• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/21/judge-denies-trumps-bid-for-a-stay-of-subpoena-in-manhattan-das-tax-records-case.html

“A federal judge on Friday denied President’s Donald Trump’s bid to temporarily block a ruling allowing a subpoena for his tax returns and other financial records.

The ruling came a day after the judge rejected Trump’s latest attempt to stop the Manhattan District Attorney’s office from enforcing a subpoena issued to his accounting firm.

Trump’s lawyers on Thursday had filed a request for an emergency stay pending an appeal of that ruling.

But Judge Victor Marrero wrote in his order Friday that Trump “has not demonstrated that he will suffer irreparable harm.””

Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

The grandson of late American president John F Kennedy has left voters reeling with his lookalike good looks.

Jack Schlossberg, who is JFK's only grandson, found himself in a social media frenzy after he and his mother, Caroline Kennedy, backed Joe Biden for the American presidency on Tuesday.

After laying eyes on Jack at the 2020 Democratic National Convention, fans immediately became bewitched by the 27-year-old's incredibly attractive demeanour.

Taking to Twitter to gush over the tall, dark and handsome politician, spectators were quick to point out the striking likeness between Jack and his late uncle, John F Kennedy Jr, as well as his grandfather JFK.

0_Democrats-Hold-Unprecedented-Virtual-C

The grandson of late American president John F Kennedy has 'broken the internet' with his good looks (Image: DNCC via Getty Images)

Countdown to the Q followers on here claiming he is working with Trump to overthrow and jail the evil baby-eating cabal.

9 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

I was living in Denver when the huge forest fire south of the city struck.  I got up the morning it hit not knowing what it was and thought that the orange hazy sky was an indication that the world was ending.  Strangely I didn't feel fear, just curiosity.

Hope it rains.

Bill,

So far, in Denver, this one hasn't been nearly as severe as that Hayman Fire you mentioned.  I remember it well-- ashes were raining down all over the city on Sunday morning and there was a weird orange glow throughout the day.  At the time, I thought seriously about putting my kids in the car and getting the hell out of Dodge.

We have had much better containment of previous forest fires in Colorado, and I wonder whether COVID has played a role in reducing the ranks of fire fighting crews from the American gulags.   I never knew that American fire fighters were "recruited" from prisons until I read Steve's article (above.)

The Texas Tribune-ProPublica Investigative Unit

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/02/texas-border-wall-private/

He built a privately funded border wall. It's already at risk of falling down if not fixed.

Trump supporters funded a private border wall on the banks of the Rio Grande, helping the builder secure $1.7 billion in federal contracts. Now the "Lamborghini” of border walls is in danger of falling into the river if nothing is done, experts say.”

by Jeremy Schwartz and Perla Trevizo, The Texas Tribune and ProPublica July 2, 20205 AM

“Tommy Fisher billed his new privately funded border wall as the future of deterrence, a quick-to-build steel fortress that spans 3 miles in one of the busiest Border Patrol sectors.

Unlike a generation of wall builders before him, he said he figured out how to build a structure directly on the banks of the Rio Grande, a risky but potentially game-changing step when it came to the nation’s border wall system.

Fisher has leveraged his self-described “Lamborghini” of walls to win more than $1.7 billion worth of federal contracts in Arizona.

But his showcase piece is showing signs of runoff erosion and, if it’s not fixed, could be in danger of falling into the Rio Grande, according to engineers and hydrologists who reviewed photos of the wall for ProPublica and The Texas Tribune. It never should have been built so close to the river, they say.

Just months after going up, they said, photos reveal a series of gashes and gullies at various points along the structure where rainwater runoff has scoured the sandy loam beneath the foundation.”

“The Mission private wall project, Fisher’s second following a similar undertaking outside El Paso, is a little known but crucial part of the effort to help President Donald Trump meet his campaign promise to build 450 miles of “big, beautiful wall” by the end of 2020. For the administration, Texas remains the biggest challenge. That’s because the Rio Grande has served as a natural divider, and, unlike other states, most land abutting it is privately owned.”

"Fisher’s strategy was years in the making. Soon after the 2016 election, he became a frequent guest on Fox News, where he caught the attention of Trump. Last year, The Washington Post reported that the president “latch(ed) on” to Fisher’s claims of speed and quality and “aggressively pushed” for the firm in conversations with top Homeland Security officials.

But Fisher’s border wall business got off to a rocky start, despite paying a lobbying firm tens of thousands of dollars to push for contracts. In 2017, the firm, founded in 1952 and best known for large highway projects, had its wall prototype rejected by the Department of Homeland Security. It later attempted to join an elite group of preapproved border wall bidders, but it was again turned down by the Army Corps of Engineers, which said it failed to meet its requirements or obtain the necessary regulatory approvals.

In response, Fisher sued the department and was added to the list of preapproved bidders thanks to White House pressure, administration officials told the Post last year.

Fisher was also aided by a close relationship with freshman U.S. Sen. Kevin Cramer, R-N.D., who advocated for the company with Trump and Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Fisher and family members donated at least $24,000 during Cramer’s victorious 2018 bid, according to campaign finance records. Cramer’s spokesperson did not return emails for comment."

Keep your eyes out for corruption involving Bannon’s Build the Wall Project and Fischer Construction of North Dakota.

Steve Thomas

20 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Keep your eyes out for corruption involving Bannon’s Build the Wall Project and Fischer Construction of North Dakota.

Steve Thomas

Steve Bannon and Louis DeJoy: Different wings of Trump's empire of corruption

“With Bannon indicted and DeJoy hauled before Congress, Trump's corrupt regime may be coming unglued at last.”

By Heather Digby Parton

August 21, 2020 1:56PM (UTC)

https://www.salon.com/2020/08/21/steve-bannon-and-louis-dejoy-different-wings-of-trumps-empire-of-corruption/

“Trump claimed on Thursday that he was always against the private wall project that got Bannon into trouble, but his image was all over the group's website and Donald Trump Jr. is on video endorsing it. One of the board members, Kris Kobach —who headed Trump's short-lived "voter fraud" commission and keeps losing elections back home in Kansas — is also on video claiming that Trump told him the project had his blessing."

"One of the more suspicious connections with this scam was Trump's relentless insistence that a North Dakota construction firm called Fisher Industries should get the contract for the official border wall. According to this Washington Post story from May of 2019, Trump demanded that the military award the job to this obscure company even after its bid had been rejected by the Army Corps of Engineers, which alarmed Homeland Security officials about the appearance of corruption. And guess what?

Even as Trump pushes for his firm, Fisher already has started building a section of fencing in Sunland Park, N.M. We Build the Wall, a nonprofit that includes prominent conservatives who support the president — its associates and advisory board include former White House adviser Stephen K. Bannon, Blackwater USA founder Erik Prince, ex-congressman Tom Tancredo and former Kansas secretary of state Kris Kobach — has guided an effort to build portions of the border barrier on private land with private funds.

Jared Kushner pushed Fisher Industries as well, but in the end the firm didn't get the government contract. It ended up building a small piece of the private wall that has been described faulty and flawed. Trump distanced himself from the We Build the Wall project last month, apparently out of the blue, saying he never believed in it in the first place.

None of this smells right: He spent months pushing the government to award that company a multi-billion-dollar contract, and suddenly their shoddy work makes him "look bad."”

Steve Thomas

Seems most everything Trump and/or his kids has any connection to ends up being some type of corrupt scheme.

Trump Jr. is on video promoting this latest Bannon run "Border Wall" donation scheme?

Did they ever figure out into whose pockets all those tens of millions of unaccounted for donated inauguration event dollars went?

Did they ever figure out who bailed out Jarred Kushner with hundreds of millions to get him out of that aging billion dollar 666 Fifth Ave building boondoggle?

What about Trump's shady Douche bank loan bailout dealings?

It all comes across like a modern day crime syndicate family reality show!

Who's ripping/siphoning off or making shady back room deals this week!

Last August, an economic miracle occurred. Eleven years after a young Jared Kushner purchased an aging skyscraper that would become an albatross around his family’s neck, and six months before the Kushners would have to cough up the $1.4 billion that was due on the mortgage for 666 Fifth Avenue, a Canadian asset-management company swooped in and agreed to take a 99-year lease on the building, paying a near-century’s worth of rent upfront. The bailout was surprising for a few reasons, chief among them being comments by the Kushners’ previous partner that 666 Fifth “would be worth a lot more if it was just dirt,” plus the fact that the family had spent two years trying to get new partners or financing to no avail. Also, there was the matter of the Qatar Investment Authority being a major investor in the company, Brookfield Asset Management, and Kushner’s support of a Saudi- and U.A.E.-led blockade of Qatar. To some, it sure sounded like a foreign government was trying to influence policy by greasing the president’s son-in-law’s wheels! At the time, Brookfield told reporters that the Qataris “had no knowledge of the deal before its public announcement”—apparently they don’t read The New York Times—and now that the deal has officially gone through, Doha is doubling down, insisting, somewhat curiously, that the government had absolutely nothing to do with the 666 debacle.

When news emerged that Qatar may have unwittingly

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, Karl Hilliard said:

Something ominous about that address anyway..................

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_HeP1KKobB-zCwoQ1RBC

After what we have seen of Trump and his family and experienced under his presidency the last 3 and 3/4ths years, it doesn't sound totally crazy to ponder a link to the ominous dark times 666 omen.

Edited by Joe Bauer

6 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

[...]   I never knew that American fire fighters were "recruited" from prisons until I read Steve's article (above.)

Has been prison fire camps in California for years; violent offenders need not apply.

I have heard no explanation as to why the sorting machines were removed. I didn't watch today's hearing, but in the news coverage of it afterward the only thing I heard the Postmaster General say about why the sorting machines haven't been replaced was, "They aren't needed." What the world does that mean? Wouldn't they kind of speed things up? Did anyone ask? And did anyone at all ask him about why they were removed? Did they use too much electricity? USPS couldn't pay the light bill? Is that it?

17 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

I have heard no explanation as to why the sorting machines were removed. I didn't watch today's hearing, but in the news coverage of it afterward the only thing I heard the Postmaster General say about why the sorting machines haven't been replaced was, "They aren't needed." What the world does that mean? Wouldn't they kind of speed things up? Did anyone ask? And did anyone at all ask him about why they were removed? Did they use too much electricity? USPS couldn't pay the light bill? Is that it?

https://www.salon.com/2020/08/21/leaked-email-us-postal-service-instructs-workers-not-to-reconnect-sorting-machines/

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/08/dismantled-equipment-behind-cleveland-post-office-raises-delivery-questions.html

https://www.9and10news.com/2020/08/20/usps-mail-sorting-machines-dismantled-in-grand-rapids/

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/08/17/mail-sorting-machines-taken-out-of-service-at-main-post-office-ohare-union-rep-says/

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Ron, none of those links provide an official explanation of why the sorting machines were removed. Lacking an official explanation, the obvious reason is to sabotage the post office. But I doubt that that is DeJoy's official explanation. He hasn't issued a statement saying, "This is all part of my intent to sabotage the post office." One link refers to a vague statement that it's part of his effort to "reform the system." Has no one asked for details? How does slowing down the mail improve the system? Another link quotes some USPS "leaders" as saying they "don't have the capacity to use the machines." Again, details? What are they talking about? They can't figure out how they work? Has anyone in Washington asked? I'm inclined to believe that the people who were asking the questions of DeJoy in that hearing Friday are either incredibly incompetent at asking questions or else they're all complicit in trying to sabotage the post office.