• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

17 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Is Wheeler in a Fox time warp?

Wheeler: 1)Statistically, what are his chances if he is asymptomatic?

Remember Niederhut, in the entire history of modern medicine, up until 2020, a "case" of a disease was defined as a person showing symptoms of the disease and a positive test for the disease.

As already said:Trump's exhibiting symptoms,nd they're taking him to Walter Reed..

Wheeler 2)Or to force Biden to get tested so he does not have an excuse to back out of a Second Debate.

As said: Biden's been tested. 'Wheeler just can't conceive that Biden would willfully take a test after Trump who could well have been infected was yelling at him during the debate. Wheeler , like Trump would just bury his head in the sand, and show no concern for infecting someone else.

Wheeler:3)Alternatively, how is it going to look when Biden "catches" the virus and stops all campaigning, even from his basement, because he has to recuperate, and Trump goes back to doing his rallies next week.

First Biden  has to catch the virus. Trump's quarantined for a couple of weeks. If he cheats , he looks like even more of a fool now that he's been afflicted. This  kind of naive faith spin that a Trump  setback is some "ace in the hole" for Trump, you often hear from Trump cultist like Wheeler.

Wheeler:4)Trump is already doing a virtual rally tonight. 

As said: Virtual rally cancelled

We don't know if Hicks didn't get it from Trump!

Wheeler has been pushing his theory that Biden is feeble, demented, on the brink of expiring, to be replaced by Andrew Cuomo, etc., for weeks now -- and he's determined to ignore any contrary evidence.

I suppose that we're all heavily invested in our own theories and paradigms, but most of us are, at least, willing to acknowledge and contemplate the contrary evidence.  

I doubt that Wheeler has even considered the possibility that reports of Joe Biden's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Michael Moore: It’s Possible Trump ‘Lying About Having COVID-19’ to ‘Gain Sympathy’

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/10/02/michael-moore-its-possible-trump-lying-about-having-covid-19-to-gain-sympathy/

First Joe and now Michael Moore. I think that theory is so bogus. Trump first tried to hide it. There's now way Trump would want his followers to see he caught the virus. He's been riding the "covid hoax" aura of invincibility, and now it's a sham! 4 people have caught the virus at Amy Coney  Barrett ceremony. Utah Senator Mike Lee got it.

Steve was mentioning that if he had a quick recovery he could try to spin it as being a brave Trump who reaffirms his invincibility. That might be so, but it would only be with his base. The undecided voter is probably not absolutely positive about the magnitude of the virus, has weighed the conflicting opinions between mask wearers and non mask wearers and after Trump's mocking Biden for wearing a mask at the debates, this is a big defeat for Trump. Biden can make whatever rules he wants in the upcoming debates including turning off Trump's mic, going virtual or he doesn't necessarily have to debate anymore at all. But  I'm not sure what route he'll take.

After the last time, you're always hesitant to make definitive statements as you don't want to be arrogant and cause anybody to stay home. But there was never a prospect of Trump winning the popular vote. Now the only question is Trump trying to legally throw out state results and bring it to a House of Representative ":one state one vote" because he probably can't win in the electoral college either. If Biden shows up with a pulse, Trump is toast!

Trump, by his own definition of John Mc Cain and not mine, is a "loser' who "got caught." But what's worse is that he's probably the nucleus of some high profile super spreader events. I've just heard 11 people have now contracted the virus through the debates!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

I think he is only taking down his negative ads.

3 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

If Biden shows up with a pulse, Trump is toast!

Ha!

I mentioned I couldn't help having a "kernel" of doubt regards this covid situation being true.

But now, that kernel is not my belief.

If Trump gets seriously ill, all I can say is things are getting crazier and crazier.

Up until 8 months ago, no one could have thought that things are the way they are in our world right now.

3 hours ago, David Andrews said:

For once, I just have nothing to say.  There's a lot I'm tempted to say, but none of it's rational or complementary, or even humane.

David,

I agree that this is no time for schadenfreude.

In fact, I heard that the Secret Service has just moved Mike Pence to Trump International Golf Course, in case Pence has to assume Trump's daily executive responsibilities.

Hope has been contagious in Trump campaign circles this week, according to one source.

I agree we shouldn't derive pleasure, but we shouldn't focus so much on the Trumps that we ignore the 209,000 that passed before them.

The best thing that can come from this is a change of heart and a resolution to seriously fight the virus, but I have my doubts.

The Trump family and entourage that came into the debates, entered with masks, then took them off when seated. It took place at the Cleveland Clinic and when they took off their masks they were asked to please put them back on and the hosts were scoffed at, and refused.

The woman who recently left the Trump White House who said that from the beginning in January, Trump's reaction to the pandemic only seemed to be focused on himself and his re election now says there have been no real protocols within  the White House.  Trump's made statements that he's being tested every day, and it looks like that it's just more Trump BS. Kellyanne Conway is now infected. Somebody tested positive on the 16th!. We can't say for sure Trump didn't first infect Hicks!.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

21 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I agree we shouldn't derive pleasure, but we shouldn't focus so much on the Trumps that we ignore the 209,000 that passed before them.

The best thing that can come from this is a change of heart and a resolution to seriously fight the virus, but I have my doubts.

The Trump family and entourage that came into the debates, entered with masks, then took them off when seated. It took place at the Cleveland Clinic and when they took off their masks they were asked to please put them back on and the hosts were scoffed at, and refused.

The woman who recently left the Trump White House who said that from the beginning in January, Trump's reaction to the pandemic only seemed to be focused on himself and his re election now says there have been no real protocols within  the White House.  Trump's made statements that he's being tested every day, and it looks like that it's just more Trump BS. Kellyanne Conway is now infected. Somebody tested positive on the 16th!. We can't say for sure Trump didn't first infect Hicks!.

Agree.

If you count, there are five in the immediate entourage who have it:  the Trumps, Hicks, Conway and the Campaign Manager.  (How you run a race without the candidate or CM eludes me.)

But it also appears that two senators have it and it is probably from the introduction by Trump of Barrett.

IMO, Trump decided to make this issue political from the beginning.  He is now paying the price for it.  I derive no pleasure at all from saying that.  Certainly not in a practical sense since I think Biden would have an easier time with Trump if he was on the campaign trail.

But I really do hope he takes the best advice and does not disobey his doctors.  Meanwhile, how do you contact trace everyone those five have been near in say the last week?

Edited by James DiEugenio

I have a question about the line of succession.

I had always understood that if the President and Vice-President both become incapacitated, that the line of succession passes to the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

I read the other day that this open to some doubt, and that the Republican Party is already preparing lawsuits to prevent that from happening.

Can anyone clarify that for me?

Thanks,

Steve Thomas

35 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

I have a question about the line of succession.

I had always understood that if the President and Vice-President both become incapacitated, that the line of succession passes to the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

I read the other day that this open to some doubt, and that the Republican Party is already preparing lawsuits to prevent that from happening.

Can anyone clarify that for me?

Thanks,

Steve Thomas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_Succession_Act

Presidential Succession Act

The United States Presidential Succession Act is a federal statute establishing the presidential line of succession.[1] Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 of the United States Constitution authorizes Congress to enact such a statute:

Congress may by Law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acting_president_of_the_United_States
If the president dies, resigns or is removed from office, the vice president automatically becomes president. Likewise, were a president-elect to die during the transition period, or decline to serve, the vice president-elect would become president on Inauguration Day. A vice president can also become the acting president if the president becomes incapacitated. However, should the presidency and vice presidency both become vacant, the statutory successor called upon would not become president, but would only be acting as president.
Read the essays on Presidential Succession following Section 10 on this website:
https://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/2/essays/83/presidential-succession
about 1/4 down the page.
"Debate surrounding that issue has been a constant since the first succession law, with many scholars contending that neither the Speaker of the House of Representatives nor president pro tempore of the Senate is an officer in the sense contemplated by the Constitution."
Steve Thomas
Edited by Steve Thomas