Jump to content
The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Biden is not out on the trail because he is inside practicing for the debate.

Which is what Trump should be doing, but he thinks he is above that.  Which is why he made a disaster of the first one.

 

 

 

I'm pretty sure Biden is in his basement because he no longer has the mental capacity to answer questions without a whisper in the ear or a Teleprompter in front of him.

Seriously Jim, have you ever seen a Presidential Candidate disappear so thoroughly with less than two weeks to go?

Did you see the list of Campaign Stops JFK made that I posted. 

Biden's strategy of "see as few people as possible" doesn't seem like a winning one compared to JFK and then all the other candidates since JFK (and before) who cris-crossed the country shaking hands and kissing babies. The final campaign whirlwind of non-stop campaigning, especially by the incumbent (like JFK) who does not have a Presidential Day Job to attend to is an American tradition. 

Here is the problem that many of the Biden supporters are looking at.

  • Trump supporters do not see Biden Campaigning.
  • They see soft ball questions from the press.
  • No one shows up at Biden's rallies when he tries to hold them.
  • Trump packs supporters up to the rafters at his rallies.
  • Trump has 40 mile car caravans and boat parades.
  • Trump supporters think the polls are BS; just like they turned out to be BS in 2016.

If Biden pulls out a win, we are going to assume it was stolen.

 

Edited by Robert Wheeler
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Yes, and now we're supposed to believe what Trump's political hacks in charge of the FBI and DNI -- Wray and Ratcliffe-- are telling us about alleged Iranian and Russian hackers undermining Trump.

This latest GOP October Surprise not only makes no sense, it looks like another violation of the Hatch Act.

Chuck Schumer claims that Ratcliffe's press statement about Iranian election interference differs from what Ratcliffe told the Senate on the subject.

In the Senate intel briefing, Ratcliffe did not present any evidence of alleged Iranian targeting of Trump.

So, in addition to violating the Hatch Act, Ratcliffe is lying.

I smell a rat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Chuck Schumer claims that Ratcliffe's press statement about Iranian election interference differs from what Ratcliffe told the Senate on the subject.

In the Senate intel briefing, Ratcliffe did not present any evidence of alleged Iranian targeting of Trump.

So, in addition to violating the Hatch Act, Ratcliffe is lying.

I smell a rat.

W,.

I do too. Did you notice at that press statement (I'm not even going to call it a press briefing or press conference), Christopher Wray was careful not to say where those emails were coming from, or what they were designed to do?

This tells me that there is a division between the FBI and the DNI.

Ratcliff's statement was designed to sew anti-Iranian sentiment among the American public and Iran, and to create sympathy for Donald Trump. Are we going to see a drumbeat for war with Iran in the next two weeks?

Steve Thomas

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Trump Campaign and the Republican Party raised $1.5 billion in two years.

Now, the Trump Campaign is saying it is broke.

Republican allies are asking where all that money went.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Donald Trump.

Steve Thomas

Link to post
Share on other sites

1964. Nelson Rockefeller is booed off the stage at the Republican National Convention in San Francisco.

"Precisely one year ago tonight, on July 14, 1963, I warned that the Republican Party is in real danger of subversion by a radical, well-financed, highly disciplined minority; a minority wholly alien to the sound and honest conservatism that has firmly based the Republican Party in the best of a century's tradition".

"I have experienced this extremism first-hand".

"We Want Barry". "We Want Barry".

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c3807346/user-clip-governor-nelson-rockefeller-addresses-64-convention

Steve Thomas

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

An even bigger “coincidence” that day —the Obama Administration formally accused the Russian gov’t of interfering in the 2016 election.

That bit didn’t make the cable news cycle.

 NO Russia-hacked-the DNC stories made the cable news cycle over the last 70 days of the campaign.

“The Deep State” clearly favored Trump.

I particularly like the way they tried to manufacture a Hillary win by not releasing the Steele Dossier until nearly three months after the election. It was brilliant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Nightmare’: US allies fear America is lost — even if Trump goes down in defeat

 

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/nightmare-us-allies-fear-america-is-lost-even-if-trump-goes-down-in-defeat/

Chris Hedges, one our generation's great thinkers, says the same thing. The collapsing empire is too far gone to be salvaged. It's easy to imagine the acceleration of it whichever one wins. When Biden wins, the nutcases will start marching again like they did against Obama, except this time they'll be armed and violent. If Trump wins, he'll just keep doing what he's doing. Either way were sunk and it's no more than we deserve.

And regardless of which one wins, the president will continue to sell us out to the corporations. Trump is doing it; Biden will do it. I'm depressed. There is nothing in either of their histories to suggest anything else.

Edited by Andrew Prutsok
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

Chris Hedges, one our generation's great thinkers, says the same thing. The collapsing empire is too far gone to be salvaged. It's easy to imagine the acceleration of it whichever one wins. When Biden wins, the nutcases will start marching again like they did against Obama, except this time they'll be armed and violent. If Trump wins, he'll just keep doing what he's doing. Either way were sunk and it's no more than we deserve.

And regardless of which one wins, the president will continue to sell us out to the corporations. Trump is doing it; Biden will do it. I'm depressed. There is nothing in either of their histories to suggest anything else.

Look at the world and know that we have all entered a new paradigm of fragile survival reality on an entire global scale.

Stanford entomologist Paul Erlich and his wife Anne presented a warning prediction model for this world stress and crisis in their 1968 book "Population Bomb."

One that is playing out on the stress side much more so than not.

9 billion people now occupy this planet ( versus 3.5 billion in 1968 ) and they and their governments are all competing for the same natural resources that have not increased 3X like the population.

That simple equation alone speaks for itself. 

With global warming restricting food and water and agriculture availabilities to billions of people along with natural disasters and even pandemics stressing entire nations and societies like never before, no matter who is president of the Untied States in the future, they are going to have to react like every other nation and their governments in this basic survival resource needing free for all.

You remember the gas shortage under Carter? ( one artificially created to help defeat Carter imo ) and how people all over the country were beginning to act out violently with loss of law and order control in many areas? Truckers were forming miles long traffic stoppage demonstrations. People were fighting each other in gas station wait lines?

With billions of people world wide feeling life and death stresses what do you think is going to happen with civil unrest?

And governments, especially in the hardest hit 3rd world countries will turn to fascist police state ones, hammering down on their protesting citizenry with the justification excuse that they have no other choice to stop the rioting chaos.

World human rights will be tossed aside.

One mass natural disaster event ( perhaps a 5 or 10 year long rain drought ) on an area as large as India and Pakistan, or something similar in the Far East or even Africa would effect billions. Mass fires, flooding, earthquakes too.

Look at the massive fires on our own West Coast this year?

We are rich and developed enough to absorb such calamities, but most of the Earth's population resides in nation states that can't absorb such stresses.

All of Earth's nations and people have now entered a new and very fragile state of survival existence. Any President and all other nation state leaders and their policies domestic and foreign will have to be changed to adjust to this global free-for-all need and stress reality.

The 2020's are going to be rough, rough, rough for all of us here and around the world imo.

And technology can help some of us adjust and survive without desperate civil unrest but not all.

If Biden wins this election, it's still going to rough going and probably as long as he is in office.

We are never going back to pre 2020 normal again. We will have a new normal.

Hopefully, we and other nations can still keep our democratic/constitutional basic human rights framed governments intact through this new paradigm of global stress reality.

 

 

 

Edited by Joe Bauer
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Look at the world and know that we have all entered a new paradigm of fragile survival reality on an entire global scale.

Stanford entomologist Paul Erlich and his wife Anne presented a warning prediction model for this world stress and crisis in their 1968 book "Population Bomb."

One that is playing out on the stress side much more so than not.

9 billion people now occupy this planet ( versus 3.5 billion in 1968 ) and they and their governments are all competing for the same natural resources that have not increased 3X like the population.

That simple equation alone speaks for itself. 

With global warming restricting food and water and agriculture availabilities to billions of people along with natural disasters and even pandemics stressing entire nations and societies like never before, no matter who is president of the Untied States in the future, they are going to have to react like every other nation and their governments in this basic survival resource needing free for all.

You remember the gas shortage under Carter? ( one artificially created to help defeat Carter imo ) and how people all over the country were beginning to act out violently with loss of law and order control in many areas? Truckers were forming miles long traffic stoppage demonstrations. People were fighting each other in gas station wait lines?

With billions of people world wide feeling life and death stresses what do you think is going to happen with civil unrest?

And governments, especially in the hardest hit 3rd world countries will turn to fascist police state ones, hammering down on their protesting citizenry with the justification excuse that they have no other choice to stop the rioting chaos.

World human rights will be tossed aside.

One mass natural disaster event ( perhaps a 5 or 10 year long rain drought ) on an area of covering India and Pakistan, or something similar in the Far East or even Africa would effect billions. Mass fires, flooding, earthquakes too.

Look at the massive fires on our own West Coast this year?

We are rich and developed enough to absorb such calamities, but most of the Earth's population resides in nation states that can't absorb such stresses.

All of Earth's nations and people have now entered a very fragile state of survival existence. Any President and all other national state leaders and their policies domestic and foreign will have to be changed to adjust to this global free-for-all stress reality.

The 2020's are going to be rough, rough, rough for all of us here and around the world imo.

And technology can help some of us adjust and survive without desperate civil unrest but not all.

If Biden wins this election, it's still going to rough going and probably as long as he is in office.

We are never going back to pre 2020 normal again. We will have a new normal.

Hopefully, we and other nations can still keep our democratic/constitutional basic human rights framed governments intact through this new paradigm of global stress reality.

 

 

 

That doesn't make me feel better, Joe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

I particularly like the way they tried to manufacture a Hillary win by not releasing the Steele Dossier until nearly three months after the election. It was brilliant.

Andrew, the following story is from CNN, clearly a cable compnany, and its from October of 2016: https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/us-blames-russia-for-targeting-election-systems/

So the excerpt you used from CV is wrong. Your comment above is incredible.  That utterly unreliable and bought and paid for pile of rubbish--going by the name of Steele Dossier-- should have never been published by anyone in any venue.  It was clearly an oppo assignment.  Since when does that merit being published?   But further, for Buzzfeed to have published it without any attempt at fact checking it was even worse. It was a  serious blow to whatever credibility that online journalism had, which was not much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Andrew, the following story is from CNN, clearly a cable compnany, and its from October of 2016: https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/us-blames-russia-for-targeting-election-systems/

So the excerpt you used from CV is wrong. Your comment above is incredible.  That utterly unreliable and bought and paid for pile of rubbish--going by the name of Steele Dossier-- should have never been published by anyone in any venue.  It was clearly an oppo assignment.  Since when does that merit being published?   But further, for Buzzfeed to have published it without any attempt at fact checking it was even worse. It was a  serious blow to whatever credibility that online journalism had, which was not much.

Don't believe I said the dossier warranted being published. In fact, I'm quite sure I did not.  And the article you link is about Russians stealing emails, not the dossier, which is what I referred to. Apparently you think Seth Rich took the emails.

Again, I'll pose the same question, which your smart ass reply failed to address: if the dossier was a hit job by the Deep State to stop Trump from being elected, why was it not made public -- whether warranted or not -- until well after the election? You'd think if they were against Trump they would have tried to get that published somewhere before the election instead of what they actually did, which was to come out 11 days before the election and state they had found new emails from the Democratic nominee and were restarting the investigation.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...