The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

On 8/22/2020 at 3:57 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Let us hear from McGovern and the late great Bob Parry on the NY TImes latest attempt to fortify RG:

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/08/21/ray-mcgovern-catapulting-russian-meddling-propaganda/

This deserves closer examination.

McGovern writes:

<quote on>
The “hacking of the DNC” charge suffered a fatal blow three months ago when it became known that Shawn Henry, president of the DNC-hired cyber-security firm CrowdStrike, admitted under oath that his firm had no evidence that the DNC emails were hacked — by Russia or anyone else.

maxresdefault-3-500x281.jpg

(YouTube)

Henry gave his testimony on Dec. 5, 2017, but House Intelligence Committee chair Adam Schiff was able to keep it hidden until May 7, 2020.

Here’s a brief taste of how Henry’s testimony went: Asked by Schiff for “the date on which the Russians exfiltrated the data”, Henry replied, “We just don’t have the evidence that says it actually left.”

. <quote off>

From the testimony of Shawn Henry cited by McGovern:

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/sh21.pdf

<quote on, pg 24>

MR. STEWART of UTAH: And would you just conclude with what you discovered and how you discovered it and what you did with that information?

MR. HENRY: So we did - we did some forensic analysis in the environment. we deployed technology into the environment, into the network, software called Falcon that essentiatly looks at the processes that are running on different computers in the environment.

We also looked historically at the environment, using a different piece of software to look backwards at what was happening in the environment. And we saw activity that we believed was consistent with activity we’d seen previously and had associated with the Russian Government.

MR. STEWART of UTAH: And can you identify that as being -- with a fair degree of confidence that it's associated with the Russian Government?

MR. HENRY: We said that we had a high degree of confidence it was the Russian Government. And our analysts that looked at it that had looked at the types of attacks before, many different types of attacks similar to this in different environments, certain tools that were used, certain methods by which they were moving in the environment, and looking at the types of data that was being targeted, that it was consistent with a nation-state adversary and associated with Russian intelligence...

<pg 31-32>

MR. CONAWAY: Turn it over to the ranking member.

MR. SCHIFF: Thank you, Mr. Chairman.
I just have a couple followup questions. Then l,m going to turn it over to Mr. Castro. Welcome, and thank you for coming to testify. My colleague asked you whether the damage that was done to the DNC through the hack might have been mitigated had the DNC employed your services earlier. Do you know the date in which the Russians exfiltrated the data from the DNC?

MR.HENRYI do. l have to just think about it. I do know.  I mean, it’s in our report that I think the committee has.

MR. SCHIFF: And, to the best of your recollection, when would that have been?

MR. HENRY:  Counsel just reminded me that, as it relates to the DNC, we have indicators that data was exfiltrated. We did not have concrete evidence that data was exfiltrated from the DNC, but we have indicators that it was exfiltrated.

MR. SCHIFF: And the indicators that it was exfiltrated, when does it indicate that would have taken place?

MR. HENRY: Again, it's in the report. I believe -- I believe it was April of 2016. l’m confused on the date. I think it was April, but it's in the report.

MR. SCHIFF: lt provides in the report on 2016, April 22nd, data staged for exfiltration by the Fancy Bear actor.

MR.HENRY: Yes, sir.  So that, again, staged for, sure which, I mean, there’s not -- the analogy I used with Mr. Stewart earlier was we don't have video of it happening, but there are indicators that it happened. There are times when we can see data exfiltrated, and we can say conclusively. But in this case, it appears it was set up to be exfiltrated, but we just don't have the evidence that says it actually was.

<quote off>

Could Ray McGovern be any more intellectually dishonest?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Bob:

This is the guy you want me to listen to?

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/andy-ngo-right-wing-xxxxx-antifa-877914/

BTW, in that article it repeats what Wray said to Trump about how dangerous the rightwing militias were.  Is Wray lying to the president? 

27 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Rand Paul "attacked" by protestors after RNC appearance.  Somehow, this is how it should be.

See embedded video:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sen-rand-paul-i-was-attacked-by-an-angry-mob-following-trumps-rnc-speech/ar-BB18sKE8?li=BBnb7Kz

Protester to cop: "No, you get the xxxx back!"

IMO, Rand Paul is being blackmailed to suck up to Trump.

He used to be an erstwhile Trump critic, but he did a 180 during the past (?) 18 months, and has become one of Trump's chief GOP scrotum-polishers in the Senate.

An alternative explanation is that Paul's constituents in Kentucky are all rabid MAGAts.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

If it's on Twitter it must be true.

I've come to the realization that I'm not qualified to vote in the upcoming election. I agree with the old adage that goes back to at least Thomas Jefferson that democracy or self-government depends (in Jefferson's words) "on people who are well informed." I don't qualify, since I don't have any Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Whatnot, etc. etc. etc. accounts. My lack of information is exemplified by the fact that I had never heard of Andy Ngo. But the realization that I'm not qualified hit me days ago when I read about a tweet that Richard Spencer is endorsing Joe Biden. This was treated like big news on another forum I belong to, and I caught hell for having the ignorance to ask who Richard Spencer is.

Bottom line is, I'm too ill-informed to vote. And it won't be necessary for Robert Wheeler to post that he agrees with me 100 percent.

54 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

IMO, Rand Paul is being blackmailed to suck up to Trump.

He used to be an erstwhile Trump critic, but he did a 180 during the past (?) 18 months, and has become one of Trump's chief GOP scrotum-polishers in the Senate.

An alternative explanation is that Paul's constituents in Kentucky are all rabid MAGAts.

Rand Paul is responsible for the rise of Mitch McConnell, like a turd from the pipes of political obscurity,

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Local politics in Kentucky are as bad as they come.

And "My Old Kentucky Home" is such a pretty song. Turns out it's just state propaganda.

I'll bet the grass in Kentucky isn't even blue.

On 8/25/2020 at 3:07 PM, Steve Thomas said:

"Emily Miller, the Trump-loving spokeswoman for the Food and Drug Administration who was hired just eleven days ago, has already been fired.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/trump-loving-fda-spokeswoman-booted-from-her-job-after-just-11-days/

The New York Times reports that FDA commissioner Dr. Stephen M. Hahn gave Miller the ax after she “fumbled communications about a blood plasma treatment for Covid-19.”

Miller, a longtime gun rights activist and former journalist for the far-right One America News Network, has now tied the record for shortest tenure at a Trump administration job after former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci was similarly ousted after just eleven days."

“Ms. Miller could not be reached for comment.”

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

11 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

This deserves closer examination.

McGovern writes:

<quote on>
The “hacking of the DNC” charge suffered a fatal blow three months ago when it became known that Shawn Henry, president of the DNC-hired cyber-security firm CrowdStrike, admitted under oath that his firm had no evidence that the DNC emails were hacked — by Russia or anyone else.

maxresdefault-3-500x281.jpg

(YouTube)

Henry gave his testimony on Dec. 5, 2017, but House Intelligence Committee chair Adam Schiff was able to keep it hidden until May 7, 2020.

Here’s a brief taste of how Henry’s testimony went: Asked by Schiff for “the date on which the Russians exfiltrated the data”, Henry replied, “We just don’t have the evidence that says it actually left.”

. <quote off>

From the testimony of Shawn Henry cited by McGovern:

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/sh21.pdf

<quote on, pg 24>

MR. STEWART of UTAH: And would you just conclude with what you discovered and how you discovered it and what you did with that information?

MR. HENRY: So we did - we did some forensic analysis in the environment. we deployed technology into the environment, into the network, software called Falcon that essentiatly looks at the processes that are running on different computers in the environment.

We also looked historically at the environment, using a different piece of software to look backwards at what was happening in the environment. And we saw activity that we believed was consistent with activity we’d seen previously and had associated with the Russian Government.

MR. STEWART of UTAH: And can you identify that as being -- with a fair degree of confidence that it's associated with the Russian Government?

MR. HENRY: We said that we had a high degree of confidence it was the Russian Government. And our analysts that looked at it that had looked at the types of attacks before, many different types of attacks similar to this in different environments, certain tools that were used, certain methods by which they were moving in the environment, and looking at the types of data that was being targeted, that it was consistent with a nation-state adversary and associated with Russian intelligence...

<pg 31-32>

MR. CONAWAY: Turn it over to the ranking member.

MR. SCHIFF: Thank you, Mr. Chairman.
I just have a couple followup questions. Then l,m going to turn it over to Mr. Castro. Welcome, and thank you for coming to testify. My colleague asked you whether the damage that was done to the DNC through the hack might have been mitigated had the DNC employed your services earlier. Do you know the date in which the Russians exfiltrated the data from the DNC?

MR.HENRYI do. l have to just think about it. I do know.  I mean, it’s in our report that I think the committee has.

MR. SCHIFF: And, to the best of your recollection, when would that have been?

MR. HENRY:  Counsel just reminded me that, as it relates to the DNC, we have indicators that data was exfiltrated. We did not have concrete evidence that data was exfiltrated from the DNC, but we have indicators that it was exfiltrated.

MR. SCHIFF: And the indicators that it was exfiltrated, when does it indicate that would have taken place?

MR. HENRY: Again, it's in the report. I believe -- I believe it was April of 2016. l’m confused on the date. I think it was April, but it's in the report.

MR. SCHIFF: lt provides in the report on 2016, April 22nd, data staged for exfiltration by the Fancy Bear actor.

MR.HENRY: Yes, sir.  So that, again, staged for, sure which, I mean, there’s not -- the analogy I used with Mr. Stewart earlier was we don't have video of it happening, but there are indicators that it happened. There are times when we can see data exfiltrated, and we can say conclusively. But in this case, it appears it was set up to be exfiltrated, but we just don't have the evidence that says it actually was.

<quote off>

Could Ray McGovern be any more intellectually dishonest?

Yeah they don't need an exfil date to draw conclusions about what happened. Because this is highly classified Intel conclusions the only information publicly revealed will be not be the end all. Snowden revealed the Bull Run program and anyone interested in the subject should look into it. My guess is Bull Run has been eclipsed years ago.

13 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

FBI says it may have destroyed records on Trump’s brother Robert

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/fbi-says-it-may-have-destroyed-records-on-trumps-brother-robert/

The FBI, in its letter, went on to tell Leopold, “Records potentially responsive to your request were destroyed. Since this material could not be reviewed, it is not known if it was responsive to your request.”

The letter was signed by the FBI’s Michael G. Seidel, section chief for record information.

Questions:

The admission of destroying Robert Trump's records couldn't be more clearly acknowledged.

Why would they have records on Robert Trump in the first place?

How long have they been creating his file - decades? 

Do they ever state why they check out figures like R. Trump?

What the heck was in their R.Trump files?

Do they routinely destroy files on people they have chosen to follow, investigate and record? Especially within just days of their death?

Oh, I forgot. James Hosty destroyed Lee Harvey Oswald's FBI file the day after Jack Ruby whacked him.

I've read that R. Trump's cause of death was related to a fall?

Some part of R. Trump's medical record was obviously released to bolster this report. Selective release, as always. Well at least Trump's hospital and doctors didn't destroy his entire record.

One would assume that some day soon the FBI will probably say they have destroyed Donald Trump's records as well.

Trump has them in his pocket, AG Barr is his personal fixer attorney now, he owns the Supreme Court, he owns the Senate, Trump has emasculated the media more than any other president, he has his man controlling the Postal Service, he's got Shawn Hannity and Tucker Carlson ...

All the Democrats have is the Congress. 

What a huge one sided power play on Trump's ( and his wealthy backer's) part.  No wonder the Democrats are losing at every turn

Edited by Joe Bauer

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/28/politics/donald-trump-kamala-harris-attack/index.html

At his campaign rally in New Hampshirem Trump said,

“You know, I want to see the first woman president also, but I don't want to see a woman president get into that position the way she'd do it -- and she's not competent. She's not competent. They're all saying, 'We want Ivanka.' I don't blame you,"

1) In a tweet, Eric Trump said Kamala Harris was a whorendous choice. He later took that tweet down.

Here we go.

2) “Everybody” is asking for Ivanka. Is Trump going to blame his poor poll numbers on Mike Pence and dump him for Ivanka just before the election?

Is he going to pick a woman because Biden picked a woman? Will this be his "October surprise"?

Are we being groomed for a dynasty?

Steve Thomas

MAKE IT STOP

MAKE IT STOP

DOJ interviewed USPS board member Bill Zollars in federal fraud investigation

Steve Mnuchin gave Bill Zollars' former company a $700 million loan to continue Pentagon work despite fraud probe

https://www.salon.com/2020/08/28/doj-interviewed-usps-board-member-bill-zollars-in-federal-fraud-investigation/

"A recently-appointed member of the U.S. Postal Service Board of Governors has been interviewed by Department of Justice investigators, as part of a federal suit filed against his former freight company for defrauding the Pentagon of millions of dollars, court documents show.

About two weeks after Bill Zollars, the former chairman, president and CEO of YRC Worldwide, Inc., was confirmed to the USPS board by the Senate in June, the Treasury Department awarded his former company a $700 million COVID relief loan. That came from funds designated for Pentagon contractors — but Zollars' former company, which he left in 2011, has been accused of defrauding the Pentagon during his tenure."

"Zollars also currently sits on the board of directors for Prologis, a logistics multinational that rents industrial real estate to the Postal Service, as well as to competitors such as UPS and FedEx.

HuffPost reported Wednesday that Prologis financial documents from this spring show that Zollars has been compensated with stock shares worth more than $1 million, and that he holds options to purchase thousands more shares. Zollars' Prologis bio says that he serves on the compensation committee."

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas