The Education Forum

New podcast on INTO THE NIGHTMARE, 1960 campaign volunteering, latest research

Joseph, really enjoyed that interview, + I.T.N. which I read some years back.  I have a couple of points to ask.

1) You mentioned Clemmons i.d. of the Tippit shooter, short stocky guy, that you intimated could have been Ruby.  What are your thoughts on Seth Kantor's i.d. of Ruby at Parkland?

2) Also mentioned taxi cab driver Whaley's drive timing.  I have heard Bart Kamp's belief that the cab ride never happened.  + do you think Roger Craig's sighting in the Plaza was correct, and/or are you thinking along the lines of two Oswalds leaving the T.S.B.D.?

Pete, thanks much for your comments about my work. I believe Kantor about Ruby. Kantor was a solid reporter, and his book on Ruby is good. Kantor's

typed notes about his assassination coverage are in one of the 26 WC volumes and are valuable. Ruby

would have had time to go from the Tippit murder scene (if he was there) to Parkland. He

may have been involved in helping stage the witnesses (etc.) for the Tippit murder; I go into

that in INTO THE NIGHTMARE, basing it partly on the theory proposed by Jerry Rose. Ruby

tried to tell Earl Warren he was involved in the Nov. 22 plotting, but Warren wouldn't listen. Roger Craig

was a reliable and honest witness. The station wagon story is credible, and you can

see the vehicle in a photo taken at 12:40 p.m. There were two Oswalds, as Armstrong has shown, and so they left Dealey Plaza in

different ways. I am not convinced the cab ride did not happen.

Edited by Joseph McBride

9 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

Pete, thanks much for your comments about my work. I believe Kantor about Ruby. Kantor was a solid reporter, and his book on Ruby is good. Kantor's

typed notes about his assassination coverage are in one of the 26 WC volumes and are valuable. Ruby

would have had time to go from the Tippit murder scene (if he was there) to Parkland. He

may have been involved in helping stage the witnesses (etc.) for the Tippit murder; I go into

that in INTO THE NIGHTMARE, basing it partly on the theory proposed by Jerry Rose. Ruby

tried to tell Earl Warren he was involved in the Nov. 22 plotting, but Warren wouldn't listen. Roger Craig

was a reliable and honest witness. The station wagon story is credible, and you can

see the vehicle in a photo taken at 12:40 p.m. There were two Oswalds, as Armstrong has shown, and so they left Dealey Plaza in

different ways. I am not convinced the cab ride did not happen.

Joe, thanks for your comments.  I'm no researcher, just an avid book reader on the case.  After all the years collecting & reading assassination books I think my vision of events are more cloudy with time!  The one thing I am convinced about is JFK got his head blown off in Dallas by shooters (plural) the rest of the case is ambiguous.  Tippit's murder too.  But that's why we debate this after all this time.

Not sure how you look so much younger in this interview than your Forum pic?