The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

46 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Most notably, Trump refused to answer the $750 question about his taxes

I thought he answered it. When asked if he paid $750, he said that he paid "millions." In fact Wallace repeated his answer. "You paid millions?"

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

A national embarrassment , any hope of civic discourse and responsibility degenerates into another new product  line of Trump Douchebaggage.

Boy, Chris Wallace sure had a hard time controlling Trump. He should have been firm in the beginning. I'm not sure if it's Wallace or Biden who was supposed to clean up the poo poo from Trump's pants.

The people who would think Trump won the debate are people who would congratulate themselves for shouting down the opposition in a debate. I watched the Fox spin, and said they were continually "talking over each other" but that wasn't a fair depiction. Trump kept talking over Biden, trying to unnerve him, and stopping him before he could say anything, and  after a few times, Biden's not just going to relinquish his time for Trump interruptions and they were talking at the same time.

Very little got done and I'm hardly surprised. I knew Trump would try to overrun Biden, and honestly after all Biden's inactivity of late, wondered if Biden could find the the right balance between fighting back and appearing too passive. And he did and he didn't rattle. Trump was way too much and appeared like the challenger trying to make up lost ground in the very last debate.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

I thought he answered it. When asked if he paid $750, he said that he paid "millions." In fact Wallace repeated his answer. "You paid millions?"

I noticed Wallace gave Trump's Tax scandal just two or minutes of attention before he quickly and sharply cut it off and completely moved on to another subject.

Trump's tax release is the main hot news cycle of the last 2 days and Wallace cut the subject off. I believe Biden could have slammed Trump big time if Wallace would have kept the subject going with follow up questions.

Wallace's actions in burying this Trump problem was the only suspicious thought I had. It was too obvious.

In my immediate internet news search looking for debate commentary I clicked onto Politico and saw an article that reported my exact observation regarding Wallace cutting off the Trump Tax debacle subject which had been posted there within minutes of the debate ending.

Someone else noticed this Wallace action and felt it was suspicious like me considering the Trump tax story is the latest big time main news now and all over every news media venue nationwide.

Trump seemed horrible in his bullying, interrupting and exaggerated facial grimacing.

Trump hardly ever smiles and didn't tonight. Biden smiled almost a little too much but it was infectious ( reminded me of the Grinch!) and better than seeing the Trump scowl.

Trump attacked Biden's son and Biden in a great and more presidential sounding response turned to the TV audience and said this wasn't about Trump and Biden's children and attacking them. It was about all the children "out there" in America who may be struggling through these crazy times.

And Biden honestly let America know that the Biden son Trump was disparaging had a drug problem during the time he had some failed endeavors, but praised his son's courage to deal with it and to defeat it and said he was proud of his son and loved him!

If that honest and compassionate sharing to the American public didn't resonate and touch the tens of millions of American parents who have dealt with the suffering of their children in such common struggles, nothing will.

I think this loving father humanity Biden showed toward his son will win him more votes from empathizing parents all across the country than most other issues.  Good for you JOE! A loving father you are.

I would think that at least some of the 2 or 3 million undecideds in this country had to be far from impressed with stern and angry faced "Il Duce"  look alike Trump tonight, especially in his civil debate rule disrespecting and moderator abusing mode.

Edited by Joe Bauer

They should never let Fox host a first debate again.

Wallace could not  control Trump.  To the point that I am not sure he really wanted to.

If I was Biden, I would hold a press conference tomorrow and say: I will not participate again unless the moderator can turn off the guy's mike when he goes over. And when the other guy is speaking.

Biden should have never had to say "Shut Up man."

Trump's Outrageous Bullying Behavior Turns Debate Into "National Embarrassment."

All post debate polls trash Trump by 60% to 30% margins on average.

Most common reaction expressed ... "sickening."

Repubs blame/trash moderator Wallace.  

Trump shredded the rulebook and any sense of decorum.

Edited by Joe Bauer

50 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

All post debate polls trash Trump by 60% to 30% margins on average.

Well, yeah...but if you check the news, he lost the 2016 debates to Hillary by a comparable margin.  Look how well that turned out.

I think the bulk of his base doesn't watch debates - too much intellectualizing for their reactionary needs.  And then there's the Russians.

Edited by David Andrews

Biden needs to hit harder on the racism and social divisiveness of the Trump admin.  He should also - instead of pussyfooting around the "law and order" issue - find a way of accusing Trump of dividing law enforcement from its civic duty, and dividing the public from respect of law enforcement.  The business of Trump telling cops early on to roughhouse prisoners as they put them in patrol cars is a good place to start that ball rolling.

On the whole, Biden needs to open more answers with accusatory statements.  I doubt he'd lose any respect, certainly not after the many times he waited out the bell on each punishing round of the first debate.

Edited by David Andrews