The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

China and Russia plotting to bring down America in this time of crisis and chaos

https://medium.com/@Douglas_Schoen/wake-up-america-china-and-russia-are-plotting-to-destroy-us-1530d0448316

Apparently the Islamofascist threat has run its course.

This vulpine sheep is being trotted out of his pen as well, like a show animal:

https://www.salon.com/2020/09/17/noam-chomsky-we-are-facing-the-most-dangerous-moment-in-human-history_partner/

Say - what do we do now that we can put a face to our enemies?

Edited by David Andrews
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Apparently the Islamofascist threat has run its course.

It's almost as if they only existed because they were allowed to exist.

Come to think about it, we haven't had a school/church shooting in a while. (Knock on wood.)

Those school shooters seemed to have gone the way of all those classic '70s serial killers.

Dave McGowan certainly had some interesting things.

This is Ripley's, folks...  🙁

Check out Donald's drug-addled diatribe today against Howard Zinn and the de-mythologizing of traditional American history.

My question.  Who is writing this nonsense for the Donald?  The guy has never read a book in his life, and he's lecturing to us about historiography?

Something about this reminds me of Hitler and his goons "correcting" art and pedagogy in the Third Reich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eRSaUrg82s

Edited by W. Niederhut

This is a Trump focus group giving their reactions to mock Trump campaign ads.

Yes---- it's worse than you probably ever imagined.

For once, Triumph the insult comic dog is actually upstaged by the respondents.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Kirk.

I saw that Triumph the Dog video earlier.

The scariest part for me was that not one of the "focus group" members recognized that it was not Trump speaking.

They were like mindless zombies. They just heard the words, and that's all it took.

Steve Thomas

9 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

This is Ripley's, folks...  🙁

Check out Donald's drug-addled diatribe today against Howard Zinn and the de-mythologizing of traditional American history.

My question.  Who is writing this nonsense for the Donald?  The guy has never read a book in his life, and he's lecturing to us about historiography?

Something about this reminds me of Hitler and his goons "correcting" art and pedagogy in the Third Reich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eRSaUrg82s

Excuse me for talking to myself here but, as erstwhile historians, forum members here must, surely, be concerned about Trump's latest proposal.

He is, essentially, saying that we need to replace true history-- including the writings of Howard Zinn, Eric Foner, Peter Kuznick, and Oliver Stone-- with white supremacist mythology.

This is another Trump page from the Nazi playbook.

Where conspiracy theories meet Jesus: Inside the ‘upside-down fantasy world’ of Trump rallies

By Chauncey Devega, Salon 09/18/20

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/where-conspiracy-theories-meet-jesus-inside-the-upside-down-fantasy-world-of-trump-rallies/

“Hoffman traveled some 5,000 miles across the country attending Trump rallies, and spent almost 200 hours talking with the Trump faithful who attend those events.”

“In his book, “xxxx’s Circus: A Strange and Terrible Journey Into the Upside-Down World of Trump’s MAGA Rallies, (Carl) Hoffman explains that Donald Trump’s rallies function as a form of alternate reality for his followers. This “upside-down world” is tied together by conspiracy theories, ignorance, racism and a longing for an earlier time in America where life was “simpler” because nonwhite people, LGBTQ people, women and other marginalized groups “knew their place” and white Christian straight men were understood as the most essential Americans. Hoffman also explores the similarity between Trump’s rallies and evangelical church revivals where the sick are healed, sinners are “born again” and the charismatic preacher is seen as a semi-divine prophet.”

“Donald Trump’s world is an upside-down one. It is a fantasy world. One of the most popular songs at a Trump rally is “YMCA” by the Village People. There are 22,000 people pantomiming the letters YMCA at a Trump rally. The next person that comes on the stage is Vice President Pence. Out of 22,000 people, untold thousands of them are fundamentalist, evangelical Christians who think homosexuality is a sin. And yet their favorite song is a disco hit about having anonymous gay sex at the YMCA.”

“I was shocked and surprised to see that at a Trump rally it is hyper-lit —it is incredibly bright and there are no shadows. I shared that observation with a woman in Dallas. She explained to me that it is like church. Trump’s rallies are like a church revival. You want to see the preacher, and the preacher wants to see you. The idea of being “born again,” what does that mean? To be born again means you have to die.”

“The idea of being reborn is something that happens because the preacher convinces you that the world is evil, and that you’re sinning so badly that you essentially die, and then he brings you back. At a traditional church revival, people faint, they pass out and then they come back to life and they are reborn. I have seen this happen at Trump rallies. I have watched people fall out at a Trump rally and then be carried out on stretchers and placed near the front row.”

That is scary stuff.

Steve Thomas

PS: The Forum's software is apparently set up to delete the word that is synonymous for someone who doesn't tell the truth. The first word of Hoffman's book is "Someone Who Doesn't Tell the Truth's" Circus.

Edited by Steve Thomas
1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Excuse me for talking to myself here but, as erstwhile historians, forum members here must, surely, be concerned about Trump's latest proposal.

He is, essentially, saying that we need to replace true history-- including the writings of Howard Zinn, Eric Foner, Peter Kuznick, and Oliver Stone-- with white supremacist mythology.

This is another Trump page from the Nazi playbook.

Have you considered putting yourself on a cycle of Thiothixene?

Talking to yourself, and paranoia, as demonstrated by your insistence everyone else is a Nazi, are clearly demonstrative of schizophrenia.

Incredibly, there are members of the yoga and new age communities that are buying into the QAnon conspiracy theories. When a friend pointed this out to me, drawing comparisons between some of today’s rallies in places like Berlin to similar rallies in the early 1930’s where the crowds were combinations of far rightists and new age religionists (think Rudolf Steiner or Madame Blavatsky), I was incredulous until it was proven true. I watched a video presentation by a woman yogi with 70,000 YouTube followers which portrayed Trump as the ‘light bringer, sent to break apart the old systems and usher in the new age. Leaving aside the Christian rhetoric, something similar is happening among Radical Left voices. One example is Chris Hedges, who is publicly proclaiming that a choice between Trump and Biden is no real choice at all, and recommending that we follow his lead and vote Green Party. I think it’s safe to say that QAnon reaches the far left and alternate lifestyle people because there is truth underlying the central tenet that our government, indeed most governments, are corrupted by greedy capitalists. That’s why Bill Gates has joined their pantheon of billionaire evil doers along with Soros and others, and their government facilitators like the Clintons, who are working to drag all world citizens into their dictatorial One World Government. It’s very sophisticated propaganda, and it’s been in the works since before Trump became president. 

59 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

. One example is Chris Hedges, who is publicly proclaiming that a choice between Trump and Biden is no real choice at all, and recommending that we follow his lead and vote Green Party.

Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor.

Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh.

No real choice between Obama’s Supreme Court Justices and Trump’s?

The ignorance is staggering!

46 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I was incredulous until it was proven true. I watched a video presentation by a woman yogi with 70,000 YouTube followers which portrayed Trump as the ‘light bringer, sent to break apart the old systems and usher in the new age. Leaving aside the Christian rhetoric, something similar is happening among Radical Left voices.

I would guess that those Radical Left voices are mostly made up of disgusted Bernie supporters who saw what happened to him in the 2016 primaries. Two of the main guys that I follow were pretty ardent supporters of Bernie and they started looking very deeply into the machinations of the DNC that resulted in the nomination going to Hillary. The more they looked, the Deeper the Rabbit hole went, and still goes.

Another Bernie supporter, lawyer Jared Beck, got involved in the Summer of 2016 by bringing a lawsuit against the DNC and he ended up uncovering a ton of underhanded maneuvers that undermined Bernie's efforts. In short, the DNC had been under Clinton control since September 2015, when the Clinton Campaign loaned the DNC enough funds to avoid insolvency. This loan was not known to the Bernie Campaign. When Becks two witnesses ended up dead in the Summer of 2016, Seth Rich and Shawn Lucas, it turned into a murder mystery.

The murder mystery aspect attracted a lot more interest, because who doesn't like a murder mystery better than a mail fraud/election tampering story?

That's when the Trump supporters started to get involved. Prior to Rich and Lucas getting murdered, the controversy was mostly considered just another example of Party in-fighting and horse trading.   

5 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1306408278755164160

Reporter: “The U.S. has 4% of the global population and 24% of the world’s COVID-19 death, how is that a success?”

Kayleigh McEnany : “We use different numbers”

Steve Thomas

The mass death is all part of the joke those us not in the know don't get.

2 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Have you considered putting yourself on a cycle of Thiothixene?

Talking to yourself, and paranoia, as demonstrated by your insistence everyone else is a Nazi, are clearly demonstrative of schizophrenia.

Good example of projection-- from the forum's best known paranoiac.

But nay, Rob, far from insisting that "everyone is a Nazi," I'm merely pointing out that Trump is openly following the fascist playbook-- now proposing that the teaching of American history should be replaced by the propagation of fascist mythology.

Since Trump knows very little about history or historiography, where is his latest fascist manifesto coming from-- Miller?  Bannon?  Rush Limbaugh?

Any thoughts about the actual subject of my posts?

3 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

. When a friend pointed this out to me, drawing comparisons between some of today’s rallies in places like Berlin to similar rallies in the early 1930’s where the crowds were combinations of far rightists and new age religionists (think Rudolf Steiner or Madame Blavatsky), I was incredulous until it was proven true.

Well... If Hitler had had YouTube...