything indicates Roselli was the other party.  The receipts also show three individuals involved and given the trip to the Keys and the maritime bases there the most likely candidate would be Morales since he had been involved with the two in various Castro assassination activities.

Wish we had more...

• 2 years later...

Posts on the TSBD on this thread, yet the Dal-Tex, home of Abe Zapruder, phone box for Eugene Hale Brading and bar-room for Larry Florer, was owned by David Weisblat, an Anti-Defamation League financier & Morris Douglas Jaffe, a Texas oilman who, according to a New York Times article, was a friend and contributor to LBJ.

On 4/20/2020 at 2:43 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Oh, I was not aware of that David.

By who?

John and I have spoken about it often...  and years ago I brought up the idea that it was Shelley with Oswald at the ITM...

The similarities are striking, IMO.

1316039945_ShelleyandShelleyTradeMartv2.jpg.10eb8de449321c26b7ad40a89dbd013c.jpg612751173_OswaldandShelleyinNOLA.jpg.49233bd836885dec57adf211ec42c7a4.jpg

On November 22, 1963, there were sixty-nine people working in the building at 411 Elm Street—thirty-three for the TSBD and forty-six for the publishers.---K&K, Weston article. 

---30---

This is fascinating. We have been trained to think of TSBD employees, the "roll call" etc. 

But there were actually more people working for publishers inside the building on 11/22 than TSBD'ers. 

Recently I posted about the strange second-floor publishers office with an open window onto the motorcade, but with a locked door and a person seen inside in the immediate aftermath of the JFKA. 

Also, some witnesses on the fifth and fourth floors thought the shots had come from below them. 

None of this is dispositive, of course. But who were these people working for publishers?