The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

4 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Did Joe happen to poke his head out of the basement today? Did he see his shadow and go back down? I can't seem to find any press coverage.

Rob,

You missed my point entirely.  American Presidential nominees in our nation's history traditionally refrained entirely from "campaigning" after receiving their party's nominations for the Presidency.  They usually sequestered themselves in their homes and assiduously refrained from commenting on the upcoming elections.

Of course, we all know that this admirable American tradition eventually went the way of the dodo, long before the current age of multi-billion dollar expenditures on television ads, and staged campaign blathering.

This week, during a major COVID surge in many parts of the U.S., Sean Hannity and Trump's goon squad are ridiculing Joe Biden for doing precisely what many of America's greatest Presidents did-- refraining from self-promotion.

Meanwhile, Trump is frantically deploying his "Firehose of Falsehoods" approach to gas-lighting his mask-free cult from the stump.  No surprise.  Conning people is the one thing Trump is good at.

But, if you really believe that Trump's latest Firehose of Falsehoods methodology is beneficial for this country, we'll have to agree to disagree.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/10/trump-lies-disinformation-playbook/

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

This is not unlike the Podesta emails purely by coincidence being released when Trump's grab them by the genitals tape was released.

An even bigger “coincidence” that day —the Obama Administration formally accused the Russian gov’t of interfering in the 2016 election.

That bit didn’t make the cable news cycle.

NO Russia-hacked-the DNC stories made the cable news cycle over the last 70 days of the campaign.

“The Deep State” clearly favored Trump.

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

An even bigger “coincidence” that day —the Obama Administration formally accused the Russian gov’t of interfering in the 2016 election.

NO Russia-hacked-the DNC stories made the cable news cycle over the last 70 days of the campaign.

Yes, and now we're supposed to believe what Trump's political hacks in charge of the FBI and DNI -- Wray and Ratcliffe-- are telling us about alleged Iranian and Russian hackers undermining Trump.

This latest GOP October Surprise not only makes no sense, it looks like another violation of the Hatch Act.

2 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Who tucks their shirt in bed?

His mama told him, "Rudy, always dress nicely, even in bed. Remember, the clothes make the man."

3 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Rudy says it's "a complete fabrication. I was tucking in my shirt."

https://nypost.com/2020/10/21/rudy-giuliani-says-alleged-borat-sting-is-complete-fabrication/

You know what they say, Cliff, about clothes as evidence!

Tucking in shirts.  Bunching up shirts.  Both BS?

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Tucking in shirts.  Bunching up shirts.  Both BS?

No, the telltale holes are in Rudy's story, not his clothes.

Biden is not out on the trail because he is inside practicing for the debate.

Which is what Trump should be doing, but he thinks he is above that.  Which is why he made a disaster of the first one.

Rudy Giuliani Has Too Much Dignity, Class And Smarts To Be Naively Caught Up In A Silly, Stupid And Embarrassing Borat Put On.

Rudy Giuliani, ...
Apr 14, 2006 — Yes, it's former NYC mayor Rody Giuliani in drag having his "breasts" shamelessly violated by "Apprentice" tycoon Donald Trump. Clip from ...

Edited by Joe Bauer

The aging rock world is also torn asunder by the  2020 pre election political climate!

Beach  Boys Brian Wilson and Al Jardine disavow Trump "Orange County ATM" Beach Boy Benefit in California with aging rock star equivalent to Rudy Giuliani, Mike Love at the helm.

Mike Love got the name  of "The Beach Boys"  much the way  Trump gets what he wants, he litigated.

This isn't the  first time. Mike Love also played at a Safari Club Int.  Convention with safari hunter Donald Trump Jr. as keynote speaker!

"In February, both Wilson and Jardine officially signed on to a Change.org petition urging a boycott of the touring Beach Boys, after Love and company booked a headlining gig at the Safari Club International Convention in Reno, Nevada, where noted safari hunting enthusiast Donald Trump Jr. was the keynote speaker."

image.jpeg.6335352bbcec220b552bb0cd17832f7d.jpeg

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/brian-wilson-al-jardine-trump-benefit-beach-boys-disavow-california-mike-love-1234808907/

David Crosby weighs in  about Mike Love on twitter. He says he "most assuredly has no talent. "  I've considered that. He sued Brian Wilson for partial songwriting rights on a handful of songs. I assume it was for some probably lame  lyrics.

https://guitar.com/news/music-news/david-crosby-beach-boys-mike-love/

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

11 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Yes, and now we're supposed to believe what Trump's political hacks in charge of the FBI and DNI -- Wray and Ratcliffe-- are telling us about alleged Iranian and Russian hackers undermining Trump.

This latest GOP October Surprise not only makes no sense, it looks like another violation of the Hatch Act.

Chuck Schumer claims that Ratcliffe's press statement about Iranian election interference differs from what Ratcliffe told the Senate on the subject.

In the Senate intel briefing, Ratcliffe did not present any evidence of alleged Iranian targeting of Trump.

So, in addition to violating the Hatch Act, Ratcliffe is lying.

I smell a rat.

7 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Chuck Schumer claims that Ratcliffe's press statement about Iranian election interference differs from what Ratcliffe told the Senate on the subject.

In the Senate intel briefing, Ratcliffe did not present any evidence of alleged Iranian targeting of Trump.

So, in addition to violating the Hatch Act, Ratcliffe is lying.

I smell a rat.

W,.

I do too. Did you notice at that press statement (I'm not even going to call it a press briefing or press conference), Christopher Wray was careful not to say where those emails were coming from, or what they were designed to do?

This tells me that there is a division between the FBI and the DNI.

Ratcliff's statement was designed to sew anti-Iranian sentiment among the American public and Iran, and to create sympathy for Donald Trump. Are we going to see a drumbeat for war with Iran in the next two weeks?

Steve Thomas

1964. Nelson Rockefeller is booed off the stage at the Republican National Convention in San Francisco.

"Precisely one year ago tonight, on July 14, 1963, I warned that the Republican Party is in real danger of subversion by a radical, well-financed, highly disciplined minority; a minority wholly alien to the sound and honest conservatism that has firmly based the Republican Party in the best of a century's tradition".

"I have experienced this extremism first-hand".

"We Want Barry". "We Want Barry".

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c3807346/user-clip-governor-nelson-rockefeller-addresses-64-convention

Steve Thomas

16 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

I particularly like the way they tried to manufacture a Hillary win by not releasing the Steele Dossier until nearly three months after the election. It was brilliant.