The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

On 8/26/2020 at 10:03 AM, W. Niederhut said:

When I went to see 93 year-old Mel Brooks at a showing of Blazing Saddles here in Denver a few years ago, he told that "Depends" joke about himself.

As for Trump's history of fecal incontinence, he banned photographers from his golf resorts in 2017 after the paparazzi snagged a photo of him with doo doo on his golf shorts.  Mary Trump also confirmed that Donald has a deep doo doo problem.

So, not surprisingly, Trump and the right wing Trumpagandists are projecting Donald's doo doo onto Joe Biden. 

It reminds me of Trump accusing the Clinton Foundation of corruption back in 2016, before the Trump Foundation was investigated and shut down for blatant fraudulence.

If Trump is still consuming Big Macs, fries and apple pies and diet coke, of course his 74 year old bowels are in bad shape.

I also think Trump honestly thought he was giving those championship college sports teams the royal treatment by providing them with his fast food banquets.

Gave him the excuse to indulge himself again.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

I Fear That We Are Witnessing the End of American Democracy’

The frank racism of the contemporary Republican agenda is on display at the R.N.C.

By Thomas B. Edsall

Mr. Edsall contributes a weekly column from Washington, D.C. on politics, demographics and inequality.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/26/opinion/trump-republican-convention-racism.html

40 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

McCloskey: "These video political conventions are great, honey."

Wife: "Mm-hm.  The Black people can't protest."

Speaking of honey, I saw a story this week about the synagogue next door to Bunny and Clod McCloskey's mansion in St. Louis.

The rabbi said that the McCloskeys were "bullies" who had destroyed some bee hives on their property line, set up by the children so that the community could have some honey for Rosh Hashana.

New Trump Rule Could Create ‘Bomb Trains,’ Environmentalists Say

The administration has a ‘wildly unsafe’ plan to transport liquified natural gas on railroads, with tanks carrying enough explosive power to level a city, according to a new lawsuit

By Tessa Stuart

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/bomb-trains-1046481/

“A new Trump administration rule relaxing guidelines that govern the transport of liquefied natural gas could create “bomb trains” with enough explosive power to level whole cities, environmental groups say. A coalition of organizations led by the nonprofit Earthjustice has sued the administration, challenging the rule, which is scheduled to go into effect on Monday.

Separately, 14 states and the District of Columbia are also suing the Trump administration to review the rule and declare it unlawful. The National Transportation Safety Board and the National Association of State Fire Marshals oppose it as well.

Under the new rule, trains would be allowed to transport up to 30,000 gallons of liquified natural gas (LNG) per tank, significantly more than has ever been allowed in the U.S., and there will be no restrictions on the number of LNG tanker cars in a particular train, nor on the routes these trains may travel, so they will be free to pass through dense population centers.

According to figures cited in Earthjustice’s challenge, just 22 tank cars could produce the equivalent energy of the Hiroshima bomb.

The rule change, fast-tracked by the administration after being introduced by Trump in an executive order in April 2019, comes as part of the president’s reckless agenda to expand America’s fossil fuel exports.

But shifting LNG transport to the railways could be a catastrophe, the lawsuits assert. “There’s a very good reason liquefied natural gas has never been shipped by rail in this country, and that’s because it’s wildly unsafe,” said Joseph Otis Minott, executive director of the Clean Air Council, which joined the lawsuit with Earthjustice. “I don’t want these dangerous trains going through my neighborhood, and trust me, you don’t either.” “

Steve Thomas

Kyle Rittenhouse, age 17, firing on protestors in Kenosha.  Two dead, one injured.  Courtesy of the McCloskeys' example.

5f4681ca89aff80028ab80e0.jpg.796817350ff9663d787cc59f07d8b8af.jpg

He wanted to help the police.  So he helped the ones who shot Jacob Blake seven times.

https://www.insider.com/kyle-rittenhouse-who-shot-kenosha-protesters-was-obsessed-with-cops-2020-8

Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

Kyle Rittenhouse, age 17, firing on protestors in Kenosha.  Two dead, one injured.  Courtesy of the McCloskeys' example.

5f4681ca89aff80028ab80e0.jpg.796817350ff9663d787cc59f07d8b8af.jpg

He wanted to help the police.  So he helped the ones who shot Jacob Blake seven times.

https://www.insider.com/kyle-rittenhouse-who-shot-kenosha-protesters-was-obsessed-with-cops-2020-8

Perhaps President Trump could arrange for Rittenhouse address the RNC via Zoom.

I'm sure that "the base" would give him a rousing welcome. 

Edited by Robert Burrows

No one, including Trump and McConnell, has done more to destroy our constitutional republic and democracy than Chief Justice Roberts.

John Roberts’ dark and sordid history bodes poorly if the 2020 election goes to the Supreme Court

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/john-roberts-dark-and-sordid-history-bodes-poorly-if-the-2020-election-goes-to-the-supreme-court/

Here is more on Kyle.  This is a direct result of Trump and Scott Walker and their politics of polarization.  This was caused by something called the Kenosha Guard who put up an online bulletin to call in their members on the second day. But Scott is from Illinois.  There should be an inquiry into this, as to who put up the ad in the first place and who allowed it to run.  When the result is two dead and one wounded from a 17 year old from out of state?  I think that violates some laws.  

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/08/26/kyle-rittenhouse-charged-kenosha-protest-shootings-militia/5634532002/

Edited by James DiEugenio

Apparently, the RIttenhouse kid was only about 35 minutes away in Illinois.  

Secondly, he tried to surrender last night but the police did not arrest him!

I really hope that is not true.  But apparently the cops were very friendly with the militia types, tossing them cold bottles of water.

This association, between the cops and the militias is something that is really dangerous and worrisome.

I am not a lawyer, but this is what they nailed Mike Vick on with his dogfights, that he crossed state lines in setting them up.  

They took down the ad pretty fast from what I read.  Consciousness of guilt.

This is all so ridiculous in so many ways.  The cops shooting an unarmed man 7 times in front of his kids?  A Armed Seventeen Year Old responding to a call from a militia whose assistance was specifically refused by the Sheriff.  Why in hell were they not told to back off, stand down?  No, a cop on site says we appreciate you, we really do.  I think a bomb just went off and the prez likely appreciates it.  The kid will likely be a martyr for killing antifa by his base.  A rallying point.  Is it too late to get him on the RNC? 

8 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

This is all so ridiculous in so many ways.  The cops shooting an unarmed man 7 times in front of his kids?  A Armed Seventeen Year Old responding to a call from a militia whose assistance was specifically refused by the Sheriff.  Why in hell were they not told to back off, stand down?  No, a cop on site says we appreciate you, we really do.  I think a bomb just went off and the prez likely appreciates it.  The kid will likely be a martyr for killing antifa by his base.  A rallying point.  Is it too late to get him on the RNC? 

The "news" on msnbc at the moment about this is the Wisconsin DOJ has ID'd the cop who shot Blake and the Alleged teen shooter was there to help people.  Disgusting, despicable.  Has the cop been charged and arrested? 

The nyt is full of more crap than a Christmas Turkey.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/26/us/kenosha-wisconsin-trump.html?ocid=uxbndlbing

Is the question not why did the officers shoot Blake in the first place, which started this instance of BLM?  They once claimed to be a "newspaper of record".  Horse schit.