The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

I was going to commend you for not using the word "fascist" in your post comment, and then I was reminded of that quote about God protecting drunks, so I looked it up.

“God has a special providence for fools, drunkards, and the United States of America.”

It turns out Otto von Biskmark said it, a proto-fascist if there ever was one.

You are a fountain of fascist knowledge Cliff, even without trying. 

Fascist.

There. All better!

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Is it possible to wait 24 hours before deleting salient memes and cartoons around here?  🤥

They use up a lot of digital storage space, but some pictures are worth a thousand words.

1486ckCOMICbetterbuzzbarr.png

Edited by W. Niederhut

Congressman Schiff said Trump could  face criminal charges after he leaves the oval office. He has had problems with the law prior to his political career....

A federal judge in the Southern District of California on Monday finalized a $25 million settlement to be paid to attendees of the now-defunct real estate seminar called Trump University.

Judge Gonzalo Curiel's decision came after an appeals court rejected arguments from a Florida woman who attended Trump University and said she wanted to pursue a separate lawsuit.

New York Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman called the settlement a victory for Trump U. "victims."

"Judge Curiel's order finalizing the $25 million Trump University settlement means that victims of Donald Trump's fraudulent university will finally receive the relief they deserve," he said in a statement, adding that the amount surpassed the initial number the class-action suit initially negotiated.

"This settlement marked a stunning reversal by President Trump, who for years refused to compensate the victims of his sham university," the statement added. "My office won't hesitate to hold those who commit fraud accountable, no matter how rich or powerful they may be."

Former employees and students of Trump University, Donald Trump's now-defunct, unaccredited clearinghouse for real estate courses, declared the business a scam in testimony released as part of a class-action lawsuit. In the sworn testimony recently unsealed by U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel, two former employees described Trump University as a get-rich-quick scheme orchestrated by the reality TV star at the expense of the financially unsavvy.

The testimony, along with newly released "sales playbooks," shows the aggressive sales tactics Trump's employees were trained to use on the unsuspecting. The pitch began with a free 90-minute seminar designed to coax customers into paying for more courses. The prices of these courses ranged from $1,495 for the "Profit From Real Estate Workshop" to $34,995 for the "Trump Gold Elite" package, a three-day retreat

Federal appeals court rules $25M Trump University settlement can go forward

Trump University was a for-profit series of courses about real estate and entrepreneurship that also pushed people to buy Trump's books.

trump-university-gty-jt-180409_hpEmbed_1

10 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

How about some classics from when Mueller was relevant.

Maybe one day someone here will look into who the Tugwell, in Tugwell Mueller Associates was, and a light bulb will go off.

bissell_Mueller.jpg

tugwell_Mueller.jpg

Mueller didn’t go after Trump’s kids. Or Trump’s finances.

He didn’t press Trump for in-person questioning. He let Bill Barr mis-represent the Mueller Report before breaking his silence 2 months later.

Perfect cover-up man for such brazen crimes.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Here’s the big lie Robert is promoting, from the linked article:

.In other words, the United States, Europe and Poroshenko himself are satisfied with Shokin’s work. The only one who wants his resignation is a massive scheme team led by Biden.

What a whopper that one is!

Trump and his followers are pathological...

48 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

It’s a good thing the DNC has Cuomo in the wings waiting to replace the old “Pony Soldier”, malarkey makin’  kid sniffer Uncle Joe.

Trump was sued for pedophile rape, btw.

Didn't Trump go after Biden and his son charging them with a fake scandal in the Ukraine? Didn't it blowback against Trump so that he got impeached, an impeachment that will be in the history books forever?  There is still time for impeachment 2.0.

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

It’s a good thing the DNC has Cuomo in the wings waiting to replace the old “Pony Soldier”, malarkey makin’  kid sniffer Uncle Joe.

Who didn’t see this coming a mile away?

Let's harken back to those heady days when this rumor was floated about Mike Pence engineered to step in after a Trump step-down.  This was before Pence stepped in it and made himself even less desirable than Trump.

If Cuomo were rush-swapped for Biden before the election, it would be a no-win candidacy.  Despite all his flailing press moves, Cuomo isn't known south and west of Ohio, and the party would just look weak(er).

Edited by David Andrews

6 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

It's my Northeast bias. I see a lot of Cuomo. 

NJ Gov. Murphy is on my list of Biden replacements too.

Also Gov. Newsome. I just don't see his face as much as Cuomo and Murphy, but maybe the rest of the country can more easily pick him out of line-up than I can.

Newsom.

2 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Trump was sued for pedophile rape, btw.

And like Trump thinks the virus may do, the suit just disappeared.

21 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

I don't think it "just" disappeared.  It Was disappeared.  The virus might not be as cooperative, or intimidated into submission. 

Edited by Ron Bulman

56 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

On the Saturday before the election the plaintiff canceled her press conference.