The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

In addition to the above, there is this:  no Bradley Effect this time.

In 2016, as we later found out, there were many middle class women who favored Trump since they thought he was a change agent. But they did not want to admit that in phone or in person polls.  But they did in online polls. Which is why it was only those three polls that showed him winning.  (Although he actually lost by 3 million. Those female votes broke into the suburban part of the Rust Belt states.)

That is not happening this time. Women have turned on Trump and he is no longer seen as a change agent.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Wheeler just can't accept what's happening and writes 5000 words of disbelief. The Republican party has gradually diminished over the years and got a life jacket from Trump who rallied people who the Democrats had left behind for the last 25 years. It was a very uneasy coalition between the wealthy and powerful and the very people they've successfully marginalized over the last 40 years.

The hubris was the Republicans thinking they could presume on it and yet not deliver to their new constituents. They acted arrogantly and seized every advantage over the Democrats and ended up waking a sleeping giant, who was always potentially there.

The Republican Party could be very successful in a 3 party system. But it's really hard to expand beyond their big and small business base and the religious right. The best they can do is try to makeover themselves as sort of a business inclusion party that expands opportunity everywhere, maybe goes after the Asian American vote, and in the future, capitalizes on the economic theme that Americans are going to have to get lean and mean against the emerging Chinese threat. Some of that is kind of tough to see right now.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

8. USA Today/Suffolk University Poll released on October 27: Hillary Clinton leading Donald Trump by 10 points in a one-on-one race and by nine points in a four way race.

This poll was in the cable news cycle on October 28 along with two news cycle mainstays — the Access Hollywood tape and Trump’s refusal to release his tax returns.  

Then James Comey’s letter to Congress re-opened the Clinton e-mail “scandal” which dominated the news cycle right up to the election.

The Comey Letter Probably Cost Clinton The Election

So why won’t the media admit as much?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Bob I guess I have to say, as much as I admire your optimism and loyalty--sure like to have you on my side during a fight--I think you are whistling past the proverbial graveyard.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/early-voting-historic-pace_n_5f98e897c5b61d63241da224?fbclid=IwAR2xzPXOhDbJBbpyW2Nf5UatXJn_IEgtFHw_tsz07_EUFM1DuZuJA64CARU

I just checked and my mailed-in ballot has been counted, but I can't remember who I voted for. All I can recall is that it's an old man with dementia.

Biden could win this election by campaigning from his front porch. His present campaign realizes this.

The successful presidential campaigns of James A. Garfield in 1880, Benjamin Harrison in 1888, and William McKinley in 1896 are perhaps the best-known front porch campaigns.

Michigan judge halts state official’s ban on open carry of guns at polling places

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/michigan-judge-halts-state-officials-ban-on-open-carry-of-guns-at-polling-places/

DETROIT — Michigan Court of Claims Judge Christopher Murray issued a preliminary injunction Tuesday that effectively halts Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson’s directive banning the open carry of guns near polling locations on Election Day.Attorney General Dana Nessel announced almost immediately after the decision was issued that her office would appeal to the Court of Appeals “as this issue is of significant public interest and importance to our election process.”The edict by Benson “smacks of an attempt at legislation” and lacks public input instead of following the regular rule-making proce…

Trump says militia that sought to kidnap and kill Michigan’s Gov. Whitmer was ‘maybe a problem, maybe it wasn’t’

https://twitter.com/SalHernandez/status/1321180368960016385?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

"But it was our people, my people, our people that helped her out"

The FBI  belongs to him now, don't you know.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

REVEALED: Trump’s border wall is costing taxpayers billions more than initial contracts

By Pro Publica October 28, 2020

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/revealed-trumps-border-wall-is-costing-taxpayers-billions-more-than-initial-contracts/

“Among the biggest beneficiaries of the wall contract changes is Galveston-based SLSCO, which has won the second-most in border wall contracts since 2017, about $2.2 billion, including nearly half a billion dollars in supplemental agreements. North Dakota-based Fisher Sand & Gravel has also won more than $2 billion in contracts since building a controversial private border fence in the Rio Grande Valley, which a ProPublica/Tribune investigation found was in danger of toppling if not fixed and properly maintained. On May 6, federal officials gave the firm a $1.2 billion contract, first reported by the Arizona Daily Star; the government did not publicly announce the massive award. The company’s CEO, Tommy Fisher, could not be reached for comment. SLSCO officials referred questions about its border wall contracts to CBP.

In an October update, the administration said it had identified $15 billion — most of it from military funds — to build a total of 738 miles, which comes out to roughly $20 million a mile.

That’s compared with the $2.4 billion the government spent from 2007-15 to build 653 miles of fence, as well as gates, roads, lighting and other infrastructure, according to the GAO.

Roger Maier, a CBP spokesman, said it’s not reasonable to compare prior expenses to current ones.”

Steve Thomas

- Jeff Paul -

"Thousands of people left out in the cold and stranded in #Omaha, #Nebraska after a #Trump rally. I’m told the shuttles aren’t operating & there aren’t enough busses. Police didn’t seem to know what to do. Some walked. I saw at least one woman getting medical attention."

They bussed them in and then didn't make adequate provision for bussing them back out again.
At least seven were taken to area hospitals with frostbite.
Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:
- Jeff Paul -

"Thousands of people left out in the cold and stranded in #Omaha, #Nebraska after a #Trump rally. I’m told the shuttles aren’t operating & there aren’t enough busses. Police didn’t seem to know what to do. Some walked. I saw at least one woman getting medical attention."

They bussed them in and then didn't make adequate provision for bussing them back out again.
Steve Thomas

female Omaha, Nebraska rally attendee:

https://twitter.com/blaireerskine/status/1321394578952495105?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

"I think this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion."

"I think Trump did this to teach us a lesson."

"What lesson?
"I don't think that's really for me to know, and I think you are really nasty for asking."

"The reason there are so many elderly people passed out and on the ground freezing is that you media people are counting them. If you weren’t counting them, there wouldn’t be so many,”

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

24 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ha...right on Borat!

Some may consider visiting a Las Vegas strip joint and watching a simulated "Golden Showers" performance ( and seemingly liking it according to Michael Cohen ) as creepy.

Trump's publicly stated sympathy for recently arrested and jailed Jeffrey Epstein child sex victim procurer Ghislaine Maxwell is creepy as well.

Bragging about "grabbing women by the pu$$y" ... and how they let you do it because you are a celebrity...now what is more creepy than that?

And facing charges of rape in a NYC department store dressing room by a long time and respected New York City columnist ...with a defense that "she isn't my type" ???  That is Bill Cosby creepy territory.

Looking at a friend's attractive teenage daughter and joking about her being a future date?

Telling your niece ( Mary Trump) "you are stacked" after not seeing her for a long period of time ... creepy, creepy.

Taking overly affectionate father/daughter pics and commenting how if she wasn't his daughter he wouldn't mind ...whatever...how much do American citizens have to hear about Trump's own creepiness to consider the old saying "the pot calling the kettle black?"

Edited by Joe Bauer

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:
- Jeff Paul -

Steve Thomas

Steve,

This isn't Trump's fault.  The reason it was so cold in Omaha is that there were so many thermometers. 🤥

It's difficult to remember when such a graceless idiot was given wide public access, much less high office:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-unhappy-warrior-pitch-to-voters-includes-insults-and-highly-specific-grievances/ar-BB1atIIi

"I probably wouldn't be standing out here in the freezing rain with you," [Trump] told a crowd of hearty [Iowa] souls who had been standing for hours in persistent drizzle to hear him speak. "I'd be home in the White House, doing whatever the hell I was doing. I wouldn't be out here."

The undefined "Whatever the hell I was doing" apparently doesn't include Covid control or a stimulus package. 

Just think how he'll punish America after next Tuesday, in a Scorched Earth policy.

Edited by David Andrews